Profile for John Mayes > Reviews

MOTOROLA BC50 BATTERY
MOTOROLA BC50 BATTERY
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 Jun. 2013
This review is from: MOTOROLA BC50 BATTERY (Accessory)
I replaced my former battery with this: its given a new lease of life to my trusty old Motorola phone.

The Wisden Book of Test Cricket 2000-2009: v. 4
The Wisden Book of Test Cricket 2000-2009: v. 4
by Steven Lynch ed

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 20 Mar. 2013
If you like this sort of thing, it's unique and near perfect. I'd like some more statistics at the back, but I know I can get them elsewhere.

Apple MD715BT/AiPod touch 5th Generation - 64GB Yellow
Apple MD715BT/AiPod touch 5th Generation - 64GB Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars What fun!, 20 Mar. 2013
I needed to upgrade my iPod as I had run out of room on it, and this is my first experience of this sort of gadget. I simply can't get over watching films and live TV in high quality through iPlayer and SkyGo, or the books I've been able to get for free, or the various apps - also for free - which I've found. I've been missing a lot! The only carps I have are that if you don;t know what you're doing it's a bit hard to get started, I'd like a tiny bit more battery life, and the fixed apps on the home screen that I'm never going to use are a bit annoying.

Kolay Flip Case Cover Stand/Screen Protector/Stylus Pen for Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 Feb. 2013
Ipod touch fits snugly, pen is very useful for someone like me with vast, clumsy fingers, although somewhere to clip it would be useful (I've used an elastic band). I couldn't get the bubbles out of the screen protector, but that may be my fault rather than that of the product. For the money, an essential purchase.

iGloo 3 Pin Plug Mains Adapter Charger For Apple iPod Touch 5 5th Generation
iGloo 3 Pin Plug Mains Adapter Charger For Apple iPod Touch 5 5th Generation
Offered by Quality Product Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with my ipod touch, 24 Feb. 2013
I have not tried it with anything else yet, but it does do the job perfectly with my ipod touch.

20 x Electrolux Mondo Z1100 E44 Bags Hoover dust bags E44 E49 E49n
20 x Electrolux Mondo Z1100 E44 Bags Hoover dust bags E44 E49 E49n
Offered by Electrics Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars What can one say about vacuum cleaner bags?, 24 Feb. 2013
They fit our vacuum cleaner, are reasonably priced and arrived quickly. What else can one say? Still need four words.

Belkin In Car Tunecast 6 Universal FM Transmitter - Black
Belkin In Car Tunecast 6 Universal FM Transmitter - Black
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with my ipod touch, 24 Feb. 2013
Easy to set up and use; only possibly issue over my old in-car ipod transmitter/charger is that you have three leads to deal with rather than one, but on the other hand it's easier to read the frequency you're on.

The World Encyclopedia of Battleships
The World Encyclopedia of Battleships
by Peter Hore

1.0 out of 5 stars This is getting silly..., 25 Dec. 2012
This is the third version of this book under different titles by the same author that I have been bought as a gift: the others being called 'Battleships' and 'The Ironclads, an Illustrated History of Battleships from 1860 to the First World War'. The former is simply a larger format, the latter an abbreviated but otherwise identical book, word for word, picture for picture, page layout for page layout. I think this is a pretty questionable approach to take by an author or a publisher.

Lotus: The Competition Cars - All the Racing Type Numbers from 1947 to the Modern Era
by Anthony Pritchard

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking colour quality, 15 Dec. 2012
The book is brilliant, but the colour quality is truly appalling (I have spent most of my working life in print, and am still editing a colour magazine).

It was bought as a Christmas gift, but although it means my son may not get his gift it's going straight back. I'm not sure if there's any point in sending it to Amazon as their entire stock may be this bad, so I'll to speak to the publisher to try to get a copy in which the BRG, Gold Leaf and JPS liveries are shown in a manner which is at least acceptable.

The Official DSA Complete Theory Test Kit - 2012 (PC/Mac)
The Official DSA Complete Theory Test Kit - 2012 (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, and exellent, 14 Nov. 2012
This is really good; an essential guide to the two parts of the theory test. You need a fair amount of time to go through the learning processes, but it's time very well spent. Only small carp is that it seemed to take long time to calculate scores, but that may have been down to our PC.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4