Profile for S. Small > Reviews

Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as people are making it out to be!, 12 Dec. 2012
I would like to start of by saying that it is a shame that there looks to be fake reviews from the company that makes the DVD, but would like to say I am a honest reviewer (I have been reviews items on here for the past year) and a big peter Kay fan!

I'm going to be honest, I bought this with quite low expectations after reading the reviews on here. When I got the DVD I was really surprised.
As a genuine fan of Peter Kay, I thought it was great to get to see more from the famous 'Tour that didn't tour, tour.'

It was also really great to see the clips that never makes it on to the DVD's, like the interactions with the crowd and when peter goes off in a completely different direction than planned and still makes the whole venue and the viewer at home laugh, Now that's comedy!

It was also great to see peter off stage and what he is like normally. The interviews were great as it was a great insight into the background of the whole idea and planning of the tour and the fact that there was no audience when filming so he is being serious about it.

Also, you get to see one of 'two up, two down' from Britain's got the pop factor...
Always a bonus!

Overall I think you should ignore the negative reviews and if you are like me (A proper Peter Kay fan) you will be very happy with the DVD. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a big fan as I have been a victim of a bad, rip off Peter Kay DVD which was the monstrosity that was 'Special Kay' A complete waste of time and money!

Also the UV copy which comes with the DVD is great! If you have a smartphone you will love it. If your like me you'll find something funny about the show, you'll no doubt be trying to explain and tell a joke to friends or work colleagues and are horrible at explaining things then you can just take out your phone and show them the clip as you get a free full version of the show on your phone. It is also great if you have a long journey to work or school and want to be entertained!

To conclude it was a great purchase and will make a great Christmas present!

GENUINE FOSSIL Wallet EVANS Man - ML3070001
GENUINE FOSSIL Wallet EVANS Man - ML3070001

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wallet, 21 July 2012
Although I didn't buy the item from amazon, the wallet is a great.
Plenty of space for cards and a nice clear slot for ID's etc.

Overall I highly recommend this product to anyone.

Facejacker - Series 2 [DVD]
Facejacker - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kayvan Novak

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk to Terry!, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Facejacker - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This has got to be one of the best DVD purchases that i have made this year (and believe me, i've made quite a few!)
After seeing the series on TV i had to buy the DVD, and was still 100% as funny as it was on TV.
All the characters are brilliant, and with characters like Terry and Dufrais in america for the whole series also adds that extra element to the show.

Brian Badonde- BOH! One of my favourite characters! He is the art critic that knows very little about art! . He suffers from a speech impediment called "Bourettes", which forces him to begin certain words with the letter B. And often losses of control of vocal control and ends up spluttering out noises such as "Bwah", "Boh", and "Bah"

Terry Tibbs- Hits the USA! Terry has worked brilliantly in the USA with him hosting a beauty contest, his own Jerry Springer type talk show and a version of hit show 'The Apprentice' titled The Apprentibbs!

ah and my personal favourite- Augustus Kwembe the Ugandan scammer from the Republic of Uganda. With scams such as because the 'River Patrol' and trying to rip of Boris Bike customers! Also new for series 2 Augustine Kwembe! The twin sister of Augustus, with the same idea as her twin brother, all she wants to do is scam to public!

Even the short break sequences between scenes which includes the characters saying or even signing something hilariously funny, will sure to have you rolling on the floor laughing!

To conclude, even the fact that your reading this review must mean your interested, so go on ahead... BUY IT!

As Augustus would say "Yes, yes, yes indeed!"

Gavin & Stacey - Christmas Special [DVD]
Gavin & Stacey - Christmas Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ruth Jones
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Gavin and Stacey at it's best!, 23 Dec. 2011
I'll keep this review short and sweet!

I love gavin and stacey, it's got to be one best shows ever and the Christmas special doesn't disappoint! I have already watched this once and going to make sure my family and I watch it on christmas eve or day to get us into the festive mood!

Top Gear - The Great Adventures (Polar Special & US Special) [DVD]
Top Gear - The Great Adventures (Polar Special & US Special) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson
Offered by SORETHUMBZ

2.0 out of 5 stars Great special, bad DVD?, 23 Dec. 2011
I am a hugh fan of Top Gear, i look forward to watching it on a Sunday night and enjoy the brilliant cars and challenges. I especailly love the special and when seeing the US special on TV a few times, i decided it had to be bought, and it comes with the Polar special so it was a bonus.

Before i go on, i must say the price and service by amazon was amazing, cheap and quick, the way online shopping should be.

Anyway, Last night i sat down and watched it, and was hugely disappointed by it. There had been scenes cut out and the sound track had been changed.

Overall the DVD had been shortened, no special features, like deleted scenes, commentary, interviews NOTHING! I would had been better of watching it on TV.

I am yet to watch the Polar Special. but from the box i see it is the directors cut, so i shouldnt have the same problem with it being shorter.

Hopefully you find this review helpful :)

Saints Row: The Third (Xbox 360)
Saints Row: The Third (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, JUST WOW, 22 Dec. 2011
I am writing this review very early in the game, i have completed just over 10% of the game.

And just like the title all i can say is... WOW

For the first time ever, i bought this game from a 2 minute description of it from my friend.

He described it as Grand Theft Auto but taking the pi**. Alot more freedom, buying places, keeping items such as cars, helicopters, air planes. He explained all the stuff you can do. Two minutes late, BOUGHT!

The graphics are in my option amazing, they aren't the most realistic graphics in the world but personally i love them.

I love GTA online but call me crazy, i don't like the campaign. The online GTA experience is one of the best ever! Which leads me on to the subject of the Saints Row- The Third online. In a word, disappointing, if they had of went on the idea of a online hugh open world, lots of players like GTA this game would be perfect.

The co-op mode is a good multi-player, because with the features the game has to offer you won't get bored of it and is nearly as good as the GTA one, but if only you could have more friends join in, it would be 100% perfect.

So to conclude, stop reading this review and go buy the game!

Peter Kay Live - The Tour That Didn't Tour Tour [DVD] (2011)
Peter Kay Live - The Tour That Didn't Tour Tour [DVD] (2011)
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, 3 Dec. 2011
I am a huge fan of peter kay, from his old tours to Max and Paddy's road to nowhere. The man's a genius, but this DVD had so much exception, for me it could be better. Yes, there was laugh out loud moments, but not enough.

Worth a watch, but could be better.

I Can Animate (PC/Mac)
I Can Animate (PC/Mac)

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't animate!, 3 Dec. 2011
This review is from: I Can Animate (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
This is a useless piece of software,
Hard to work and understand and basically did not work for me,
its rubbish!

Dont waste your time, AVOID

Fenech-Soler
Fenech-Soler
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best debut albums ever!, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Fenech-Soler (Audio CD)
I'll be honest i never heard of these guys until last week while at an example concert (ALSO CHECK OUT HIS ALBUM!)Playing in the Shadows - The Album and they were supporting him, i was AMAZED i never heard of this band before, their music was amazing.

After the show i went on itunes and bought the album from start to finish, pure gold!

BUY IT!

Looking forward to their next album which they confirmed on twitter would be recorded in the new year and would be followed by a tour :)

The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth
The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth
by Chris Moyles

5.0 out of 5 stars Why the hate, 1 Dec. 2011
I really dont understand the hate that this book is getting,

Chris is a dead on bloke, he didnt just "get lucky" he worked his way from the bottom to the top!

He asked all sarcastic on air, but thats what makes him so funny and popular but it real life he is very nice, as i met him one day outside radio 1. I'll be honnest i thought he wont ignore me or just sign the autograph and leave, but i was surprised, he stopped and chatted.

As for the book it is a very interesting read about one man and big mouth!

Page: 1 | 2