Profile for William "William Jack" Jack > Reviews

Content by William &#...

William "William Jack" Jack "sceptic_euro"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
SMOK TFV8 Black Cloud Beast Sub Ohm Tank *Genuine*
SMOK TFV8 Black Cloud Beast Sub Ohm Tank *Genuine*
Offered by 10 Clouds

1.0 out of 5 stars 0 Stars, 26 April 2017
1 star is too much.

1) It leaks, endlessly. I mean, I thought my Kangertech tanks were bad - this is so leaky it's practically unusable
2) The coils are ridiculously expensive. I think they're about 4 GBP each
3) The coils can't decide what wattage they want to be at. 50-120W? Bull - I've had them burn, with a full tank, at 35W.
4) The top fill swings open, as per the picture. Problem is, it doesn't lock into place properly - so, yes, leaving it in your bag will end up with a bag full of e-liquid.
5) You can't change the coil without draining the tank - the thing just falls apart and liquid pours out
6) It leaks. I just want to reiterate that.
7) It overheats horrifically, to the point of scorching your mouth / hands. This is the first tank I have ever had this problem with.

Honestly, this tank is completely worthless. It's not even worth using as a backup. AVOID.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lenovo K5 Dual Sim Smartphone - Silver/White
Lenovo K5 Dual Sim Smartphone - Silver/White

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very satisfied - it's not lightning fast, 16 July 2016
I am very satisfied - it's not lightning fast, but it's fast enough - the battery life, for my purposes, is excellent. The screen, while not exactly award-winning, is certainly good enough.

Ultimately, you get what you pay for - and I feel like this purchase was, for me, money well spent. Great value.

Vaporesso Ceramic Ccell Coil Ni200 0.2 ohm Kanthal 0.9 ohm Ss316 0.5 ohm 0.8 ohm For Target Tank 75 Vtc Kit Gemini Aspire Atlantis 1 2/Triton 1 2/Eleaf Melo 1 2 - Pack of 5
Offered by online-konglomerat®

1.0 out of 5 stars "I really want to know what burned ceramic tastes like, but I want to find out immediately", 15 July 2016
If you have ever sat down and thought, "I really want to know what burned ceramic tastes like, but I want to find out immediately", these are the coils for you

Fitbit Blaze Smart Activity Tracker and Fitness Watch with Wrist Based Heart Rate Monitor - Black/Small

2.0 out of 5 stars Heart Rate monitor is defeated by sweat, 6 July 2016
Ultimately, I had to return it.

The heart rate monitor frequently stops working - Fitbit indicated that this was due to, and I am not making this up, "sweat"

A fitness tracker with a heart rate monitor that switches off when you start to sweat is neither use nor bloody ornament. And it's not just intensive exercise - even a fairly spirited walk would cause this issue.

I've given it two stars rather than one, because everything else is actually great.

Fuck Utah
Fuck Utah
by Johnny Scarlotti

1.0 out of 5 stars No. Just no, 4 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Fuck Utah (Paperback)
As the title suggests, this is all but unreadable.

Honestly I could write a long review detailing just how appalling this collection is, but I have already wasted enough of my time unfriending the person who recommended it.

Save yourself the money, just go to youtube and read the comments- they're usually more coherent.

OtterBox Defender Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Glacier
OtterBox Defender Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Glacier

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough one to review, but overall quite good, 23 Mar. 2014
I've given this three stars; to be honest, I would give it three point five, but there isn't that option. Understand at least that I view this case to fall above three stars, and not below it.

With that said, this case is not bad. As with Otterbox's Defender series, you get all around protection - there's a thick screen protector on the front, and an hard inner-shell, with a thick rubber skin around that inner shell. This gives you layers of protection - there's also a small piece of a foam-like material on the back of the hard shell, which should give a tiny bit extra damage resistance.

The first problem is that it makes the phone significantly large, but that's part and parcel of this type of case. I expected it, of course, as I've had three of this type of case before, but you should definitely be aware of this if you're used to thinner cases. The holster is enormous, though. Again, this may be necessary, but I really don't understand why you'd buy a compact version of a phone and then put an enormous holster on it. Money considerations, perhaps.

And it does flex! Now, you expect that from the rubber, but not from the hard shell. I expected it to be made of slightly sterner stuff, but it's very easy to push in. You don't need to lean on it with full force. That said, the quality of the case looks superb. The manufacturing is very high quality, the rubber moulding is outstanding. There are a few minor niggles - on my case, at least, there are a few parts of the outer skin that don't quite mate properly with the hard shell. These are very minor gaps, but some of the case looks a bit "wavy", some parts extruded, some intruded.

In terms of usability, it's a mixed bag. The openable ports at the top and bottom are great - they're very easy to open, which is not always the case with sealable ports. The negative side of usability is the power and volume buttons; they are very, very stiff. You will have to press exceptionally hard to operate either of these three buttons. Unlocking or altering the volume is not a relaxing experience.

I have used, in the past, similar cases; these have not had this issue with the controls. It is possible to design a hard two-layer case without having these very difficult buttons.

I bought this case so that I could protect my phone, a new investment, in the hopes I could keep it working flawlessly for many years, without any dings or scratches. I have no doubt that this case will achieve that, but... given how frustrating it is to use the buttons on the phone, I suspect the case will be replaced long before the phone. Only time will tell.

I Like The Way (Radio Edit)
I Like The Way (Radio Edit)

1.0 out of 5 stars I like the way I can delete this from my music collection, 21 Mar. 2014
This is a song that does not hold up to much scrutiny. It is nowhere near as good as you originally think it is.

I always try my darndest not to delete songs I have paid for, as it seems like a waste of money. Come to think of it, "waste of money" seems perfectly apt to describe this particular work.

Avoid.

OtterBox Defender Series Protective Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 - Black
OtterBox Defender Series Protective Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars As the three star review indicated, it is OK, 21 Mar. 2014
This is a good case, if I'm honest. If you're looking for something very sturdy and reliable, this is a great case to go for. I would recommend it.

That said, there are quite a few serious caveats.

Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - The Works
Vivaldi: The Four Seasons - The Works

5.0 out of 5 stars By Grabthar's Hammer, what a recording!, 21 Mar. 2014
First off, let me say that I am very pleased with this purchase, very pleased. I was originally sceptical - the price alone made me wonder if this would not be a poor quality release, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It sounds excellent. Trevor "The Hammer" Pinnock is not without his controversies, but clearly he has risen above these to produce a masterfully-conducted interpretation of Vivaldi's Magnum Opus. Clearly he has put The Hammer down, and dispensed some indiscriminate music.

The playing of the orchestra is sublime! It easily matches the expectations of a conductor as demanding as The Hammer.

As for the actual work, you can pretty much take it or leave it. I'll leave it... on my MP3 player, so that I can look sophisticated.

Exs Glow in the dark condoms x12
Exs Glow in the dark condoms x12

1.0 out of 5 stars These are nowhere near as exciting as you might imagine, 21 Mar. 2014
In seriousness, these were not very bright. The marketing leads you to believe that your Johnson will be turned into a lightsaber, but in reality, you could barely see it at all. The glow, that is. I'm not sure what the point of spending more on novelty condoms is, really. If your sex life is so boring that you think a vaguely fluorescent condom will put the spark back into your relationship, I have news for you.

Moreover, there is a significant problem with the very concept of these condoms. Unless your partner is transparent, or at least translucent, you aren't going to see very much of these. The nature of sex requires penetration, which will of course obscure your view of these so-called "glowing" condoms. If these are spending a significant amount of time outside your partner, why even bother with condoms in the first place? In any case, I certainly won't be buying these again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2016 1:31 PM BST