Profile for D. G. Price > Reviews

Content by D. G. Price

D. G. Price "60s and 70s music fan" (Near Caerphilly,South Wales)

The Secret Garden [DVD]
The Secret Garden [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Hollis Andrews
Offered by rwl-123

5.0 out of 5 stars Child Acting At It's Best, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Secret Garden [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this series twice in the 1970s, in 1975 when it was first broadcast then again when it was repeated on a Sunday afternoon in 1976, I was totally captivated by Sarah Hollis Andrews who played the part of Mary Lennox, I thought she stole the show with her brilliant performance, the picturesque setting was very enjoyable too.

If you want to see a classic tale wonderfully told then this is the DVD for you.

The Mind Of Mr JG Reeder - The Complete Series [DVD]
The Mind Of Mr JG Reeder - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Burden
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The music and the magic, 13 Sept. 2010
I bought this series wondering weather I would still love it as much as I did when viewing it avidly forty years ago, I have now watched it theree times in a week and still feel excatly the same, Hugh Burden plays the part of JG Reader with such perfection, his elerquant diction and charming manners, I love the quaintness of it all.

I recall vividly forty years ago how I would stand in front of the television set waiting for that great catchy theme music called The Bango Boy to come on and I would dance around to it before settling down to watch the story unfold.

If you've not already done so buy it now.