Profile for Blonde4Life > Reviews

Have You Seen My Potty?
Have You Seen My Potty?
by Mij Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok as a story, 28 Nov. 2012
I got this book as I am planning to potty train my toddler in the next few months. I found this book to be overlong as a training aid, my daughter lost interest after a couple of pages and didn't really appreciate the rhyme or story - definately for older children.

Disney Winnie The Pooh Steady Potty (White)
Disney Winnie The Pooh Steady Potty (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a first potty, 28 Nov. 2012
Perfect for potty training as it doesn't scoot about the floor. Toddlers make a great performance of reversing onto a potty and this doesn't move away from them as they get the hang of sitting on it.

Mamas & Papas - Essentials Footmuff - Red
Mamas & Papas - Essentials Footmuff - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable and cosy, 28 Nov. 2012
My daughter is 19 months old and still fits into this footmuff, although I would doubt that it will be long enough very shortly. We have the Mamas and Papas Kato buggy and this footmuff fits perfectly. Unfortunate that Mamas and Papas buggies are designed in such a way that universal footmuff is compatible other than their own make.
However, all being said this footmuff was not overly expensive and keeps my daughter warm on chilly days so it does the job perfectly.

That's Not My Teddy (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
That's Not My Teddy (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little ones, 7 May 2012
This is the second book I have bought from the "That's not my...." series. My 13 month old daughter loves them, she can turn the pages on her own and seeks out the patch on the page with interest. Great fun for her and remarkably robust!! Fantastic price too - will certainly consider buying more.

Munchkin Baby Food Grinder
Munchkin Baby Food Grinder

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, 17 April 2012
Weaning was a breeze when all my daughter had to eat was mush - however, she was a little rascal and resisted all attempts at getting her to progress onto eating what we were eating. I was at my wits end, exhausted with constant battles every meal time, resorting to feeding her specially made baby meals just to avoid confrontation. Then I got the Munchkin Baby Food Grinder, bit of a guddle until you get the hang of it but makes light work of all meats, sausages and anything the little darlings may balk at. Once it's gone through this fabulous gadget she'll eat it up and look for more.
Easily cleaned, quickly assembled and a great price - certainly cheaper than continuing to buy the jars!

X-Men Quadrilogy - X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds
Offered by FILMNIGHT

5.0 out of 5 stars Guilty pleasure satisfied, 17 April 2012
After seeing X-Men on the TV a few months ago I was curious to see the other films in the series. I am far too old for super-hero films at 35 but this I loved. I got four films, of varying standard but all mindless yet enjoyable viewing, for less than £8.00 - bargain - granted there are no deleted scenes, extras or those annoying "the making of...." documentaries. It did exactly what it said on the tin.
And lets face it spending a couple of hours watching Hugh Jackman is no hardship!
If you want the films and nothing else for a great price then this is the product for you.

The Lion King (Diamond Edition) [DVD]
The Lion King (Diamond Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Irons
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney Gold, 29 Nov. 2011
I could literally rave about this DVD until all review readers have lost the will to carry on!
Superb animation, perfect for family viewing - yet another Disney triumph. I must be a fan as, despite already owning this on VHS, I pre-ordered it as soon as Amazon advertised it as available on DVD.
I cannot recommend this enough, I would buy it again and again!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Big Board Book)
The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Big Board Book)
by Eric Carle
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy it all over again!, 23 Oct. 2011
My daughter is only 6 months old but already enjoys story time - this big board book is perfect for her as she can grasp the big pages and help to turn them herself. Fantastic story, a complete joy for little ones.
I would recommend this book for any child. The price on Amazon makes it an affordable choice and the charm of the story is everlasting!

Lamaze Play & Grow Sophie the Princess
Lamaze Play & Grow Sophie the Princess
Offered by Mytoyfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful amusement, 5 Aug. 2011
I bought this toy for my daughter when she was 3 months old. It has been a huge hit and is now a permament fixture on the pram hood. She loves it, either to swat at and attempt to grab or even just to smile at when she wakens up. Well made, bright and colourful - even the underskirt is patterned and has provided my little girl with hours of entertainment. Would definately recommend.

First-Time Parent: The honest guide to coping brilliantly and staying sane in your baby's first year
by Lucy Atkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous publication, 16 Jun. 2011
My health visitor advised that all books should be thrown away when your baby is born due to the conflicting information you will get. My advice for any first time parent is that this book is the only one you need to buy. Not only does it give you no nonsense practical advice but it gives complete reassurance that your baby will not break or explode if you make a minor mistake. It emphasises the importance of remembering that both you and your baby are learning here, nobody is instantly the perfect parent so give yourself a break and take it easy, you will get the hang of it.
My daughter is only 9 weeks old and I constantly refer back to this book for guidance and peace of mind. The humour with which it is written also encourages you to laugh at yourself as you relate to the issues it covers.
I love it and have already recommended it to some of my friends who are expecting their first baby!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4