Profile for Fons Jena > Reviews

Content by Fons Jena

Fons Jena "1302" (Flanders,Western-Europe)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Halo: The Thursday War (Halo 2)
Halo: The Thursday War (Halo 2)
by Karen Traviss

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to the Halo novels, 3 April 2013
I have read every Halo novel and must say that this novel was one of the better ones (perhaps because it is the one that is fresh in my memory). The parallel stories are nice additions to the universe and are a great introduction to the story of Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. One story is about the Sangheili and their civil war while another story follows a UNSC team that is working 'under cover'. The Sangheili story gives you more info about Humanity's enemy and the UNSC story tells you about the plan that feeds the civil war on Sanghelios. There are also many references to the Forerunners which I like very much.

It's simple: if you like the Halo Universe and you want to fill in the dark pieces you should read it.

Halo: Primordium: Book Two of the Forerunner Trilogy (Forerunner 2)
Halo: Primordium: Book Two of the Forerunner Trilogy (Forerunner 2)
by Greg Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish the book never ended..., 6 Feb. 2012
First of all you should start with the first one (Halo: Cryptum). And just like the first one the story is great (it continues from the first). The sense of adventure, scale and importance are all on their place and I just wished I could read on for eternity (I'm waiting for part 3!). I'm not going to say anything about the story but for people not yet into Halo novels you don't have to know much of the Halo universe (except Halo: Cryptum). However the more you know about the setting and story the more fun it is I think.

The 'Halo' story is just so great (scale, awesomeness, plot, etc...) that I hope that the novels (and games) will never stop coming. For those that liked part 1 (Cryptum) you should get this one too, that simple. For the new ones I propose that you should do some research about the Halo universe :) and check out the many other great novels (or start with Cryptum and this one).

Halo Anniversary
Halo Anniversary

5.0 out of 5 stars Great like the others, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Halo Anniversary (Audio CD)
I don't know how I have to judge the quality of this one in comparison to the original (Combat Evolved) one but it does sound 'more' but that could be just in my head because I expected more. If you have the other soundtracks you just have to get this one too, simple as that. In total you get about 80 minutes of awesome, dream-inducing music that feels a lot like the first version but with many positive tweaks (sometimes you may say in yourself why the hell did they change it!?).

Death Of The West
Death Of The West
by Patrick J. Buchanan

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every human (especially socialists), 23 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Death Of The West (Paperback)
I'm deeply worried about the future of our western societies so I ordered this book to read and now more about it. I knew it was written by an American but the problems he talks about is truly for every western country the same and he really does a good job to talk about the whole west, not only America. That is why I loved it. He talks about problems many people think about and would like to share but somehow it is still a taboo (here in Belgium anyway, if you are against multiculturalism you are an enemy of the state). By reading this it made me feel better. There are other people around with the same thoughts. I highlighted many parts and expressions because they sounded so well.
It is frightening and not good for the moral if you realise the state in which we are. We are getting closer and closer to extiction and still people don't get it. I am sure this books is a helping hand. I don't like the religious side of his reasoning but I guess perfect people do not exist. He also seems to encourage larger families in the west, which I think is a bad road too but for all other things is is damn right.

Some cool expressions in this book:
'There is no greater sorrow on earth, than the loss of one's native land' - Euripides
'All civilizations are not equal. The West has given the world the best that has been thought and taught. - Buchanan
'Today, the peoples of Europe are being told that decency, justice, and rihtful restitution for their past sins require that they throw open their doors and share their national homes with the descendants of their fathers misruled and presecuted, however many wish to come.' Buchanan

Halo Wars
Halo Wars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, like all Halo music, 23 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Halo Wars (Audio CD)
I own every other Halo soundtrack but forgot that Halo Wars had one too. So I bought it immediately and my expectations where high because all other soundtracks are so good. After a quick and good service (like I'm used to with Amazon, but this time it was really quick because it left a Amazon depot not far from I live, it didn't came from England) I was captured by the music once again. They all sound very familiar and if you played Halo Wars enough you can say which song is from which mission. I have to say the songs are pretty short and the overall play time is short if compared to the others but its quality is like all others.

If you love Halo music you must get this one too. You may say they sound a bit different than traditional Halo songs but so did the ODST soundtrack. Love it.

Halo: Cryptum: Book One of the Forerunner Trilogy
Halo: Cryptum: Book One of the Forerunner Trilogy
by Greg Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes me dream..., 24 July 2011
I am a Halo fan so I had to get this book. I waited until the softcover version came out and started reading it. I was a bit curious about the story because it is far away from the Halo universe we know of. But that curiousity was answered with great satisfaction. The story is awesome and it reads really well, great writing. It is still Halo and many things are related to the terminals in Halo 3. It is a must for everybody that likes the Halo universe and is curious about the history of it. Even if you are new to 'Halo' you can read this because the red line through the Halo universe is pretty simple in fact (and this book is in the beginning). You go back to the far past and meet the Forerunners. The Forerunners are an awesome civilizition/species, I wish our world was a bit more Forerunner-ish lol. The scale of their world is behind words and their role in the universe is the most noble cause a species can have. Look I'm starting to dream again! Looking forward to the next two parts because that universe is so huge and well designed that I still need to discover a lot. The book has not the same dimension than the others (Ghosts of Onyx, ...) but hey that is not a problem. And like I am used to, Amazon delivered it fast and in good state.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good T-shirt, 18 Jun. 2011
Bought this with 2 other shirts from the same brand and like the others its looks high-quality and like the printings on the shirt. The text on the back could have been clearer so people could read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good T-shirt, 18 Jun. 2011
I bought this shirt with 2 others from the same brand and they all look like high-quality shirts. The printings look strong so let's hope it will last awhile. It is indeed Master chief in its Halo 2 armor suit but I like it. It makes me somehow feel stronger!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good T-shirt, 18 Jun. 2011
It feels and looks like a good quality T-shirt. I was scared about the size XXL not being enough but it is more than enough for tall people (+- 2m). The package arrived quick and in good condition. I can't tell how it will last in the long term but the descent quality printing will not get off anytime soon I think. Being a big Halo fan I can tell you that the shirt gives me extra energy ahah!!

Goo Gone Large - Sticker, Tar, Crayon, Gum, lipstick, wax etc remover - 236ml (8Oz)
Offered by BEST VALUES

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, 31 Dec. 2010
I was looking for this product a long time ago cause it just removed everything so easily. And it is less toxic than most comparable products (and smells good) thus making it even better. Looking for a goo remover? Don't look further...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3