Profile for Juiced Up > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Diet Myth: The Real Science Behind What We Eat
The Diet Myth: The Real Science Behind What We Eat

5.0 out of 5 stars Take care of your gut!, 7 July 2015
Well written explanation for how important our microbiome is....with sensible, easily adoptable changes to make to your life.

Miusol Women's Vintage Style Floral Square V Neck Long Dress Size L
Miusol Women's Vintage Style Floral Square V Neck Long Dress Size L
Offered by Miusol-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great form-fitting dress, 7 July 2015
Great dress - after reading previous reviews I took care with sizing.....I am a UK size 12 (on the generous side of a size 12 tbh after a recent holiday), and chose a L size. The fit is fine - there is a bit of stretch in the material and I may have been able to do with the next size down (especially once the holiday pounds have gone), but who wants a dress they can squeeze into and not breathe properly all night?

Anyway, the dress....good material, nice cut, finish is fine....a total bargain for the price I paid. It is very flattering (I'm a curvy 12) and fits in the right places. Style is quite formal, so I won't be wearing it a lot as I don't go to many really swanky places, but very happy with it!

1 Roll of Savoy Disposable Piping Bags - 100 21" Bags
1 Roll of Savoy Disposable Piping Bags - 100 21" Bags
Offered by Sugarhut

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted, 16 Sept. 2012
Bought these as got large size nozzle which didn't fit my fabric bag - and have now thrown out the old bag....these are the future! Really sturdy, huge and a brilliant price. Why struggle to properly and fully clean out a fabric bag?

Cupcake French Swirl Extra Large Nozzle Tip, for Icing, Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft
Offered by Cake and Cookie Central

5.0 out of 5 stars Large nozzle, 16 Sept. 2012
Wanted a large nozzle for piping fresh cream into a fruit gateau - this is great. Too large for my existing piping bag, but knew this in advance, and used disposable piping bags (now totally converted to them....). Great finish.

Vintage Butterfly 70's Inspired Mirrored Locket Watch Necklace & Butterfly Charm - Boxed & Gift Wrapped

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece, 16 Sept. 2012
I have had lots of compliments when wearing this - it's a real talking point. It keeps time well, can't comment on battery fitting as it's still going strong on the original battery and it comes beautifully packaged and would make a great gift.

Lock & Lock Cake Box 12.6ltr Incl. F. Tray
Lock & Lock Cake Box 12.6ltr Incl. F. Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cake carrier, 16 Sept. 2012
A great solution for storing and transporting cakes - it is really sturdy and even with a large heavy cake on a plate inside, you can be confident that the locking system and the handle won't let you down. My last creation was a 3 tiered decorated cake, and fitted in easily (I removed the optional tray to accommodate the height). I have been asked to buy another for my mother in law's Christmas cake - is there a higher endorsement? Highly recommended.

Kitchen Craft Home Made Deluxe Stainless Steel Cooking Thermometer
Kitchen Craft Home Made Deluxe Stainless Steel Cooking Thermometer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate, 5 Dec. 2010
Bought this to make some fudge for the first time. After burning 3 pans in a row and throwing away a lot of what I can only describe as moonrocks, I couldn't work out where I was going wrong - I had only heated to softball. Or so I thought. On testing the thermometer in boiling water, it read 90 degrees. That explains the moonrocks...I had overheated the mixture significantly.

It's just not accurate at all - I'll be investing a bit more in a digital probe and hopefully getting something I can rely on a bit more.

Russell Hobbs 12051-56 Salt and Pepper Grinders, Battery Powered - Stainless Steel
Offered by SEDIVA UK

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for salt, no good for peppercorns, 1 Dec. 2010
Have had these for a few weeks now - the mill I am using for salt is still going strong and am delighted with it. However, the mill I was using for peppercorns has stopped working.... motor still trying but to no avail. Have altered the coarseness of the grinder, emptied it out, but nothing doing - it just doesn't seem to be able to handle peppercorns.

So overall mixed - very happy with the salt, very disappointed with the pepper - hence only 3 stars.

It's Not about Food: End Your Obsession with Food and Weight
It's Not about Food: End Your Obsession with Food and Weight
by Carol Emery Normandi M.S.

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer, 17 Nov. 2010
I've been on every diet, and most of them worked....until I stopped the diet - you know the story.

This is not a diet, it's not a diet book, it's about understanding why we eat how we do, how & why we use food to punish ourselves or to stay in control or to conform.

Truly eye opening - slightly Americanised in places - but very readable, and highly recommend to anyone who has any kind of eating issue, not necessarily fully blown anorexia/bulimia, but just an unhealthy relationship - depriving yourself/bingeing/eating in secret/not being truthful about what or how much you eat/not eating in public - it's all here, gentle understanding help which asks you to rethink the way you think about yourself, not just food.

Smart Sipper Drinker Water Bowl for Cats and Dogs Fun Colours 1.5 Litre
Smart Sipper Drinker Water Bowl for Cats and Dogs Fun Colours 1.5 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it, 17 Nov. 2010
My cats love it - and it has reduced the amount of water on the floor - they often used to stand in the water bowl or kick it over when they were playing.

Easy to clean, durable - good buy.

Page: 1 | 2