Profile for mr david cairns > Reviews

Content by mr david cairns

mr david cairns "wesnut" (kennoway, fife Great Britain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Segreti Dal Passato
Segreti Dal Passato
Dvd ~ wes studi
Offered by Boemiurgo

4.0 out of 5 stars A great wee sleeper., 2 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Segreti Dal Passato (Blu-ray)
I took a chance on this blu-ray because of the Actors,Adam Beach/Wes Studi AND Bradley Cooper,I,m glad I took the chance,this is a very good wee thriller/mystery about the treatment of American Indian children by the "state/religious order",and it,s TRUE.
A wee mention of Georgina Lightning,she Directed/Produced and starred in this wee gem of a movie,and going by this Film she most definitely has a FUTURE,the Film also stars Tantoo Cardinal,she is a CLASS ACT!!!!!
Just now,on amazon marketplace,this Film is going for a very fair price,a MUST-BUY,at this price,by the way,the picture quality of this blu-ray is very good!!!!!

nessuna pieta' per ulzana (blu ray) BluRay Italian Import
nessuna pieta' per ulzana (blu ray) BluRay Italian Import
Offered by RAREWAVES

5.0 out of 5 stars a follow up., 29 July 2016
A follow up to my previous review,
I was wrong with my instructions,it,s an age thing,anyway,here is the correct procedure,when the menu appears,go to the third category down,press for english audio,then return to main menu,go again to the third category and press for no subtitles,then back to main menu and press play,you will have english audio with no subtitles.
It,s well worth the "hassle",Ulzana,s Raid on blu-ray is excellent picture quality,a huge jump from the dvd,a MUST-BUY!!!!!!!
Sorry for the wrong instructions on the first review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2016 12:33 AM BST

She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Dvd ~ John Agar, Joanne Dru, Ben Johnson, Victor McLaglen John Wayne
Offered by Den's DVDs

5.0 out of 5 stars reference level, 10 July 2016
This review is from: She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (Blu-ray)
I never thought I,d be saying this,She Wore A Yellow Ribbon blu-ray is up alongside The Searchers blu-ray, SWAYR is reference level,it is crystal clear and the sound is excellent,a truly top class transfer and a brilliant example of the blu-ray format,a must-MUST BUY!!!!!!
I,m not giving a review of the Film,it,s a CLASSIC,it,s maybe the Film of my generation,"boomers",we all grew up watching Nathan Brittles.
Full praise to the people who gave us SWAYR on blu-ray,remember it,s 67 years old,this blu-ray picture/sound quality is STUNNING!!!!!!!!
D.Cairns,Scotland.
ps,WHEN are we going to get Sergeant Rutledge/Wagonmaster/3 Godfathers on blu-ray?????
I,ll throw in Ulzana,s Raid too.

Spotlight [Region 1]
Spotlight [Region 1]

5.0 out of 5 stars a worthy winner, 5 July 2016
This review is from: Spotlight [Region 1] (Blu-ray)
Excellent film,great cast and top class acting,and,even though I wanted The Revenant to win the Best Film Oscar I have no complaints whatsoever with Spotlight winning Best Film,a more than worthy winner.
This blu-ray is excellent picture/sound quality,a must-buy,and,it,s region free.I bought this on amazon marketplace,from tunesonline,EXCELLENT Customer Service.
Thanks,
D.Cairns.Scotland.

The Revenant [Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy] [2016]
The Revenant [Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy] [2016]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

5.0 out of 5 stars reference blu-ray, 4 May 2016
I,ve just finished watching The Revenant blu-ray,US import,I,m not giving a review of the Film,this review is for the blu-ray version,whoooaagghh,what can I say,this is reference quality,picture and sound is STUNNING,this is up there with anything,aye,even Zulu/How the West Was Won/The Searchers,a joy to behold,a MUST-BUY!!!!!!
The Film itself,well I thought it was BRILLIANT,but that,s only my opinion,this blu-ray is amazing!!!!!!,by the way,the US import is region free,which means it will play on our blu-ray players over here,I dont know why this region nonsense is still with us,all blu-ray films should be region free!!!!!
Lastly,I,ve read a number of reviews of The Revenant 4K UHD,every one of them praises the picture/sound quality and say that this picture/sound quality is better than the blu-ray version,I can only IMAGINE what that means,the mind boggles at the thought of anything better than this blu-ray.
I bought this blu-ray from tunesonline,amazon marketplace,their customer service was EXCELLENT.

bad boys 2 (se 4k) BluRay Italian Import
bad boys 2 (se 4k) BluRay Italian Import
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular blu-ray, 24 Dec. 2015
I took a chance with this,it was just under 8 euros,amazon italy,jeez am I glad I took the chance!!!!!!!
Bad Boys 2 remastered in 4K,
Guys this blu-ray is spectacular,the picture/sound quality is outstanding,crystal clear,this is a must-buy for fans of this Film,and,a truly great advert for 4K!!!!!!
A very easy menu,English audio and removeable subtitles,go to amazon italy and buy this blu-ray,I paired Bad Boys 2 blu-ray with a four film blu-ray boxset of Leonardo Di Cappria,featuring,The Departed/Shutter Island/Blood Diamond/J Edgar,it came in at just over £15,including postage,that,s a BARGAIN.
Bad Boys 2 Blu-ray Special Edition 4K is Highly HIGHLY Recommended,and full praise to amazon italy for such fair pricing,and quick delivery.

Shane [Masters of Cinema] (Ltd. Edition Blu-ray) [1953]
Shane [Masters of Cinema] (Ltd. Edition Blu-ray) [1953]
Dvd ~ George Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Shane in WIDESCREEN, 4 Dec. 2015
Well Guys,
First off,this is not a review of the Film,it,s a Classic,enough said!!!
This is a review of Shane blu-ray,Masters of Cinema,disc one has the normal 1.37.1 aspect ratio,fullscreen,disc two has the original theatrical presentation 1.66.1 aspect ratio,widescreen,aye,WIDESCREEN,I never knew Shane had been made in widescreen,it,s a joy to behold,FULL PRAISE to Masters of Cinema for this blu-ray transfer,A+++++,THIS IS A NO-BRAINER,A MUST-BUY,AND AT THE PRICE OF JUST OVER £12 ,A BARGAIN TOO,HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!
D.Cairns,Scotland.
ps,the usual great Customer Service from amazon uk.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2017 11:01 AM BST

Spartacus 55th Anniversary 2015 - UK Exclusive 4K Edition Limited Edition Steelbook Limited to 1000 Copies & Includes UltraViolet Copy Blu-ray

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Picture/Sound quality!!!!, 13 Nov. 2015
This is not a review of this Steelbook,I recently bought Spartacus blu-ray restored version 55th anniversary from America so if this is the 55th anniversary restored version well it,s a MUST-BUY for every fan of this Classic film.
I have Spartacus on vhs widescreen,Criterion dvd,blu-ray,blu-ray digibook and now the 55th Anniversary,the picture quality is OUTSTANDING,Sound too,full praise for everybody who,s connected to this transfer,this is what blu-ray is all about,with all the other versions there was "a red look/feel",not this 55th Anniversary,this is REAL,I cant praise this enough,Spartacus blu-ray 55th Anniversary 2015 Restored Version is simply SPECTACULAR,HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!
Just maybe I,ll give myself a Xmas treat and buy this Steelbook,by the way,the American blu-ray is Region Free,loads of extras,and Kirk Douglas being interviewed at the age of 98!!!!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2016 7:12 PM BST

The Naked Prey (1965) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD)
The Naked Prey (1965) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD)
Dvd ~ Cornel Wilde
Offered by bestmediagroup

5.0 out of 5 stars a virtually unknown classic., 27 Oct. 2015
I totally agree with Mr Williamson,s eloquent review of The Naked Prey blu-ray,I also have the Criterion version on dvd,it is very good picture quality for it,s time,but this blu-ray transfer is a joy to behold,sharp as a tack,most of this transfer is really beautiful,only the wildlife scenes are "grainy" but it doesn,t detract from the overall beauty of this blu-ray transfer.
As for the film itself,I still find it surprising that not a lot of people know about this gem of a film,it was well before it,s time,I seen it in the late 60,s for the first time,and was engrossed,really brutal at times considering it was made in 1965,it most definitely stands the test of time,a MUST-BUY!!!!
I was very fortunate to buy this blu-ray at the pre-order price of £10.25,it actually went down eight pence just before I received it,The Naked Prey blu-ray is a CLASSIC,most definitely HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!and well done Mr Williamson,excellent review.

El tren
El tren
Dvd ~ Burt Lancaster
Offered by MovieRapid EU

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent blu-ray, 11 Aug. 2015
This review is from: El tren (Blu-ray)
I bought The Train blu-ray very recently,along with two other blu-rays,Run For Cover/Two Flags West,three blu-rays coming in at just under £20,including p&p,from amazon spain,a real bargain!!!!
I,ve reviewed the other two,so now for The Train blu-ray,excellent picture quality,great menu,English audio with removeable subtitles,all in all this is a GREAT blu-ray,HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!
D.Cairns.