Profile for ManiacFive > Reviews

Content by ManiacFive

ManiacFive

Page: 1 | 2
45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, Volador Macbook Air Charger Replacement with USB Port for Macbook 11" 13" A1436 A1465 A1466
Offered by Volador UK

5.0 out of 5 stars good purchase, normal operating temperature, usb port extremely convenient, 4 May 2017
Good charger. a temporary change of work schedule meant I needed to travel and take a laptop, my tablet would not do, and given their usual frailty I didn't want to keep bundling up the original Apple one I use at home into my bag. I've been using this charger daily for 14 days now, plugged in constantly when in use. it has neither gotten too hot, nor blown up my MacBook. My phone is being charged from it is as well with no issues.

Yes, i've only been using it for a fortnight, but if this gives up the ghost in 6 months I'd happily buy another one given its price and my experience so far.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Terra Hiker Ultra-Light Sleeping Bag for Traveling Camping Hiking (Orange)
Terra Hiker Ultra-Light Sleeping Bag for Traveling Camping Hiking (Orange)
Offered by TerraHiker-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT three season. One season. Rubbish, 29 April 2017
Absolutely not 3 season.

The only accurte thing about the description is ultra light. Bag holds no shape whatsoever so the zip is difficult to do up if even slightly twisted.

Descriptions says 3 season.8 - 15. As it says three season I foolishly took this to be 8c to -15c.

No. It means 8c to 15c.

Thank God I bought a fleece liner at the same time otherwise I'd be frozen by now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2017 3:52 AM BST

Milestone Camping Fleece Sleeping Bag Liner - Black
Milestone Camping Fleece Sleeping Bag Liner - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fleecy, 29 April 2017
Brilliant . Saved my ass in a cold sleeping bag

iPhone 6s Battery Case [Apple MFi Certified] Anker Premium Extended Battery Case for iPhone 6 (2014) / iPhone 6s (2015) (4.7 inch) with 3100mAh Capacity / 130% Extra Battery (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice feel, unreliable., 31 Oct. 2016
The first Anker product I've ever had a bad experience with. While the case feels very nice, and isn't as bulky and ugly as some battery cases, it was very unreliable. It would stop charging randomly, escalating to the point that it would stop charging every few seconds. I returned the case for a refund. I did not order this model as a replacement.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2016 3:20 AM GMT

Pogu mini ice crampons - red medium UK7-10
Pogu mini ice crampons - red medium UK7-10

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small excursions on ice., 11 Mar. 2016
Brilliant slip ons. On a recent trip to Iceland these meant I was able to traverse behind the waterfall at Seljalandsfoss to take photos which would've been impossible otherwise, everything was covered in thick layers of ice. You can see the conditions in the photo. But these gave me a solid footing

The North Face Men's Denali Etip Gloves - TNF Black, Large
The North Face Men's Denali Etip Gloves - TNF Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than all others I've used., 26 Jan. 2016
Never used touchscreen gloves like these. They work so well. Bought for Iceland, don't know how warm they'll be in those temperatures but my hands were toasty climbing mountains in Wales in mid January. Great fit too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2016 11:43 AM BST

OS Explorer OL17 Snowdon & Conwy Valley (OS Explorer Map)
OS Explorer OL17 Snowdon & Conwy Valley (OS Explorer Map)
by Ordnance Survey
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Includes the digital app version. Fantastic!, 26 Jan. 2016
Standard OS quality. Perfect. But also includes download for the OS app! Great way for the OS to encourage the use of actual maps. (After all, actual maps never run out of power.)

LifeProof FRE POWER iPhone 6 ONLY (4.7" Version) Waterproof Battery Case, Retail Packaging, BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, extremely useful case., 26 Jan. 2016
Really pleased with this case. Bought to replace a Griffin Survivor Summit case. There was nothing wrong with it but wanted total water resistance rather than splash resistance.

Case stood up well to a mid January scramble up Glyder Fach in Wales, used extensively as GPS and my phone was constantly topped up.

My second lifeproof case, after one for my iPhone 5. Would definitely buy again.

Mens Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium Automatic Watch H70575733
Mens Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium Automatic Watch H70575733
Offered by Time line

5.0 out of 5 stars Stealth mode engaged., 15 Mar. 2015
Great watch. Keeps excellent time. Has not left my wrist for 13 days and gains only 9 seconds a day. Light and comfortable to wear, amazing lume lasts the whole night. Supplied strap was nice but I prefer a NATO style strap so swapped that out. I would certainly consider adding another Hamilton to my collection based on this.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great gloves but not for severe tempretures, 17 Feb. 2015
Ordered these from another supplier for a honeymoon to Sweden. When they arrived they are not thick gloves, -30... Not a chance. Worn in the UK for about a month. Easily stuffed into a pocket and lightweight and keep the cold off. However have now arrived in Sweden and it's surprisingly mild. -10 feel and these gloves have been fine combined with warm pockets. Taking my hands out of pockets to manipulate camera controls has been fine and my hands are cosy. Good gloves but don't expect water proofing or for really cold conditions. But they do make excellent mitten liners.

Page: 1 | 2