Profile for Four Violets > Reviews

Content by Four Violets
Top Reviewer Ranking: 935

Four Violets (Hertford UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philip's Navigator France: (Spiral binding)
Philip's Navigator France: (Spiral binding)

3.0 out of 5 stars A heavy tome on a large coiled red spine, 22 July 2017
There are 517 pages.
1-351 are maps of France, find the region you need by looking at the key opposite page 1. The scale is 3 miles to one inch.
352 to 424 is the index
There are town maps on pages 425 to 475
477 to 497 shows service areas on motorways.
The final pages are road maps of the rest of Europe. There are also various keys throughout.

I think the book would be fine if you were driving a long distance in France and wanted a general idea of which motorway to use. However the text is tiny and if you are on a crease, the massive red coiled binding would drive you nuts. Presumably this was done so it would lie flat.

Rapesco X5-25ps Stapler, Less Effort, 25 Sheet Capacity - Green
Rapesco X5-25ps Stapler, Less Effort, 25 Sheet Capacity - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a powerful punch in a sleek design, 22 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really smart looking stapler that came with a box of 5000 staples which are 6mm wide. The stapler itself is 12cms long - quite small, but it packs a powerful punch - you don't need to put this on a surface, it can just be held up while you punch - the staple seems to go in with absolutely no effort at all. I can well believe it staples 25 pieces of paper at once - it's very strong as well as being very attractive - you won't lose this one. This would be particularly useful for someone with weaker hands, my arthritic mother for example!

BulbBotz Despicable Me 3 Mel Minions Kids Night Light Alarm Clock with Characterised Sound | yellow/blue | plastic | 5.5 inches tall | LCD display | boy girl | official
Offered by ClicTime - Watches and Clocks

4.0 out of 5 stars For Minions fans, 22 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was pounced upon with glee by five year old Sam and his four year old cousin Betsy - they love Minions and apparently this character is called Mel. I did struggle a little to release the figure from the box, there are little plastic screws underneath that need to be turned. The rest of the set-up is self explanatory and I set the time and alarm without needing the instructions. The screen can be lit by a light that comes on with a button-press located under the unit, I found this very useful as some of the text on the screen is quite tiny and I couldn't make it out without the light. As for the alarm, Mel speaking and shrieking, activated by a button press at the front, it's incredibly irritating but made the kids shriek with laughter. The night light is activated by pressing down on the head, it only stays on for five minutes which I think is a drawback.
The unit should last if looked after with reasonable care, not if it's thrown around in a toy box!

Baby Grumpy Bear: Shaped Board Book 2 (Care Bears)
Baby Grumpy Bear: Shaped Board Book 2 (Care Bears)
by Care Bears
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars How to jolly your toddler out of the grumps!, 19 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very solid book about 7 1/2 inches x 5 inches, with seven quite indestructible pages. I can imagine a toddler having a good old harmless chew and would think it would suit any child as soon as they can sit up and grab at something. The rhymes tell the story of a grumpy baby bear who ends up feeling more cheerful, at first I thought the rhymes were a bit naff but actually if they were acted out with suitable voices and tones, I think they would make a child laugh, especially if they have heard it before and know what's coming.

Burt's Bees Skin Nourishment Gentle Foaming Cleanser, 141.9 ml
Burt's Bees Skin Nourishment Gentle Foaming Cleanser, 141.9 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Avoids any nasties in its ingredients, 19 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When dispensed the foam comes out very white and thick like a dense bubble bath foam. I found I needed a lot of it to make an impression on my make up, and it was not particularly effective around the eye area without a lot of product and determined wiping. I am not convinced by the idea of foam as a facial cleanser as it is supposed to be massaged in with hands and rinsed with water and I feel that cotton wool is better at working a cleansing product into the skin to lift off make up. The product is recommended for normal to combination skin. It doesn't dry the skin out or cause any irritation but personally I would probably not fall in love with it. However it's a make that is proud of not using any nasties.

Nailberry L'Oxygene Oxygenated Nail Lacquer, Pop My Berry, 15 ml
Nailberry L'Oxygene Oxygenated Nail Lacquer, Pop My Berry, 15 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - stunning and so easy to apply, 16 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always wondered how some people manage to achieve the most amazing smooth and professional looking cover with their nail varnish. Using Nailberry for the first time, I think I'm getting the idea, which is paying a bit more for excellent quality. I was amazed using this at the instant smooth glide and perfect cover. Amazing - what a difference. It's an added bonus to be aware of its benefits for nails and lack of nasties in ingredients.

Now Let's Dance
Now Let's Dance
by Karine Lambert

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to think some adventures might remain at the end of our days, 16 July 2017
This review is from: Now Let's Dance (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When Audrey Hepburn is whisked off on the back of a scooter in Roman Holiday (Special Edition) [DVD] [1953], we know it's an impossible fantasy escapade and she will return to her regal duties.
But "Maggie" in Now Let's Dance stays in the fantasy with Marcel, after a few easily surmountable hurdles that didn't threaten them for more than a few paragraphs (her curmudgeonly son), and is instantly planted into a new life with no house-moving traumas and no cross words. There is no mention of money issues - Marcel is supposed to be poorer than she but he still does the "whisking away." There's no flatulence or erectile dysfunction, just a hint of arthritis. We have a discreetly shadowy bedroom through a Vaseline smeared lens, followed by curtains gently moving in the breeze.
Only right at the end is there a hint of a shadow on the 88 year-old Maggie's mind.
In spite of this superficial frothiness it's a nice story easily read in a day, and we all need escapist fantasy, especially those of us also living a life without physical allure and wondering what excitement can possibly be left.

Herbal Essences White Strawberry and Mint Conditioner, 400 ml
Herbal Essences White Strawberry and Mint Conditioner, 400 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Instantly feels right on hair, 12 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was delighted with this. It's a very attractive looking container - a weighty 400ml. Whatever white strawberry and sweet mint are, it sounds lovely - and smells divine. As soon as it goes on the hair, the thick white cream does its stuff and you can tell in seconds this is a quality product which is going to get right into the hair and make it soft and tangle free - not like some conditioners which seem to slide off and you wonder why you bothered.
I'm not sure about the grammar or even the meaning of the statement on the bottle: "helps purify and protect against what your hair gets used to over time" but I can certainly agree it results in "soft, free flowing hair." And I'm glad it's "clean" too!
The ingredients are pH balanced - another bonus.

Garnier Olia Super Shine After Colour Hair Oil 150ml
Garnier Olia Super Shine After Colour Hair Oil 150ml

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm sticking with this hair oil, 12 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My hair washing routine is usually shampoo - condition - hair oil. I like to use an oil because I think it prevents the hair from drying out, and a good one gives shine. And this is certainly a good one! In the past I've used oils which make me look as if I've been out in the rain, or done nothing at all - but this one really delivers. I used two pumps, wondering if I was going to get a greasy look, but not at all - my hair was noticeably more shiny and the colour (dyed red) really shone through. I really like this product. It smells great and I have the satisfying feeling it's doing my hair a power of good.

Leifheit AirBoard Thermo Reflect "Butterflies" Replacement Ironing Board Cover, Blue, 140 x 45 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Creases just melt away, 9 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't really expect this to work or to see any difference in the ironing - but to my surprise, it was noticeable. I actually enjoy having my bedding, blouses etc crisply and neatly ironed - and this cover made everything look amazing, with far less effort than using my old cover.
Don't expect (like I did) there to actually be a clamp included - this is on your ironing board - or at least mine had one. The cloth is quite thick and it wasn't easy getting the clamp to close over it. The velcro strap is not much help.
I think it's important to get the right size - my board is only 36cm wide and I tested the XL which is 45cm wide - not idea but the drawstring helps.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20