Profile for NjMac > Reviews

Content by NjMac

NjMac (Helsinki, Finland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Google WIFI AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router (3-PACK)
Google WIFI AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router (3-PACK)
Offered by GSTRADE LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be doing the job nicely, 24 Jun. 2017
So far so good. Seems to be increasing the coverage across my house on 2 floors quite nicely. I still have an issue with my internet service at times but I think it's down to the router that came from my local service provider. It was very easy to set up with the google app (note that it's called google home, not google wifi, when you search for it)

Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it. same as mist other people., 24 Jun. 2017
Love it. I've lost my other one somewhere, somehow and part of me thinks it may still turn up down the back of a sofa or something. But anyway, I had no qualms about buying another one. I still read a lot on my iphone (kindle app) when I don't have my kindle with me, but it really does make a difference.

Executed (Extracted Trilogy Book 2)
Executed (Extracted Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for theoretical physicists, 13 Jun. 2017
Damn that was so good. Time travel without the mind bending theoretical physics, with plenty of violence and humour. Would Stephen Hawking like it? No, probably not. So if you're a theoretical physicist or maybe just have a stick up your butt and can't just enjoy a good yarn, then this isn't for you. However, if you like plenty of action, occasional sexy goings-on and a fast paced unpredictable story then you'll love it.
Of course this is all entirely pointless if you bought the first book, because you'll already know it's a great story and you're just hopping straight to the next volume.
If you haven't read the first book then what are you doing here? Go read the first one!

Phobia: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival Thriller (The Agora Virus Book 1)
Phobia: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival Thriller (The Agora Virus Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get excited, 8 Jun. 2017
I love apocalyptic fiction and tends to chew through a lot of books. Maybe this makes me overly critical? I thought the characters were well developed and the writing itself was good. I became quite frustrated by the characters though, and a few obviously stupid decisions that led to situations where it became difficult to engage with them.
Overall I wasn't overly excited by the story. It filled a few hours but I don't feel motivated to read the next one.

Bear - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume - Medium - 143cm - Age 7-9
Bear - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume - Medium - 143cm - Age 7-9

5.0 out of 5 stars adorable little bear suit., 31 May 2017
Really adorable bear suit. My son was very happy to have this for a school play.

The Undead Day Eleven (Book Eleven of The Undead Series)
The Undead Day Eleven (Book Eleven of The Undead Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story rushed, 7 April 2017
I really liked the story, as I did the rest of the series so far. Great characters and edge of the seat action as always. Shame the book comes across as a bit rushed. There are so many spelling and grammar mistakes it looks like it wasn't copy checked at all. Sometimes it detracts from the enjoyment of the book as you need to pause to figure out what a sentence means.
But anyway.. I'm off to start book 12 because this minor issue isn't enough to put me off :)

littleBits Base Kit
littleBits Base Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun and educational kit, 20 Feb. 2017
This review is from: LittleBits Electronics (Toy)
pricey but my 10 year old son really likes playing with the kit. Even at 10 he needs some encouragement and help to create something with card, wood, plastic etc. These components provide limited fun by themselves so really need to be used as the technology behind some kind of constructed "thing". Great educational value whilst being fun to use. The Littlebits website is great for ideas. I bought this with the cloud kit because the internet connectivity makes a big difference. Could really do with the bluetooth module too, but I will have to see if it's worth buying another expensive kit later.

littleBits CloudBit Starter Kit
littleBits CloudBit Starter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to set up. great for kids, 20 Feb. 2017
pricey but my 10 year old son really likes playing with the kit. Even at 10 he needs some encouragement and help to create something with card, wood, plastic etc. These components provide limited fun by themselves so really need to be used as the technology behind some kind of constructed "thing". Great educational value whilst being fun to use. The Littlebits website is great for ideas. Cloud module is very easy to set up. I bought this with the base kit and am glad I did because it would have limited uses without the extra components.

Samsung 750 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black
Samsung 750 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars works as expected, 20 Feb. 2017
works as expected. no dramas.

Thumbs Up UK Book Safe, English Dictionary Style
Thumbs Up UK Book Safe, English Dictionary Style

5.0 out of 5 stars good enough for a few small items, 20 Feb. 2017
it won't prevent a serious theft but it will keep prying little eyes away from things you don't want them to see (I was referring to children by the way and don't mean to cause offence to anyone who has especially small eyes). One thing to note is that you lose a chunk of storage space to the locking mechanism so really you won't get much in there. if in doubt order a larger version.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13