Profile for tc61 > Reviews

tc61 "TC"

Page: 1 | 2
Ravensburger Hot Wheels XXL100 Piece Puzzle
Ravensburger Hot Wheels XXL100 Piece Puzzle

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to see How Wheels is diversifying their products...., 7 Jan. 2013
if only they would make the fantastic products I played with in the late 60's! My sons today are forced to buy antique track and units to keep their interest going. this puzzle was fun for the kids though!

FIFA 12 (Wii)
FIFA 12 (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars My boys love it (and so do I), 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: FIFA 12 (Wii) (Video Game)
Had the day off today and found myself playing against my 8-year old for an hour and a half. Who cares if it is now a year out of date....fantastic fun.

Hot Wheels - Acceleracers: Ignition [DVD] [2005]
Hot Wheels - Acceleracers: Ignition [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Andrew Duncan
Offered by Todays Great Deal

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit aggressive for my little boys I bought it for...., 7 Jan. 2013
While it certainly grabbed my boys' attention, I found it very violent to start and the nasty feelings to start between the brothers made me uncomfortable. The reason I gave it still three stars was the fact that it was fantastic to see that Hot Wheels were grabbing the DVD craze and doing something....not sure it needs to be so "hyper" to be deemed successful by the producers.

Meadow Rhodium Plated Cute Green Frog Brooch
Meadow Rhodium Plated Cute Green Frog Brooch

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice broach but a bit small, 3 Jan. 2012
My wife found this
broach to be a touch small to her liking. Still, she thought it was quite attractive and fits in well with her collection of jewelled frogs.

FROG Trinket Box - Hidden Treasures with Necklace Gift
FROG Trinket Box - Hidden Treasures with Necklace Gift

5.0 out of 5 stars A frog with a little secret!, 3 Jan. 2012
My wife got this great gift from me (if I must say so) for Xmas. She loved the small frog to go with her collection of jewelled frogs but she was even more pleasantly surprised to see the frog necklace inside. She only hoped that the pendant was a touch larger but then it would not fit in the case I added. Good present!

Marcasite Frog Brooch (Antique Silver Tone)
Marcasite Frog Brooch (Antique Silver Tone)
Offered by Avalaya Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive reptile!, 3 Jan. 2012
Fantastic little broach that my son gave to my wife as a Xmas present. Pins on easily and has a nice sparkle to it. Just the right size.

The Sorrow and the Pity [DVD]
The Sorrow and the Pity [DVD]
Dvd ~ René de Chambrun
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Great subject...shame about the subtitles, 8 Jan. 2008
If you are a native English speaker with only a rudimentary knowledge of French as I have, you will struggle with this film. This version was made for English speakers as the subtitles are only when the French or Germans are speaking. But, for some reason, the subtitles drop off or malfunction about 25% of the time. This leaves a very frustrated viewer as entire subjects can be left hanging.
The subject matter is excellent though some of the interviews are a bit drawn out. Very artistic filming of those being interviewed which helps make the four hours interesting.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2014 10:01 PM GMT

The Life Of Oharu [DVD]
The Life Of Oharu [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kinuyo Tanaka
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***

3.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing but maybe too dated for some, 4 Dec. 2006
This review is from: The Life Of Oharu [DVD] (DVD)
We were constantly surprised by the turns and twists in this movie...certainly not a Hollywood film or ending! Give it a try!

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Very compelling for a non-fiction story, 20 Nov. 2006
My wife didn't know much about this story though I was pretty up to speed on what happened...it had a lot of impact on both of us. Greed can transform the human character into something we all fear and don't want to think is in any of us.

Highly recommended!

Good Night and Good Luck [DVD]
Good Night and Good Luck [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Strathairn
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Good luck..., 31 Oct. 2006
Good luck getting a lot out of this if you are not American and not familiar with the events of back then in the 50's. My wife struggled as a young European to grasp the situation's intensity while I found the movie enjoyable but only due to my knowledge of the circumstances. Otherwise, it was a somewhat drab movie which seemed longer than its 89 minutes. Good acting though!

Page: 1 | 2