Profile for mrsb2011 > Reviews

mrsb2011

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bleach Silver Shampoo 250ml
Bleach Silver Shampoo 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I have found around for removing yellow tones., 11 Jun. 2016
I always struggle with my blonde hair, after a while it seems to get very yellow and ends up turning one colour. I was recommend this by a hairdresser, who has has personally used this.

After using a couple of times I noticed a lot of the yellow had been removed, the longer I left it on, the brighter/whiter my hair went. You do have to be careful about the length of time you leave it on, as it can turn your hair purple, but it will wash out the following time.

This has been the best product I have found to remove the yellow from my hair, it also lasts a long time, you only need a small amount of it to let it work its magic. I will always be buying this now, I may also try the conditioner. My hair is soft and looks in good condition.

the body shop wild argan oil shower gel 250ml
the body shop wild argan oil shower gel 250ml
Offered by ThePamperLodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaves skin feeling silky smooth, 11 Jun. 2016
I got this as part of a set for a present, I don't normally go into the Body Shop as it always seems to be a over priced to me, so I was interested to see what some of their products are like.

I absolutely love this! When applied it makes your skin super silky and smooth, it also has a pleasant smell to it. The product has lasted me a long time too which is great.

I would purchase this myself once it has finished.

Smiffy's Medieval Queen Deluxe Costume (Small)
Smiffy's Medieval Queen Deluxe Costume (Small)
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 11 Jun. 2016
I needed a costume to wear to school as we were having a tudor day. I didn't expect too much for the price but I decided to give it a go. All I can say is wow! It is very good quality, and it is quite heavy. I am quite short and the dress was too long for me, I safety pinned the skirt up underneath the belt, which worked really well.

The slight negative I have is that the back of the dress is one panel and there is no decoration like there is on the front... although you can't have it all for the price!

There is a lot of material in the skirt and I managed to wear a dress hoop underneath it, I would say if you have a hoop available do wear it, it really enhances the dress.

When I wore it I had such great comments, and people couldn't believe how cheap it was. This is an absolute bargain, what has been added to my dressing up box. If you are unsure, take the chance with this one, you won't be disappointed.

Wildflower Bay: Part One
Wildflower Bay: Part One

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next part, 6 Jun. 2016
When I saw this was a freebie and a short story I couldn't wait to read it.

Many of you who follow my reviews will know that I enjoy serialisations as it means I can get into a story and really feel like a sense of achievement after reading it after a long day at work.

So far I am loving this series, we follow Isla, a top hair stylist, however she has had a bit of a sad past. Her mother pasted away when she was young. I really got into this story and I found it to be sad in places. I really felt for Isla and was rooting for her from early on. When she is called upon to look after her aunts salon in a remote part of Scotland, it doesn't thrill Isla as she remembers dull summers there as a child. However her options are limited and her dad keeps suggesting she goes, so she decides it can't be that bad and heads off there.

The only disappointing part to the story is the point where we leave it. Isla has only really arrived at the salon and starting to sort things out. I honestly have no idea where this novel is going to go, however it is written so well and flows easily that I cannot wait for the next installment. I think this is a very easy and quick book to read.

I am so pleased I decided to download and give this book a go, it has been the first of Racheal's books I have read, but it certainly won't be the last. I have one of her other books sitting waiting to be read and I am very impressed with this little delight so I will probably get to the novel soon.

I cannot wait for the next part of the story, if you haven't read this or downloaded this yeat, what are you waiting for? Grab yourself a copy!

The Moomin Colouring Book
The Moomin Colouring Book
by Macmillan Children's Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 2 Jun. 2016
When I was sent this book to review I couldn't wait, I remember The Moomins as a child and loved it. I especially loved it when I went to Finland and discovered they have a Moomin Land! - Anyway enough of that, lets get on with the review.

The paper is quite thick, although I haven't used sharpies on this as I am unsure whether it would be thick enough to stop the colour coming through. I have used pencils though and I was really impressed with the look of it.

The sleeve of the book is beautiful too with gold elements on it, although it is not a hardback it is really sturdy and strong.

I took this into school for the children to colour during some free time and they loved it, they are 6 and 7, the illustrations are perfect for them. They are not too detailed or difficult to follow, which was perfect for them.

I would like to thank the publisher for sending this in exchange for an honest review.

Not Working
Not Working
by Lisa Owens

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked the humour..., 31 May 2016
This review is from: Not Working (Hardcover)
I was not sure of what to make of the writing style of Not Working by Lisa Owens, written in vignette form it reads like a cross between diary entries or notes for a story, this did make parts of it seem unfinished at times but sticking with it does allow for it all to come together eventually.

I am not really a fan of this style of writing as I do find it a bit disjointed similar to Adrian Mole books although having said this I did enjoy the Adrian Mole diaries once I had adapted to this style. This is pretty much how I felt with Not Working, I did persevere but it was a struggle as I didn't read this in one sitting or over a few days so because of this the style was hard work to follow.

I liked the humour but felt I couldn't really relate to Claire who leaves her well paid job to 'find herself' and embarks on months of unemployment and strained relationships with her friends, her boyfriend and her parents. It all seems to go on forever and you feel the frustration of those around her which did in turn rub off on me reading the novel. It just seemed a bit pointless really and therefore I can only give this one 3 stars - sorry Lisa not for me.

I would like to thank the publisher for this in exchange for an honest review.

The Assistants
The Assistants

4.0 out of 5 stars A light hearted and easy read, 31 May 2016
This review is from: The Assistants (Kindle Edition)
Tina works as an assistant to Robert Barlow billionaire entrepreneur and has worked for him for 6 years. Like all assistants Tina does everything for her boss from squeezing lemons into his drinks to buying birthday presents for his wife and children when he forgets, she knows more about him than anyone even his wife and she is discrete and loyal. She is paid a pittance for always being at his beck and call and like all assistants she seems to be 'on duty' 24/7. She is overworked and underpaid with mounting debts, a shabby flat, nothing to look forward to and no friends or time to have a life of her own.

Through a mix up with a flight company and having to pay for Robert's tickets out of her own pocket as she has no company credit card, Tina is sent a cheque to reimburse her when the airline realise how important Robert is and having initially refused to give him a 'freebie' change their mind. Tina put her claim through to get her money back as soon as she had set up the flights and is paid by the company but when she receives the cheque from the airline she is tempted to keep it. She, like most of her assistant colleagues, has a student loan debt that takes a huge part of her salary each month and she fantasises how different her life would be if she could just pay it off. After all Robert pays more on lunch than she does on rent - where's the harm, it's not stealing after all.

She's not a thief and not a bad person but she longs for a better life and so succumbs to temptation and with a couple of clicks on her computer pays off her loan, it's as quick and easy as that, no one knows she's done it and she thinks she has got away with it until Emily Johnson assistant to the director of Travel and Entertainment and who signs off all related expenses for her boss calls her up to the 43rd floor and tells her she knows what Tina did.

From then on events spiral out of Tina's control and she is blackmailed into doing the same for Emily and it seems this is not going to end with her. Great read, funny in parts and good characters who all blend well together. Good pace to this novel, lots of twists and a good ending. Would be a perfect holiday book, a fun light hearted easy read.

Thoroughly enjoyed this book, has to be a well deserved 4 stars.

The Secrets of Happiness
The Secrets of Happiness
by Lucy Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars A heartwarming tale about two estranged stepsisters, 31 May 2016
For the beginning of the half term I was at a lost of what to read. This was sent to me a while ago and I hadn't got round to it, mainly because it seemed intimidating in size and I knew I wanted to be able to really devote some time to it. I decided to settle down with it and I am so glad I did.

I have previously read short stories by Lucy Diamond and have really enjoyed them, so I was hoping I would enjoy this just as much and I did.

Rachel and Becca are step sisters, they have never been the closest and Becca has not heard from Rachel in a long time. So when Becca is called one night from a 'friend' of Rachel's stating she has the children and Rachel has gone AWOL Becca jumps in t help out, hoping that she can perhaps rekindle her friendship with her sister along the way.

When Becca steps into Rachel's shoes she starts to discover that her sisters life isn't as perfect as it seems and she begins to wonder exactly where Rachel is. This is a completely different life to Becca's and she struggles to slip into Rachel initially, after a while she begins to realise she is enjoying the country lifestyle and it gets he questioning her own life.

This is a family drama book, where both sisters go on a journey to really find out who they are, the characters are well developed and even secondary characters have great story lines and are likable. I couldn't really say who my favourite character was in this book as they all have their own qualities that I enjoyed reading about.

The story was a little predictable, however I didn't mind this as I was rooting for a happy ending for all involved. Although the book is a monster - over 450 pages, it didn't seem like that to read. I managed to finish this in three sittings, it also didn't seem too long, just the right amount. It is a heartwarming tale that was an easy read. I enjoyed the element of mystery in the story along with the romance and 'finding yourself' aspect. I also felt it encourages you to look at your own life and if your stuck in a rut, remember the grass is not always greener...

I would recommend this as a great read for a holiday, or when you have time to really invest in the book. I also will be reading more novels by Lucy Diamond in the future.

Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black
Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, wouldn't be without it!, 30 May 2016
I got this for my birthday and have been using it daily for over a month now. This little piece of technology is brilliant! I originally had the fitbit app on my phone and loved it, so after getting a one and syncing it I realised how much I loved this even more!

It has really made me think about my step count each day and try to get the recommended amount in. I also love that each part of the app turns green once you have made the daily recommended amount. So far this has been very accurate, there have been occasions when I have looked at the tracker and am moving but it is not registering my steps. This I realise happens once the screen has been touched, the steps will soon catch up.

I have this attached to me all the time, minus showers. The battery lasts on average just over a week, which I think is really good. I also use it for sleep tracking - I didn't realise how much I tossed and turned until I started using this little device!

Since having this I don't know where I would be without it now. This has really encouraged me to become more active.

This has been the best birthday present I have had in a long while and would recommend this to anyone, even if you are not into fitness, this is a great way to get started, just by trying to walk a few more steps a day.

The Last Days of Summer
The Last Days of Summer

2.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately not for me, 30 May 2016
Unfortunately I have found this book very hard to read and review.

This sounded just like something I would love to read, it is a slow burner, mystery and told from the perspective of 4 characters.

Jasper has been in prison and after a decade is being released, his sister Lizzie has two kids and lives on the outskirts of the town of her family, in her families house. Lizzies feels it is her duty to support Jasper, he has no one else. He could however now be a danger to her daughters, she reminds herself he is in the brother she used to know.

I had quite a few issues with this book, the first was the pace, it was so slow, I understand why this was the case, to help build tension. However when you work full time and only have half an hour here and there to get into a book it needs to have good pace, something that I feel this book was lacking.

Another gripe of mine is the fact this book had no chapters in, the points of view jumped around and we were reading from different characters perspectives but there were no chapters to break it up. This again made it hard for me to only read a few pages here and there, I also found when I picked the book up again I had to reread what I had already read, as there was no marker and I couldn't remember where I had got to.

I really, really wanted to love this book, from the blurb it had me hooked but unfortunately it didn't deliver for me. It took me weeks to get only half way through the book, there were pockets within the novel that I was really interested in, but not enough to make me want to race through it.

The book did pick up in the last quarter of it, but for me it was too late, I had been bored, I couldn't connect with the characters and by then I wasn't bothered what happened.

This is not a book that I would recommend, unless you have a large amount of time to get into it initially. Perhaps I would have felt differently about the book if I had that time to begin with.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20