Profile for Tina Tuna > Reviews

Content by Tina Tuna

Tina Tuna "Tina" (Billericay)

Georgiana Darcy's Diary: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice continued (Pride and Prejudice Chronicles Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars This was a nice enough read, 27 April 2017
This was a nice enough read. Anna Elliott is no Jane Austen, but I don't think that she claims be. The story is a view of what a Pride and Predjudice sequel might have been like and, with that in mind, it was perfectly readable. The language was quite modern and the plot was too awkward for it to be believable.

The Two of Us
The Two of Us

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought that the plot was weak and it was all a bit boring. The characters were well rounded, 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Two of Us (Kindle Edition)
This book was OK. I thought that the plot was weak and it was all a bit boring. The characters were well rounded, but I didn't like any of them, especially Ivy. I found it very irratating in places and missed out big chunks that I couldn't be bothered to read. I wouldn't recommend it.

Lovestruck in London (Lovestruck Series, Book 1)
Lovestruck in London (Lovestruck Series, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a free kindle download and used up some time on a boring train journey, 22 Sept. 2014
This was an OK read. It was a free kindle download and used up some time on a boring train journey. The main characters are likeable, but I couldn't help feeling that the author must have a crush on Robert Pattinson!

I also got frustrated at the language mistakes - in England we would never describe Autumn as 'fall' or an aubergine as an 'egg plant'. Thomas also sounded too American to me, although it must be very hard for an American author to create a truly believable British character and vice versa.

Easy, hearted and cute.

Full House: Complete Eighth Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Full House: Complete Eighth Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

4.0 out of 5 stars Well received present!, 17 Aug. 2013
My daughter has been watching this show on a retro tv channel and loves it. She asked for this dvd for her birthday, but it was not easy to get hold of.

We found on ebay and was sent by a great third party seller - Elite Digital - really pleased.

This Time Next Door (Oakland Hills Book 2)
This Time Next Door (Oakland Hills Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 4 Jun. 2013
This book was a waste of money and I would not recommend it.
I thought that it was badly written and had a boring storyline!

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

2.0 out of 5 stars Fifty shades of tedium, 14 Jun. 2012
I am amazed at good reviews that this book has received!

It is basically a rude version of Twilight, without a charismatic leading man - Being rude with Edward would be a lot more appealing than with this control freak!

I ploughed through the book in the hope that it would improve at some point, but I was disappointed. I am not a literature snob, but the writing ranged from boring to dire! What woman refers to her nether regions as her 'sex'? and if my inner goddess performed as many circus tricks as Ana's did, I would have used the tie to throttle it!

I didn't find any of the characters likeable and don't care what happens in the other two books - I won't be reading them!

Intimate Friends
Intimate Friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and snappy, 10 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Intimate Friends (Kindle Edition)
I like Claire Mattew's style of writing, which is humorous and realistic.
Yes it's a short read and yes it is predictable, but for me that didn't detract from the novella.
A good read and Noah was adorable!

Deadly Sanctuary: A Kendall O'Dell Mystery (Kendall O'Dell Mystery series)
Deadly Sanctuary: A Kendall O'Dell Mystery (Kendall O'Dell Mystery series)

3.0 out of 5 stars A predictable read, 5 Oct. 2011
This book was OK. The setting was interesting, but the characters were all one dimensional. I guessed the ending very early on and only continued with the book to see if I was right.

This book hasn't made me want to read more from the author.

Out of Breath
Out of Breath
by Julie Myerson

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting Book, 23 May 2008
This review is from: Out of Breath (Hardcover)
This is the first Julie Myerson book that I have read and I really enjoyed it.

In the opening chapter it had the feel of a ghost story and although it wasn't one, it never really lost that ethereal quality. Seen through the eyes of a thirteen year old, the story was like that of a very dark fairytale, or the Famous Five gone wrong!

The characters were well rounded and very believable and again, the classic fairytale was evident in the form of the handsome hero, the naughty tinker bell and ever-ominous dark presence.

I didn't find the ending to be a let down and I wouldn't have wanted it to be any different, but it did make me go back and re-read some of it, in case I had missed something.

This book has made me keen to read to more of Julie Myerson's work and also to wish that I were thirteen again!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2008 8:56 PM BST