Profile for Mrs. Dianna M. Bell > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Dianna M....

Mrs. Dianna M. Bell (England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Faith in Practice. Catholic Doctrine and Life
The Faith in Practice. Catholic Doctrine and Life
by Hughes Fr. Philip

5.0 out of 5 stars The Faith In Practice, 12 Feb. 2014
This is a real opening of the meaning of Catholic Faith: not a book to be read from cover to cover, but to be read a little at a time and then thought about. My reaction has been of joy, deep and wonderful. It is a book I shall keep going returning to, to drink deep at the well of reason.

Sharpening with Waterstones: A Perfect Edge in 60 Seconds
Sharpening with Waterstones: A Perfect Edge in 60 Seconds
by Ian J. Kirby

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharpening with Waterstones, 5 Dec. 2013
A useful book. I would not be without it. These comments are from my husband, who works with wood as his hobby.

Violet Flame: To Heal Body, Mind and Soul (Pocket Guides to Practical Spirituality)
by Elizabeth Clare Prophet

3.0 out of 5 stars Violet Flame, 5 Dec. 2013
Yes, an interesting book but not one to go overboard about. I have given my copy away now that I have read it through

UHT Semi Skimmed Milk Portions (120 pots)
UHT Semi Skimmed Milk Portions (120 pots)
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars UHT Semi-skimmed Milk Portions, 5 Dec. 2013
An excellent stand-by product. Shame about the shelf life though as they were intended to be for emergencies! A useful product and no real complaints.

The Jeremy Stories, Jeremy, Jeremy and Hamlet, Jeremy at Crale
The Jeremy Stories, Jeremy, Jeremy and Hamlet, Jeremy at Crale
by Hugh Walpole

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jeremy Stories by Hugh Walpole, 5 Dec. 2013
I am so delighted with this book. Delivery was prompt and condition very good but to the stories: When I had read the very last word, I went back through the book, re-reading snippets because I did not want to have come to the end.
Hugh Walpole shows real insight into the human state; the feelings and dreams of young and old.
I long to see that book in libraries, public and school libraries, everywhere and on the shelves of bookstores everywhere so all the world can enjoy it.
Thank you Amazon, Thank you to the seller of the book, thank you to Sir Hugh Walpole in memory. I shall look for more of your books.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars not as described, 21 Jan. 2013
I put a AAA battery into my hug-lamp and it barely worked. After a 2 hour charge, I tried again. Fine. Yet the batteries are guaranteed fully charged with 12 month life!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2013 8:22 PM BST

Universal Battery Charger
Universal Battery Charger
Offered by PowerPlanet

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Tool, 21 Jan. 2013
This is a lovely design and clear indicator of when charging and when finished. Easy to fit the battery. Well pleased.

The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Knitting: Learn to Knit with More Than 30 Cool, Easy Patterns (Chicks with Sticks (Paperback))
by Nancy Queen

5.0 out of 5 stars Lefties Rejoice, 20 Feb. 2012
This book was recommended to me as I took up the challenge to learn to knit left-handed. I borrowed it from the library, found it just what I needed and ordered it from Amazon. It needs concentration and some searching to find the tips for 'lefties', but they are worth looking for. Illustrations clear, mighty choice of patterns, book could be easier to handle : I wish it would open out to lie flat - hard to hold the page open with knitting in hand! Yes, I would recommend the book to any one wanting to learn to knit, left or right-handed.

The Poems Of Francis Thompson. Collected Edition
The Poems Of Francis Thompson. Collected Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book to love, 4 April 2011
Not entirely sure what to expect, I was, and still am, delighted with this book. The poet was new to me and I find his work exciting and moving. The book is in excellent condition and arrived very promptly. I have written to the supplier to tell him of my delight and will certainly be back in the future. The book has pride of place on the top shelf of my bookcase.

Making Toys That Teach: With Step-by-step Instructions and Plans
Making Toys That Teach: With Step-by-step Instructions and Plans
by Les Neufeld

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Toys That Teach, 4 April 2011
An experienced woodcarver, my husband is delighted to find such a mine of new ideas for toys he can make for our great-grandchildren. He is pleased with the layout and appearance of the book; clarity of type and illustrations. The price was fair and delivery prompt. Thank you

Page: 1 | 2