Profile for Mrs T > Reviews

Content by Mrs T

Mrs T "Bookworm" (Nottinghamshire UK)

Holy Island: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries)
Holy Island: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries)
by LJ Ross

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Fast Paced Book, 10 Aug. 2017
Wow - this author is brilliant and has written several sequels to this first book. Make sure you start at the beginning though with this fantastic introduction to DCI Max Ryan and his colleagues. It is a very fast paced book which I found difficult to put down. It is set on Holy Island, Northumberland and if you haven't already been there you'll want to go and check it out when you've read this book. Keep up the good work LJ!

The Murder Road (Cooper and Fry)
The Murder Road (Cooper and Fry)
by Stephen Booth

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 July 2016
I'm sorry to give The Murder Road only three stars, especially because I have absolutely loved all Stephen Booths other books. I'm afraid this one hadn't gripped me by page 100 which is usually a time when I decide whether to continue reading or not. As I'd enjoyed all his others I persevered hoping it would improve. Unfortunately for me it didn't although I can see from other reviews that other people enjoyed it. I usually enjoy his description of the area Ben Cooper is working in but I think there was too much of that in this particular book and I found myself skirting over much of it. Regrettably I have to say that I found the plot weak and the ending was disappointing.

Stepping out of Midnight
Stepping out of Midnight
by Lee Brailsford

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - highly recommended, 11 Mar. 2016
This is a really fantastic book - it's very intriguing from the word go. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I can't wait to read his next one!

Man vs Ocean: A Toaster Salesman Who Sets Out to Swim the World's Deadliest Oceans and Change His Life For Ever
by Adam Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Inspirational Book!, 22 Feb. 2016
Wow - what a wonderful inspirational read. Adam Walker has demonstrated amazing determination in order to achieve his goals. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and can highly recommend it.

Sous Vide for the Home Cook
Sous Vide for the Home Cook
by Douglas Baldwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money!, 22 Mar. 2014
A great book for sous vide lovers - I learned such a lot from it. I would highly recommended this book.

Sous Vide Barbecue
Sous Vide Barbecue
by Mary Dan Eades

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Sous Vide Barbecue (Paperback)
The only reason I gave this one star was that there are some nice photo's in it. There were hardly any recipes on it at all and I was really disappointed. When I sent it back the company made me pay for the postage too!

Johnny English [DVD] [2003]
Johnny English [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 4 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Johnny English [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Rowan Atkinson is perfect for this role, in fact it must have been written with him in mind. We bought this to watch before we went to see the newly released Johnny English film and really thoroughly enjoyed it.

Why Men Don't Listen And Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What To Do About It
by Allan Pease

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read!, 4 Nov. 2011
I can highly recommend this book particularly if you're struggling to understand your 'other half'. My husband and I laughed out loud at some of the suggestions in there, they seemed to be very true. It also explains the reasons we can't always understand our partners in a very easy way!

Mind Control: How to Get Others to Do What You Want
Mind Control: How to Get Others to Do What You Want
by William Horton Psy D

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, 4 Nov. 2011
I have really enjoyed reading this book and I highly recommend it. I have learned a great deal about how the mind works!

Acti-Fry by Tefal AL800040  Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, White
Acti-Fry by Tefal AL800040 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 24 Nov. 2009
I bought an Actifry from Amazon in December 2008 and have thoroughly enjoyed using it. Unfortunately it broke down in October 2009 but Amazon have arranged for me to have a new replacement which I am delighted about. I cannot praise this product highly enough - I think everyone should have one. The chips are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside - and all that with just one tablespoon of oil. Marvellous!