Profile for Siwel > Reviews

Siwel

Music Of Satie
Music Of Satie

5.0 out of 5 stars Explore Satie with Loussier Trio, 7 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Music Of Satie (Audio CD)
I must agree with three previous reviewers.
You need a good player; Satie would have appreciated this interpretation; 5-star recommendation.
Dream, amble, walk and dance with Jacques, but do not shuffle the order of these tracks; especially keep Jacques own composition as the last as an encore tribute.
I feel that I have learnt so much more about Satie the "turn-of-the-century" composer thanks to Jacques.

Plays Debussy
Plays Debussy

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric Debussy, 5 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Plays Debussy (Audio CD)
I am listening to this CD as I write. Having spent most of December in hospital I have found Jacques Trio a great way to recover.
My greatest regret is that it took me so long to discover his work. Thanks, Amazon and your reviewers, for the recommendation
The CD notes written by Alyn Shipton help to make this CD a must to purchase! He quotes Jacques as saying that he admires and loves Debussy's music, and this certainly comes through. This trio do play like a single person; such a team group!