Profile for C. McG > Reviews

Content by C. McG

C. McG

MLT-D101s Black Laser Toner Cartridge Compatible For Samsung ML-2160 ML-2165W ML-2168 SCX-3400 SCX-3405 SCX-3405FW SCX-3405W SF-760P SF-760 Printer (pack of 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 3 Oct. 2016
Didn't last very long at all before fading appeared.

Samsung Chromebook XE303C12-A01UK 11.6-inch Laptop (2GB RAM, 16GB HDD)
Samsung Chromebook XE303C12-A01UK 11.6-inch Laptop (2GB RAM, 16GB HDD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit for the money, 8 Nov. 2012
I can't understand the people who rate this at 2 stars. It is clear that this is NOT a conventional laptop. Do some research before you buy it to make sure it is what you want. It's a great wee machine with the ease of use of an I-Pad but with extra functionality and a proper keyboard and mouse pad. I use it as our second computer at home. If I've got a simple task to do, like updating the household fiances sheet I'll happily do it on this machine, sat on the couch. If I needed to do an extensive task or play high res games I'd be on my top-spec desktop PC. The Chromebook is not and will never be a macbook or a dell. It is however, a fast, reliable system which allows me to do 95% of the stuff I can do on a "normal" laptop at a fraction of the price. Even though it's architecture is low spec it runs extremely fast due to it's cloud based nature. (I have a very poor internet connection at home and yet this hasn't had any impact on performance.) Google's range of applications such as Docs and Sheets are just very trimmed down versions of Word and Excel. For the majority of simple tasks they are adequate. The best thing about it is that you can't "break" it, viruses are impossible and it's constantly getting better as updates are loaded without you even realising! My wife loves the machine too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2013 11:51 AM BST