Profile for kdog > Reviews

eKit Clip Light for Kindle and eReaders - White
eKit Clip Light for Kindle and eReaders - White
Offered by Modern-Tech

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay., 27 May 2017
It's okay. Clips on well. Does not light the whole screen , only a small part. So I hold it and move it as I'm reading.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Why nearly £100 a bottle?, 14 Jan. 2017
Very economical shampoo. Lovely silky feel, doesn't dry out my skin. I choose not to wash my hair often and this shampoo doesn't encourage sebum production. Cleans hair with little product.
BUT... I bought the first large bottle for £30 ish and now the cheapest is £84! Going up to just under £200!! What is going on? Totally NOT buying at this price.

The Coalition: A Novel of Suspense (A Nick Lassiter-Skyler Thriller Book 2)
The Coalition: A Novel of Suspense (A Nick Lassiter-Skyler Thriller Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Started on the day Trump was voted President Elect!, 15 Nov. 2016
Quite good and what a coincidence to start reading, chosen by chance as well, on the day of the Trump result...
Moves quite fast, bit of Mills and Boon cheese with the male and female leads, Ken Patton and Jenifer Ogden (?). Great fun though, enjoyed the story. Amazing what love can cure - presumably 'Gomez' is no longer a psychopathic killing machine , thanks to the love of a good man - whom I thought might be an undercover agent...

Stain Remover (Rust)
Stain Remover (Rust)
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Orange spots on laundry- all hone., 17 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Stain Remover (Rust)
This saved my bedding! Strange orange spots randomly appeared on the bedding for my holiday let, I tried all sorts to remove it, my washing machine is only a year old, I regularly boil wash vinegar to clean it, I checked for metal bits - everything. I went on line and found this happens to many people, but all the advice still left me with orange marks which were proliferating, then one person suggested HG rust remover - 2 hours later, nothing- orange spots are all gone. Thank you person and especially thank you HG

Inglenook Waterloo Bucket & Shovel - Black
Inglenook Waterloo Bucket & Shovel - Black
Offered by Price Crunchers Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 7 Jan. 2016
Many comments about these buckets; are they too good to be true? Some said yes, others no.
I would say they are good for light use, if you have a small fire, possibly up to a 14" stove and don't use it for serious heating - more like recreational heating. They are smaller than buckets I have paid £45 for, so more trips to the bunker, they are flimsier as well, the shovel only lasted for a couple of weeks. Also good for weaker or older people who find a full bucket heavy.
They are worth the money, just don't expect them to last if you use a lot of coal daily.

Capturing the Mountains: The Lake District Through the Lens of the Abraham Brothers (Photography)
by Susan Steinberg

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 13 Nov. 2015
One Thousand pounds for this book? seriously?

Mirafit Pair of 50mm Olympic Weight Bar Clamp Collars - Black, Orange or Red
Mirafit Pair of 50mm Olympic Weight Bar Clamp Collars - Black, Orange or Red
Offered by SDE Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price and work, 24 Oct. 2015
I have only used these once so far. Stiff to open, but that must be as they are new. Gripped. Love the red as they can be seen on the black floor!
Held the weights in place, sooo much better than the springy clip things in the gym.

Vax U85-ACLG-B Air Cordless Lift Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Blue
Vax U85-ACLG-B Air Cordless Lift Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Blue
Offered by M H TECHNOLOGIES

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good cleaner, not lightweight., 24 Oct. 2015
Don't like it, sorry. It's cumbersome. It was a pain to put together when it arrived, the instructions for where to put the hose in full mode are the same as for when you lift it off, yet the hose goes in two different places. Typical Vax ( I have a carpet cleaner and the waste water box never fits back again easily after emptying, sometimes I can't get it to work at all), the parts don't clip in easily. The style is so 80's 'wow look at me with my amazing electrickery technology', what's wrong with lean and sleek,?
Suction in full mode:- I have to use the power boost on the carpet and the brushes on the hard floor. I unclipped it for stair cleaning - pants- holding my hand over the hose showed little suction, okay it stands by itself, just so long as you don't try to extend the hose, because it falls over. I gave up.
For something that is supposed to be lightweight, it's heavy. I'm fully capable of lifting 90kg, so not weak. I don't think an elderly person looking for a lightweight vacuum would like this, go for a small pull along one (my Miele is great and sucks up dirt!).
The light is fine.
Batteries charge up in 1 hour.
Cordless is good, but real suction would be fantastic.

Marilyn Brush Big Boar Paddle Brush
Marilyn Brush Big Boar Paddle Brush

3.0 out of 5 stars 100% bristle and 10% plastic spikes!, 19 Jun. 2015
The delivery was really slow - over 3 weeks, not good. The brush is not as expected, interestingly it is marked as 100% boar bristle, then they pop plastic pieces in each clump. It's a bit like a cup of tea with milk saying, 'we are 100% tea', oh and 20% milk and 90% water = 210% a bit like the losers on the Apprentice saying they will give 110% ! (next time...).
The handle also fell off, so I had to glue it back on.
I wanted the brush as I have not washed (except water) my hair for 6 months and thought it a good idea to brush out the sebum. It does work, I rinse the brush after use and my hair looks and feels pretty good ( I would say 2 day old hair). I'm not happy about the plastic, but think it is to compensate for the soft bristles. Some may find it very scratchy on a tender head. It was advertised as a good brush for thick hair, well this is due to the plastic sticks in the tufts, but as a Mason brush costs upwards of £100 I'm pretty well stuck with it, being too mean to upgrade.
I would expect the bristles not to be first cut (read this somewhere as a guide to good bristles) and don't know what the sharp bits of plastic are doing to my hair in relation to causing splitting. Am going to hairdresser soon and will take the brush and ask.

Who Was That Lady?: Book One: Gildo
Who Was That Lady?: Book One: Gildo

1.0 out of 5 stars mostly tedious, 24 Jan. 2015
A good story in places. Too much rambling for me. Gildo is frankly a total waste of space, when you get to know him. Before that happened I thought he seemed to be full of fun... Hey, how the ' truth' changes things. Never finished the book after the various 'beddings' in the family were revealed, pretty sad the lot of them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3