Profile for C. Varney > Reviews

Content by C. Varney

C. Varney (uk)

Insects Sticker Book (Usborne Nature Sticker Books) (Internet Linked Reference)
Insects Sticker Book (Usborne Nature Sticker Books) (Internet Linked Reference)
by Anthony Wootton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 29 Feb. 2012
As usual with Usborne, an excellent find. Very informative; the stickers have precise places to be stuck, which my daughter loves and a nice small size so good for taking out and about.

Frogs are Funny! Joke Book (Disney The Muppets)
Frogs are Funny! Joke Book (Disney The Muppets)
by Disney

1.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointing, 29 Feb. 2012
I bought this book for my 5 year old. In essence it is not a joke book but a script of a show with some jokes in it. The jokes are quite advanced and will need explaining to her and I intend to go through it and put an asterisk by each joke, as it is not clear where each one starts and ends, even for a fluent reader. I had anticipated that as the title suggested, this book would be one joke after another. If I had seen this book first in a shop, I would not have purchased it.

Bibetta Small UltraBib (Purple)
Bibetta Small UltraBib (Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fab, 3 Nov. 2010
I have used these bibs solidly for my children for the past 4 years and am only now replacing them as beginning to look a little tired. I just wash them out each evening and dry them on the radiator. They sit nicely on the children's neck and the girls love them. They fit nicely in my bag for going out and all their friends want one on when they come to tea. The small bib is plenty big enough for children up to 4. A must buy.

On the Go! (Just Like Me!)
On the Go! (Just Like Me!)
by Jess Stockham
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars On the go, Just like me, 7 April 2008
My 19 month daughter absoluteley loves this book and gets so excited when she stretches like bear as we open the flap on each page. A fantastic book for little ones. Don't be put off by the small amount of text. It makes it all the more exciting!