Profile for The Sheeple Slayer > Reviews

Content by The Sheeple Slayer

The Sheeple Slayer (Sheffield)

2X CREE Super Bright Can-Bus W5W / T-10 Sidelight Bulbs
2X CREE Super Bright Can-Bus W5W / T-10 Sidelight Bulbs
Offered by AJW Automotive

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made, 9 Jan. 2015
Took 2 days to arrive by standard post. At first sight I thought they would be too big in diameter to fit the tight aperture on a Golf Mk5, however they fit perfectly. They seem well made and superior to the SMD types I have used. The large LED is forward facing so puts out more light than SMD types with smaller LEDs. Not sure how hot they run but the metal case should dissipate the heat well. So far so good, but I will update this review later because in my experience LEDs often fail to live up to manufacturers' claims regarding longevity.

CNS 272 C5W LED Xenon Number Plate Bulbs
CNS 272 C5W LED Xenon Number Plate Bulbs

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! Give these a miss., 12 Nov. 2013
These LEDs work well for a very limited time. I fitted a pair in my Golf number plate lights and after less than 3 months both failed. When examined they were found to be charred and burnt. When I contacted the seller HIDS4YOU they said they give 60 days warranty and the 'long life span' in their product description is 'not mentioned' and 'compared to other cheap bulbs these have quite a long life span'. They also said the integral resistors fitted to prevent canbus errors consume power and cause the LEDs to 'slowly burn'.

Well, you can decide whether 90 days (or 60 days) can fairly be described as 'long life span', or slowly burning. I think not, but more disappointing is the fact that while they worked they worked well. I've now had a number of LEDs in various lights on my Golf, and these have been the most unreliable. In my experience there are better LEDs available on Amazon in terms of reliability and quality (and the sellers' customer support) for a similar price, so my advice would be to give these a miss.

For a few quid I didn't expect the Earth, but I did expect more than 3 months use before having to replace them with more reliable LEDs. I wish I could have given them 5*, but they don't even deserve a 1* rating.

(PACK OF 2) CANBUS ERROR FREE ULTRA WHITE 5050 SMD 5-LED W5W T10 501 194 168 CAR VEHICLE LIGHTS BULB -BY HYOeGlobal
Offered by CJAUTOS

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 3 Aug. 2013
These LEDs are great while they work. After less than 3 months mine failed and the CANBUS error avoidance resistor fell off, bringing up a fault. I will try alternative makes as when they do work they are very effective.

TomTom GO LIVE 1005 EU HDT M - 5 Inch Sat Nav with Europe Maps (45 countries) Plus 3 Years Free LIVE Services

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Excellent, 3 Aug. 2013
The live services are very good and surprisingly accurate in terms of forecast delays, etc. Its alternative routes have saved me many hours where I would have been stuck in traffic. The only slight niggle is that the speed camera alerts can be a bit hit and miss. Some cameras are not flagged up, where others are. If TomTom could reliably address this then I would rate it 5 stars and excellent. Nevertheless, I would still highly recommend this sat nav.

Premium Quality Qualtex YDK Motor For Dyson DC04 DC07 DC14 Vacuum Cleaners
Premium Quality Qualtex YDK Motor For Dyson DC04 DC07 DC14 Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by L.M Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Rescued my Dyson, 22 Jun. 2013
Really pleased with this motor. It took a bit of effort to strip the Dyson apart, but was worth the time. Fitting the motor has restored my Dyson back to full working order. As far as I can tell it is the same quality as the original item it replaced. Recommended.

DABHEES Canbus Number Plate Light LED Bulbs C5W (Pair of 6 SMD LED)
DABHEES Canbus Number Plate Light LED Bulbs C5W (Pair of 6 SMD LED)
Offered by Dabhees

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 29 Mar. 2013
I bought these to replace the conventional unreliable and darkened tungsten number plate bulbs on a Golf. They worked as soon as they were connected and there were no errors or CANBUS related messages. They are many times brighter than the tungsten bulbs they replaced and make a big improvement to the look of the car at night. I highly recommend them.

2x T10 501 W5W 5 SMD LED XENON WHITE HID NO ERROR FREE CANBUS SIDELIGHTS BULBS WILL FIT BMW 3-SERIES E46 (1998-2005)
Offered by Well-Goal

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd got these sooner., 29 Mar. 2013
These LEDs are surprisingly bright and make a big difference to the noticeable light from the sidelights. They worked as soon as they were connected and I expect them to last much longer than the usual tungsten bulbs they replaced. No CANBUS issues or error messages on a Golf - they work perfectly. Recommended.

UPDATE: two months after fitting I've found one of the LED segments is flashing/failing. I've ordered two more units as replacements and hope I just got a bad one last time as they are a big improvement over standard tungsten bulbs.

Kaavie Infrared Wireless Remote Control for Canon EOS 7D, 5D Mark II, 600D, 550D/Rebel T2i, 500D/Rebel T1i, 450D, 400D, 350D, 300D as RC-5/RC-6

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 29 Mar. 2013
Looks very similar to the Canon original, and works well once I'd worked out how to set my camera correctly. I am very pleased with this remote control.

Kingston Technology 8GB DDR3 1066MHz Apple Compatible Memory (for iMac units from 2009)

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play, 16 Dec. 2011
This memory kit was very easy to fit in my MacBook Pro and its performance improved immediately. All applications - both Mac and Windows - just run much quicker. This kit looks and feels excellent quality, which was very reassuring. I wish I'd done it sooner.

Parallels Desktop 5.0 English (Mac)
Parallels Desktop 5.0 English (Mac)

2.0 out of 5 stars Unstable with MS Office 2007 and Windows 7, 5 Mar. 2010
In December 2009 I bought Parallels Desktop 5.0 English (Mac) as it promised seamless operation of Windows and its applications on a Mac. I immediately experienced problems with stability of MS Office applications - Word and Outlook - and contacted Parallels throught their telephone helpline (in the US) and by email. Despite removing and reloading the program and implementing the Parallels support team's suggestions and updates, the instability with Word and Outlook remains. The crashes happen often, but not exclusively, when performing a spell check or find function in Word or Outlook. The last suggested 'fix' from the support team was to contact Windows. However, I have the same versions of Windows Ultimate 7 and MS Office 2007 working perfectly on my Dell desktop PC so believe the problem is with Parallels and not Windows or Office. The support team appears to lack knowledge of this product and seems extremely keen to close down the reported fault before a solution has been found. I believe Parallels 5 has been put on the market without first being fully tested and debugged to make it compatible with Windows Ultimate 7 and MS Office 2007. Working with Word and Outlook on my MacBook Pro with Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6 is frustrating and anything but seamless. On the plus side the other MS Office applications work OK. My advice would be to consider buying another Mac/Windows application, or wait until this one is fully debugged.