Profile for Katie > Reviews

The Heist [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Morgan Freeman
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Cringy rather than funny, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Heist [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I was very disappointed with this film. I bought it because of the actors, principally Morgan Freeman, and to be honest after forcing myself to sit through it could not believe that he had signed up for such a film.
It was lame, cringy and not funny rather than nuanced and refreshing. The only part I thought was authentic was right at the end when one of the actors wakes up to the beauty of his wife over the painting he was in 'love' with.
Others may have enjoyed it, but I found it embarrassing to watch and off to the charity shop it goes!

The Taking of Pelham 123 [DVD] [2010]
The Taking of Pelham 123 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ John Travolta
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother., 21 Oct. 2012
I found this film disappointing. I usually like Denzel Washington films, but found myself not drawn to any of the characters. The gallon of milk conversation made the ending rather obvious and to those who care there was an awful lot of swearing throughout which spoilt it for me aside from areas described by other reviewers. I may get the original film as the premise was really good, spoiled by the remake I think!

Last Chance Harvey [DVD]
Last Chance Harvey [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dustin Hoffman

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Last Chance Harvey [DVD] (DVD)
Beautifully moving acting by Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson. Not an action film, but very poignant and real, dealing with life issues in the middle years. Perhaps more appealing to women, but I would thoroughly recommend this for a rainy afternoon, along with a cup of tea and some chocolate! It has a good mix of a serious and emotional storyline told in a subtly humourous way, that emma Thompson accomplishes so well, with some very good supporting roles.

Inside Man [DVD]
Inside Man [DVD]
Dvd ~ Denzel Washington
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of swearing., 6 May 2010
This review is from: Inside Man [DVD] (DVD)
Just thought I would mention that there is an awful lot of swearing in this film. (Was it aimed at men?)I know not everyone would be concerned by this, but it did spoil it for me as I didn't think it added anything to the content. One word was particularly offensive and I have NEVER heard it mentioned in a film before, (thankfully). It was a shame as I thought the plot was a good idea and I would have enjoyed it alot more had the language been toned down.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Nintendo DS)
Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Nintendo DS)

3.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought Space Invaders., 6 May 2010
I found this game very repetitive and it didn't hold my interest really. Perhaps the graphics were a little to simple for my taste. Haven't played it much, but take into account the other good reviews as it's just my opinion after all and you might like it.

Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experience
Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experience
by Jeffrey Long

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as hoped., 6 May 2010
This wasn't quite what I was expecting. There was alot of information about near death experiences, however there were also a lot of statistics. I can see where someone of a scientific nature would want these facts, but I was hoping for more personal testimonies/experiences. I didn't learn anything new really, and found some of it a little hard going. I would however, recommend it to someone who has not read much about this subject, as you will learn alot.

Easy Virtue [DVD]
Easy Virtue [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Barnes
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!, 15 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Easy Virtue [DVD] (DVD)
I had this film inflicted on me during a recent transatlantic crossing. I thought it was soooo boring, and filled with cheap cliches. Not funny in the least. Attempts at humour were shallow and pathos missed the mark. I had no affection or sympathy with any of the characters and was extremely disappointed. Then I had to watch Mall Cop, which was actually more entertaining! Maybe it's just me, but I would not recommend this. I would rather do the ironing as well!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2010 8:42 PM BST

Forces Of Nature [DVD] [1999]
Forces Of Nature [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 1 Feb. 2008
Being a Sandra Bullock fan, I was looking forward to watching this dvd, but was very disappointed. It started off funny, but degenerated into farsical, over the top nonsense. Also, I was not impressed by some of the content (gay bar, lust issues) which I felt trivialised the subject matter. Whilst this dealt with what is no doubt an interesting subject, I felt the film was directed towards men, and the passion of the ending of the film was not matched by the silliness of the middle, and the humour of the beginning. I was waiting for it to end, as it did, fairly predictably. Wish I hadn't wasted my money.

Tamrac TA5691 Digital1 - Digital/Photo Bag, Front Accessory Pocket, Black
Tamrac TA5691 Digital1 - Digital/Photo Bag, Front Accessory Pocket, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little case, 5 Jan. 2006
I was worried this bag might be too big from others comments, however it is a very snug fit for my Samsung Digimax A4, although there it is a little long, but that's not a problem. I am very impressed with the quality of the case which feels very well made and high quality material. Check out the dimensions of this case and others by Tamrac and you can't go wrong! I highly recommend it.