Profile for A customer > Reviews

Content by A customer

A customer (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Lovestruck in London (Lovestruck Series, Book 1)
Lovestruck in London (Lovestruck Series, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars As an amateur writer myself I do like to be supportive of others but I found this ..., 15 Nov. 2014
As an amateur writer myself I do like to be supportive of others but I found this book unreadable. There is so little research done that she has English people calling autumn Fall and nearly every sentence had me cringing with the clunky composition. I'm sure it's probably a good story, at least the idea was nice.

Sunydeal New Laptop AC Adapter Power Supply Charger UK Mains Lead for Compaq Presario CQ50 CQ60 CQ61 CQ70 G60 G61 G70 [18.5V 3.5A 65W]
Offered by VIPowerall

5.0 out of 5 stars ... this for a few weeks now and it's been great. No, 15 Nov. 2014
I've been using this for a few weeks now and it's been great. No problems

Stainless Steel Colander 16inch | Colanders Sieves 405mm Kitchen Colander Catering Colander Large Colander | Food Water Drainer
Offered by Drinkstuff

5.0 out of 5 stars The holes are quite small so draining potatoes for 40 people takes a couple of minutes but it's very good, and comes up lovely i, 15 Nov. 2014
Well it's a colander so there's not much you can say about it. The holes are quite small so draining potatoes for 40 people takes a couple of minutes but it's very good, and comes up lovely in the dishwasher.

Dynamic CF001 Dynamix Stick Blender, 160 mm Length, 7", 4 L Capacity
Dynamic CF001 Dynamix Stick Blender, 160 mm Length, 7", 4 L Capacity
Offered by Nextday Catering Equipment Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars s been brilliant. I used one in the last place that ..., 15 Nov. 2014
We use this in a professional kitchen and so far it;s been brilliant. I used one in the last place that I worked and so already knew how good they are. Highly recommended!

The Guard [DVD]
The Guard [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brendan Gleeson
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertaining film, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Guard [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Very funny but not stupid and silly. Brendan Gleeson is brilliant and Mark Strong plays a great part.

Muro Wall Light White / Amber Glass
Muro Wall Light White / Amber Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 21 Aug. 2014
These are really lovely wall lights. Very subtle when they're not on and when they are they give a lovely soft lighting. You can also position the glass at different angles so that you get different shapes of light thrown onto your wall.
Very pretty.

The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book!, 4 Aug. 2014
I wasn't sure about this book when I bought it but now I think it's brilliant. With his explanation of the 'Computer,' 'Chimp' and 'Human' parts of our brains and how they interact he makes perfect sense of things that have confused and frustrated me for years.

He deals with many different areas of our lives and shows how by not understanding and containing the 'Chimp' part of our brains we make our own lives so much more difficult... and those of the people we interact with.

I've not quite got to the end of the book yet but it has already helped me to understand certain situations and to alleviate petty daily annoyances. I think it's absolutely brilliant.

Midnight Cowboy [DVD] [1969]
Midnight Cowboy [DVD] [1969]
Dvd ~ Dustin Hoffman
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars story telling at its best. It's a very funny, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Midnight Cowboy [DVD] [1969] (DVD)
This is a classic film and well worth watching, story telling at its best.
It's a very funny, touching but unsentimental portrayal of two men in very difficult circumstances becoming good friends. Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voigt are brilliant as always and I've watched this film many times over the years.

Pressed Mediterranean fruit and nut cake 200g
Pressed Mediterranean fruit and nut cake 200g
Offered by Delicioso - the Spanish Food Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 12 May 2014
We all loved this pressed fruit. it has a good chewy texture and a lovely flavour. Perfect on it's on or with cheese, preferably Spanish Manchega.

Meet Your Happy Chemicals: Dopamine, Endorphin, Oxytocin, Serotonin
Meet Your Happy Chemicals: Dopamine, Endorphin, Oxytocin, Serotonin

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing read, 29 April 2014
I bought this book because someone had mentioned about neural pathways and how we can open up new, more helpful connections in our brains, leading to more productive habits, and I was curious about the idea. Having googled about it I came across this book and I don't think I could have found a better one.
Breuning writes clearly, thoroughly, and very interestingly, about how and why our brains form these neural pathways in childhood, based on our experiences, and how many of them are not helpful to us as we get older. We develop bad habits that have a negative affect on our well being and happiness.
She then explains how we can, as adults, choose to build new pathways that help us be more who we want to be. As she says, it's about putting us in charge of our brains.
I was absolutely hooked and found the whole thing fascinating and very helpful. The key is repetition. If we keep repeating the new behaviours, or healthier beliefs that we want about ourselves, it forms new and eventually well-worn neural pathway and what we found difficult becomes easier and forms a new, positive, habit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7