Profile for D. King > Reviews

Content by D. King

D. King (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ideal Textiles, Plum Ribbed Lined Eyelet Curtains, Ready Made Ring Top Curtain Pairs, Machine Washable, 66" x 54"

3.0 out of 5 stars Light shines through flawed areas, 13 Feb. 2016
These are OK but light shines through in various areas where they must be flawed. Obviously this only shows when they're drawn & it's light outside, but I had hoped for better quality. Nice colour.

Check Red Cream Eyelet Ring Top Fully Lined Curtains (66" Wide x 54" Drop)
Check Red Cream Eyelet Ring Top Fully Lined Curtains (66" Wide x 54" Drop)
Offered by Tony's Textiles Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price but colour not accurate, 13 Feb. 2016
I already had these curtains in grey & was impressed with how smart they looked (after ironing). They don't block out a great deal of light, but neither are they the thinnest curtains. They hang well. I decided to buy another pair in red/burgundy & the photo made these look perfect - however, upon receipt I was disappointed to find that the "red" colour was more coral (see photo) & not what I wanted. I have returned these curtains by would buy the grey ones again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Drontal Plus Wormer for dogs
Drontal Plus Wormer for dogs
Offered by Black Cat Medicines

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog not fooled by the beef flavouring!, 12 Mar. 2015
My dog attempted to eat the half tablet I started her on (was giving her 1.5 tablets as she's almost 15kg) but ended up discarding it whole on the floor. I thought she might have eaten it as it was beef flavour, but no - I had to resort to the Vivitreats pill pockets. They couldn't cope with a whole tablet though, only halves, but they are a godsend for fussy dogs!

Presumably she will be/will stay worm and tick free now!

Pifco P49002 King Size Fitted Under Blanket with 3 Heat Settings, 2 x 60 W - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Recommended, 16 Oct. 2014
I didn't know that fitted electric blankets existed, only previously having been used to the ones that you had to tie to the bed. This is exactly like a fitted sheet and has generously sized side bits that under the mattress - it would be suitable for even very thick mattresses. It fits directly on top of the mattress and you can then put mattress protectors, sheet etc on top of the electric blanket.

There is a plug socket type attachment in the pillow area on each side, into which you plug the control switch. Each controls switch needs to be plugged into the mains. Each controller heats up one side of the blanket, and has 3 heat settings. In my case, I have only plugged the controller in on my side as my husband doesn't like a pre-warmed bed (although he may change his mind when we're in the depths of winter!). Therefore, my side is heated to my specification and his side remains totally unheated.

It heats up very quickly. If you put it on the highest setting (3) whilst you clean your teeth etc, it's very warm by the time you get into bed.

Pifco offer an extended 3 year guarantee (as opposed to the standard 1 year) if you register the product online, which I have done. It seems a good quality blanket and the fact that you can even machine wash it is an added bonus. A king sized one would need to be taken to a launderette I would imagine though, as I would worry that bundling it into a standard sized machine would damage the heating elements.

Arrived quickly and very quick to set up. A great price compared to other similar products. Highly recommended.

Cabin Fever: The sizzling secrets of a Virgin air hostess...
Cabin Fever: The sizzling secrets of a Virgin air hostess...

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't sizzle for me......., 8 July 2014
The author isn't the most talented writer and it was filled with quotations of people constantly using her name when speaking to her e.g. "You look well today Mandy", "That was a long day wasn't it Mandy?". The persistant use of her name really began to grate on me and made recounted conversations sound unnatural. Her experience of life as a cabin crew member was mildly interesting but unsurprisingly a lot of it was filled with stories of partying. She attempts to sound intelligent at one point by mentioning that they "discussed politics" but it doesn't really have the intended effect. I'm not quite sure who this book would appeal to - perhaps other cabin crew as they can probably relate to a lot of what she says, but then again, they already know what their lifestyle is like as they are living it! She mentions meeting Richard Branson and it appears as if her account has been edited so as not to imply that he might be lecherous or anything.... Unfortunately I don't recall any "sizzling secrets" being revealed as the title promised either. It was OK though - I managed to finish it, which is something!

Vivi Treats for dogs making medicines easy 30 treats
Vivi Treats for dogs making medicines easy 30 treats
Offered by Black Cat Medicines

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a Treat!, 8 July 2014
Great product to squidge tablets into in order to fool your dog into taking them. My Standard Schnauzer is highly skilled at detecting pills in anything and often manages to eat whatever food I've "disguised" it with and spits out the pill at the end. She is also very tentative about taking any unidentified "treat" and sniffs it suspiciously before delicately taking it into her mouth to investigate further. She needed to take Piriton tablets recently (twice per day) so I wasn't looking forward to ensuring she'd swallowed them. These Vivi Treats, whilst not cheap, made such easy work of it. They are a solid lump with you just mush the tablet into, ensuring it's totally covered, and because the treats are quite chewy she somehow managed to eat the lot without any spitting out. They even work with her larger worming tablets too, which I wasn't sure would be the case. I recommend giving them a go if you have a suspicious canine!

Reef Sandy Womens Sandals Flip Flops (UK 4 (US 6), Brown/Brown)
Reef Sandy Womens Sandals Flip Flops (UK 4 (US 6), Brown/Brown)

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - sizes come up small, 8 July 2014
I love Reef flip-fops as most of them have a supportive arch and they are comfortable to walk in right from the outset. I've even traipsed up and down the Vegas strip in mine, with no rubbing at all.
I usually buy mine in the states and get flip-flops in a size US 7. (I am a UK 3.5 and usually buy a UK 4 or EUR 37 in flip flops and trainers).

I was confused by the UK 4 (US 6) sizing of these on Amazon, knowing my existing Reef flip flops had a 7 marked in them. I wrongly chose to trust the UK 4 sizing part however as I never need a UK 5 in anything. My foot was slightly longer than the flip flop (not a good look!) so I have had to return these. Shame as it was a bargain price for the UK 4 size, but the price shot up for the UK 5.

Royal Canin Medium Adult 4 kg
Royal Canin Medium Adult 4 kg
Offered by Personalised Pet Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Food, 15 Nov. 2013
My Standard Schnauzer has been on this since the breeder gave me some with her puppy pack.

She is now 20 months old and in fantastic shape with a lovely glossy coat and no oiliness or other skin problem. Also, the waste she produces is minimal for a dog her size. Her teeth are perfect too, with no visible tartar.

This food is quite expensive but I feel it's worth it as I tried a couple of times to convert her to something a bit cheaper but she always seemed to suffer from terrible wind - and we suffered too!! anyway, I've managed to save quite a bit of money buying it on Amazon so I'm going to stick with Royal Canin.

simplehuman Slim Pedal Bin - 40 L, Black Plastic
simplehuman Slim Pedal Bin - 40 L, Black Plastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality & saves space - but hard to fit lid, 15 Aug. 2013
I bought this to fit alongside my fridge as it looked more space efficient than a traditional round bin. It fit perfectly despite needing to be a little way away from the wall so that the lid hinges had room to operate.

The bin comes fully assembled apart from the lid, which you need to attach. You thread a little metal rod into some central holes to enable the pedal part to work but the difficult part is knocking the hinges into place! You have to press some plastic bits onto each other & despite being fairly strong & extremely determined, I had to ask my husband to do it. He ended up straddling the bin in its normal upright position with the lid in the closed position. He whacked them into place with the heel of his hand.

Now up & running, I'm really pleased with it. The pedal opens the lid smoothly, and it then closes slowly & smoothly too. If you want the lid to stay open for a while, you just push it back slightly beyond 90 degrees and it stays open. Also handy is the pet safe closure option which is quick and easy to use.

The bin is very lightweight but has stayed in place on my laminate floor. It has wheels at the back which you can use to move the bin around if need be.

Feels good quality & has a 5 year warranty. If you look at the Simplehuman website, where you need to register your product, the customer service reviews with regard to replacement parts are second to none. All very reassuring.

Finally, the sticky labels on the bin peel off cleanly, without the irritation of bits of label backing being left behind - something that drives me mad!

Recommended.

Morphy Richards Turbosteam Iron with Diamond Soleplate - Purple
Morphy Richards Turbosteam Iron with Diamond Soleplate - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Short Lead But Fantastic for Reduced Price, 15 Aug. 2013
I bought this iron at a greatly discounted price, based on the previous reviews. I am so pleased with it - it does everything that my more expensive iron does and I think it actually irons even better. I have ironed jeans, t-shirts and shirts and was really impressed with the results.
It comes with a large water filling jug with a smaller spout part for filling the iron and a larger opening to put under the tap - simple idea but effective.
The only downside is that the power cord is a lot shorter than my other iron and caused me difficulty on occasions as I needed to be very close to the plug socket (but have a table in the way). If you have clear access to a plug socket (& it's the correct side for you), or use a short extension lead, then the lead shouldn't be an issue. An extremely good budget buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3