Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Night Watch: (Discworld Novel 29) (Discworld series)
Night Watch: (Discworld Novel 29) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Night Watch., 29 Jun. 2015
Once again another cracking novel from Terry Pratchett. His imagination just goes on and on. With this one it would help the reader to have read some of the others to understand some of the characters. Nevertheless it is a great novel.

Matt Monro: Around The World [DVD]
Matt Monro: Around The World [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Monro

5.0 out of 5 stars Around the World., 26 Jun. 2015
I bought this for my 87 year old mother and she tells me that it is fantastic. The quality of the image is what you might expect from the old TV broadcasts but the sound quality is pretty good.

Landscape Photographer of the Year: Collection 8
Landscape Photographer of the Year: Collection 8
by Charlie Waite

5.0 out of 5 stars Landscape Photographer of the Year., 26 Jun. 2015
These Landscape Photographer of the Year books are simply a joy to behold. The standard of the images is firs- class only and they provide inspiration to all photographers as well as just being great to browse through. They are simply stunning.

The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents: (Discworld Novel 28) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Educated Rodents., 13 Jun. 2015
Terry Pratchett had an amazing imagination and sometimes, having read the series of Discworld novels in order, I am surprised by him once again. It is written in the same light style but remains a compelling story. How he has managed to spin a good yarn from some rats, a cat and a boy is beyond me but I would recommend you read it.

RSPB Handbook of Garden Wildlife
RSPB Handbook of Garden Wildlife
by Peter Holden

5.0 out of 5 stars RSPB Handbook, 4 Jun. 2015
One of the problems with wildlife is that there are so many species I always end up struggling to identify things. This book is really handy to have as a source and it provides some basic information on each creature. The images and text are well printed and clear. The book is suitable for many different age groups or needs and is a handy size without being too small. In short it does what is says in the title and is pretty comprehensive. A well thought out book that deserves its 5-star rating.

Ex Machina [Blu-ray] [2015]
Ex Machina [Blu-ray] [2015]
Dvd ~ Domhnall Gleeson

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex Machina, 2 Jun. 2015
Okay the subject has been touched on in other films but this one is an absolute gem of a film. I buy films to be entertained and this one hits every button. It is not a flashy film with tons of CGI. Instead it is a totally absorbing and even tense film. The acting and storyline are great and the CGI that is used is first class and subtle. I bought it thinking it would be another okay film and I got quite a shock. It is so good that I will be watching it again. This is a first class film, so go out and buy it.

Into the Woods [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Into the Woods [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the Woods, 1 Jun. 2015
I buy films to be entertained and this film did just that. What more can you ask for. It is more of an adult take on fairy tales but adds a musical theme that enhances the whole production. It is a gentle romp through stories of old with a twist, or two, along the way. If you just want to put your feet up and have a chuckle or two during a quiet night in (or with friends) this will fit the bill. I thought it was a great film and I will be watching it again.

Thief Of Time: (Discworld Novel 26) (Discworld series)
Thief Of Time: (Discworld Novel 26) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thief of Time, 1 Jun. 2015
The Thief of Time really shows how profound the imagination of Terry Pratchett is. I have yet to dislike any of the Discworld novels and I look forward to the next one. In fact I download the next in the series as soon as I have completed reading the version I have. I suppose you either like these sorts of stories or not but I love them and I will be sad to end the series. Maybe I will just start them all over again. This is a cracking story and I would recommend it to anyone.

Extreme Close-Up Photography and Focus Stacking
Extreme Close-Up Photography and Focus Stacking
by Julian Cremona

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific close-up photography book, 12 May 2015
Extreme close-up photography is a real challenge for anyone starting out. I started with a macro lens but I soon realised that natural light was quite limiting with regard to speed and depth of field. Talking to others who take images of insects etc. you realise that this is a whole new field of photography that needs some consideration. I have purchased a few books on the subject but I think this is by far the most comprehensive. It is clearly set out and covers every type of situation that you can imaging. In short this is a terrific book and I doubt that you would need another one.

Automata [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2015]
Automata [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2015]
Dvd ~ Antonio Banderas

4.0 out of 5 stars Automata, 7 May 2015
This film will probably not get any Oscars but it is a very watchable film. The acting is good and the storyline interesting. Overall it is very entertaining, thought provoking and worth watching. Don't expect a load of action in it but it is a good film to put your feet up to and chill out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20