Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

The Imitation Game [Blu-ray]
The Imitation Game [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

5.0 out of 5 stars The Imitation Game, 28 Mar. 2015
I was tempted to watch this version of cracking the Enigma code because the pervious version was quite good. This new film is a strop up from the previous version and I can thoroughly recommend it. It is one of the best films I have seen this year. Absolutely first class and it works on numerous levels.

Jingo: (Discworld Novel 21) (Discworld series)
Jingo: (Discworld Novel 21) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jingo, 24 Mar. 2015
I find it impossible not to like these Discworld novels. They are light hearted, funny and great to read before going to sleep. They always put me in a rested state of mind no matter what the day has thrown at me. Great books.

Behringer MS40 Digital Monitor Speakers
Behringer MS40 Digital Monitor Speakers
Offered by DJStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Behringer MS40 speakers, 24 Mar. 2015
I use these speakers for the audio side of planetarium shows at schools. The dome holds 30 people and the sound quality and volume is brilliant for the confined space. The speakers produce a lot of base for their size (ideal for rocket engine sounds) and they also have a good high end sound that makes voice overs clear and distinct. They are perfect for what I want and they are relatively small in size. They also appear to be very well made and stand a few knocks. Overall good value for money. Don't expect to get the sound quality that you would get from such as B&W speakers but they do a good job overall.

Dying of The Light [Blu-ray]
Dying of The Light [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage

4.0 out of 5 stars Dying of the Light., 9 Mar. 2015
I got the impression that this was just 'another buck' film for Nicholas Cage. I like his films but the roles he is accepting of late are somewhat below his grade. I am still trying to work out why it was an 18 certificate because I have seen worse 12 and 15 certificate films. It is a film about an unfinished assignment that has to be done (really for revenge more than anything else). Overall it is well done and well acted but I would not want to watch it again. The storyline is a bit on the simple side for my taste.

The Last Continent: (Discworld Novel 22) (Discworld series)
The Last Continent: (Discworld Novel 22) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Continent, 9 Mar. 2015
It is very hard not to like a Discworld novel. They are all written in the same style and you get to know the characters as you go along through the series. I tend to read them before I go to sleep and they always leave me smiling and in a relaxed frame of mind.

Enlighten
Enlighten

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlighten, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Enlighten (Audio CD)
A really well put together album. I cannot think of anything to be critical about. it is just a very professional and slick album that is well worth listening to.

Argia
Argia
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Diabulus in Musica, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Argia (Audio CD)
This is a really great album. The whole package is just terrific. The music is dramatic and full of life with the growling kept to a minimum but in appropriate places. In short it has fast become one of my favourites. I cannot think of anything that I do not like about it. The vocals are outstanding.

Mastering the Nikon D810
Mastering the Nikon D810
by Darrell Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Mastering the Nikon D810 - a must have., 5 Mar. 2015
I realised how inadequate camera manuals were when I bought a Nikon D7100. I thought I would buy one of the Mastering the Nikon books to learn why certain settings were better than others, as opposed to just being told that they were available. Having read the book on the D7100 I immediately bought this book on the D810 when I bought that. This book takes you through the hundreds of settings on this professional camera (yes I did write hundreds). To be frank I do not know how you would ever understand the settings without a book of this nature, especially if you are new to these types of camera. The book is of a very high standard and easy to follow. If you have one of these cameras I would highly recommend that you get this book. It will change the way that you use the camera and give you a broader knowledge of what can be achieved with it.

Lee Filters Neutral Density ND1.2
Lee Filters Neutral Density ND1.2
Offered by TEAMWORK DIGITAL LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee 1.2 ND filter, 14 Feb. 2015
If you buy Lee filters you buy the Rolls Royce of filters. This one is not advertised generally by the company and it beats me why they don't. As far as I was concerned there was a gap between the 0.9 ND filter and the 6-stop version. This one fills the gap nicely and is made to their own unbeatable standard.

Music Of Light
Music Of Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Music of Light, 14 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Music Of Light (Audio CD)
I cannot find anything to complain about with this album. The vocals are terrific and the instrumental side is first class. They have their own sound and it is one that you want to listen to many times. A terrific job ladies, you should be proud of it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20