Profile for A. O'donnell > Reviews

Content by A. O'donnell

A. O'donnell "Juno" (Northern Ireland)

Palm Springs Folding Portable Camping / Party Table 6 Ft White
Palm Springs Folding Portable Camping / Party Table 6 Ft White
Offered by The Sports HQ

4.0 out of 5 stars customer service was excellent and I was in regular contact, 4 Jan. 2016
I bought 2 of these tables for entertaining over the Christmas and New Year period. As with comments from other reviewers, one table arrived damaged, and I also had difficulty with getting the legs to work. However, customer service was excellent and I was in regular contact. I opted for a partial refund rather than packaging the whole thing up again and sending it back. The tables were absolutely fine for my needs, and once covered with a cloth, the damage was not visible. Try to avoid seating people at the leg ends though - the tables are fairly light and we had a few spillages when human legs and table legs collided!

Deluxe Fashionable Cruella Deville White & Black Short Bob Wig
Deluxe Fashionable Cruella Deville White & Black Short Bob Wig

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov. 2015
This wig is great. Not as crazy as some of my previous Cruella wigs, but much easier to wear.

Long Red Gloves and Cigarette Holder Flapper Cruella DeVille 1920s Fancy Dress
Long Red Gloves and Cigarette Holder Flapper Cruella DeVille 1920s Fancy Dress
Offered by Ghurazi Trade Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. Arrives on time for Halloween, 23 Nov. 2015
Great. Arrives on time for Halloween, and the gloves did not slip down all evening. Cigarette holder was a finishing touch for my costume.

FUSION - Set of 12 High Quality Aluminium Multi coloured Crochet Hooks Needles - in sizes 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5, 5.5, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm and 8mm - comes with a handy organizer and a LIFETIME GUARANTEE :)
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

3.0 out of 5 stars pleased with the hooks and perfect for beginners, 1 Oct. 2014
There was no size 3 hook in the pack and 2 size 2.5mms. A bit inconvenient at the time, but I've got over it. A couple of the hooks feel a bit sticky, as if there is a slight sharpness to the finish. Again, I have adapted. Overall, pleased with the hooks and perfect for beginners.

Best In Show: 25 More Dogs to Knit
Best In Show: 25 More Dogs to Knit
by Sally Muir

4.0 out of 5 stars More sewing than knitting, 18 Mar. 2014
The Best in Show books are great fun. The knitting is a bit fiddly but fine when you get the hang of it. The "wrap and turn" used in this book is a major improvement on the PULT method used in the previous one. I would have preferred some diagrams as well as photographs, and a bit more detailed help with sewing up, which is not my strong point. I stuff and sew as I go, which works for me. Also, you don't have to go with the yarn recommendations. It would cost an absolute bomb if you did. I have been able to amend some of the patterns to get a better look (for breeds that I know well!).

KONG Jump'N Jack Dog Toy - Large, Red
KONG Jump'N Jack Dog Toy - Large, Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of a previous review!, 29 Feb. 2012
I had previously raved about this toy. My 5 year old Dalmatian loves it and has never damaged it (although we have lost quite a few!) My 1 year old Dalmatian chewed one of the prongs off in minutes, which I just didn't think was possible with Kongs. I'm buying another, but I'm locking it away from Chewy-boy!

KONG Jump'N Jack Dog Toy - Medium, Red
KONG Jump'N Jack Dog Toy - Medium, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 3 dogs prefer it!, 13 Sept. 2011
One got dragged out to sea, one was left behind in a field, and one simply disappeared. We are now on our 4th Jump n Jack and it is the absolute favourite toy of my 5 year old Dalmatian. She loves it and when we have lost them in the past, she moooches around until a new one arrives. Nothing else will do. My older dog keeps well clear as he knows he is in big trouble if he touches the Jump n Jack. Our new puppy has no such scruples and the tug-o-war games are a sight to behold. Small enough to fit in your pocket and sturdy enough for two large dogs to wrestle with, the Jump n Jack is a great toy. I can hurl it great distances outside and the unpredictability of its bounce (and my throwing technique) keep the dogs on their toes.

Good Showing: The New Exhibitor's Guide to Dog Showing and the Showring
Good Showing: The New Exhibitor's Guide to Dog Showing and the Showring
by Peggy Grayson

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine for me, hopeless for my dog, 11 July 2007
If I needed to know what not to wear in the showring, I would have gone to Trinnie and Suzannah. The book is useful on show ring etiquette and how to get involved in shows. The emphasis - as I should have realised from the title - is on the person showing the dog, and not the dog itself. What I really need to know is how to train my dog to stand, move, stop, show its teeth, hold its head up etc. etc. This book doesn't tell me.

Show Me!
Show Me!
by D.C. Cole

2.0 out of 5 stars Show me - please!, 11 July 2007
This review is from: Show Me! (Paperback)
I bought this book on the recommendation of the two reviewers. Can't say I agree with either of them. The book is ok on anecdotes from the American show scene, but poor on how to train your dog to be shown, which is what I need because there are no ringcraft classes anywhere near where I live. Very disappointing.

How to be Well-versed in Poetry
How to be Well-versed in Poetry
by E.O. Parrott

5.0 out of 5 stars Desert Island Books, 21 Mar. 2005
If you have any interest in poetry this book is invaluable. It's informative and often laugh-out-loud funny. It tells you things about poetic forms that, frankly, you'll never need to know, and hip hip hooray for that. (Anyone for a Ghazal? What about a Pantoum?)
If you are moderately interested in poetry, to the point of thinking maybe you could write it, this book is also invaluable. So, you're not Shakespeare. This book lets you have a go. It might help you make a really valuable life choice. One way or the other.
If you are seriously interested in poetry, buy this book. It could make you think again before releasing aimless meanderings on an unsupecting public.