Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for dirktherabbit > Reviews

Content by dirktherabbit

dirktherabbit (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
PUSH® Energy Pills - FREE DELIVERY - Proven Formula For Focused Energy, Mood, And Better Brain Function - Herbal Caffeine - L-Taurine - Guarana - Vitamin B12
Offered by S&S GesbR

2.0 out of 5 stars A can of red bull is more effective, 11 Jan. 2017
If you already have a high caffeine intake, like I do, then I doubt these pills will help very much. I've been taking two, the maximum dosage, and feel a minor uplift for perhaps an hour or two, perhaps similar to drinking a cup of coffee. In truth, the calories and sugar aside, a can of red bull is much more effective. My guess is that if you've not been exposed to energy stimulants and supplements this will work for you. But if that's the case you might as well just take the cheaper route of having an espresso.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2017 4:34 PM GMT

DenTek Temparin Filling Material Single Item
DenTek Temparin Filling Material Single Item

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, dissolves within a day, 17 Mar. 2016
Useless. Dissolves on contact with food. Or even drinks! You might as well put in a piece of gum, it will have exactly the same effect and is cheaper

iPhone 5C Case, TeckNet Grip Extreme Protective Cover With Shock-Absorption Bumper and Anti-Scratch Clear Back For Apple iPhone 5C
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, no frills choice, 11 Feb. 2016
Excellent, cheap and no frills choice. It fitted around my white iPhone 5c perfectly, to the extent that when looking you hardly noticed it was there. I haven't had the misfortune of dropping the phone yet, but certainly when it comes to scratches it will give you the basic protection you need.

AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 13.3-Inch Laptop / MacBook Air / MacBook Pro / MacBook Pro Retina Display Black

5.0 out of 5 stars or a smart shopper, depending on your perspective), 11 Feb. 2016
Does exactly what it says and protects your apple laptop, in my case a 13" Macbook Air, from scratches while in your bag. So long as you don't mind the Amazon Basics branding on it (announcing to the world that you are cheap, or a smart shopper, depending on your perspective), it's worth buying.

Honor 7 4G UK Dual SIM-Free Smartphone - Grey
Honor 7 4G UK Dual SIM-Free Smartphone - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars From a former iPhone user - this is a tremendous phone!, 11 Dec. 2015
*Summary* - This is an unbelievably good phone. Switching from an iPhone was much easier than I expected due to Huawei's EMUI version of Android. The phone is speedy, the camera is excellent, it looks good and the price is right!

*Longer version* Recently my ageing iPhone 5c was finally starting to outlive its usefulness with the battery draining to the extent that I was getting maximum 3-4 hours out of it. It was time for a change. But, I didn't want to spend £500-£600 in getting an unlocked iPhone 6 or 6s.

This is especially since I use my phone for the following: Email, Internet, Social media and in particular photos. All things that could be handled perfectly adequately by a cheaper Android model.

I started looking on Amazon and considered the Wiley Fox, Moto and latest Alcatel. However the reviews seemed to imply all were wanting in some way, especially in the camera quality in low light. Makes sense, if you are paying less than £200 for an unlocked phone there have to be compromises somewhere along the line.

I then considered raising my budget just a bit from £200 to £250. And spending just a bit more has definitely been worth it.

The phone itself looks great. No it's not an iPhone 6s, but so what. Like the latest iPhones though it has a finger print scanner, on the back rather than the front which to me makes more sense. I always now use this to open the phone.

The camera is 20mpx. I know megapixels aren't everything but I'm very pleased with the quality so far, and not just in bright day light.

The phone is speedy, there's no lag. I don't really play games on it or watch videos (I have an iPad Air for that) and it does everything I want. No complaints here.

From reading some of the reviews, I gather not everyone is a fan of Huawei's EMUI version of Android. I love it, as it's clearly modelled on iOS.

There's no app drawer some people say. No there's not, all your apps really are spread across the screen and you group them into folders much as you would on an iPhone, with four key apps at the bottom. You also pull the screen down to get a search bar exactly like with iOS. This made the transition for me extremely easy. The phone works in a way that I'm used to.

In summary, this is a great buy. For less than £250 you get an awful lot of value. If you are considering buying a budget phone, consider increasing your budget just a bit more and getting the Honor 7. You won't be getting a 'cheap' phone in exchange, you will have something that looks and feels like a device that costs twice as much.

Cubot X9 Unlocked Cell Phone 5.0 inch Octa Core MTK6592 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Android 4.4 (Gold)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a seriously good phone for the price, 17 April 2015
OK so Cubot doesn't have the same cachet as HTC, Samsung, Sony et al, but if you are willing to do without a "brand" phone you will get a great handset - and unlocked - for a ridiculously low price. The phone is fast, and the camera is pretty sharp though I haven't tested it out in low light conditions. It's also a lightweight device that doesn't feel cheap in your hands.

Two things that are worth bearing in mind. I do have to charge this phone every day, the battery life could be better. Also note that this is a 3G phone, it won't give you 4G access. However having just traded down from a 4G phone I have to say I didn't notice a huge amount of difference in speed, probably due to London's overloaded 4G networks.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my charger of choice after almost a year's use, 18 Mar. 2015
A really excellent charger which I've been using for a year now for my iPad Air and iPhone5s. It still works perfectly with very minor cosmetic wear and tear (due to being battered about in my bag). I now use this as the only charger I take when I go on long flights or on business trips for the following reasons:

1 - It's reasonably compact, it's not a brick that ends up weighing more than your actual devices
2 - It's got a decent amount of charge inside, certainly enough to power my iPhone up several times with a bit left over for my iPad
3 - iPhone charging is fast
4 - It looks good, as with other Anker products some thought has gone into the design

Anker is a Chinese company that at least in the UK only seems to sell on Amazon. I seriously recommend giving their range of products a look, they are well made and the price is pretty good too.

Pebble Steel Smartwatch - Matte Black
Pebble Steel Smartwatch - Matte Black
Offered by handingo

2.0 out of 5 stars Notifications too subtle compared to the original model, 17 Feb. 2015
I'm a Pebble owner of almost two years, and though the functionality of the original Kickstarter model and the Steel are largely the same, I thought it was time for an upgrade.

After three days I returned the Pebble Steel to Amazon and put my old Pebble back on my wrist, grateful I hadn't eBay-ed it. Here's why:

On my old original Pebble the vibrations were noticeable, I never missed anything. I also was able to reliably use the Vibrate alarm to get me up with a near 100% success rate.

Unfortunately on the Steel the vibrations are much more subtle. This is as I've since discovered a problem other Pebble Steel users have raised (Google it and you'll find various forum threads). While a really noticeable vibrate notification may not matter to everyone, it does to me. Really it's what makes the Pebble, without it it's largely useless to me, especially at night.

If you don't intend to use the alarm, and if you are more into the different apps in the Pebble ecosystem, then get the Steel. Otherwise the original is basically the same watch, just cheaper looking (and cheaper)

Crucial CT512M550SSD1 512GB M550 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
Crucial CT512M550SSD1 512GB M550 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive
Offered by Japan Direct delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Significant speed and performance improvement - money well spent, 3 Feb. 2015
I bought this for my Macbook Pro mid 2010 edition 17 inch, and had it installed as my main hard drive. I then bought the OWC Data Doubler so that the opitcal drive / DVD player could be removed, with my original hard drive installed as a spare.

That's £150 odd spent upgrading my Macbook Pro + £60 on another 4MB in RAM to bring it up to 8MB. However that's still money well spent.

I've now got a 1 TB machine, where I can load countless audio and video files onto my spare hard drive. Most importantly, what they say is true - having an SSD significantly improves speed and performance. My machine boots up in 30 secs and not two minutes, and I notice a real difference when opening up and motoring through apps.

Result - I can get another 1-2 years out of this Mac without buying a new one.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Adds a lot of weight to your iPad Air, 3 Feb. 2015
No doubt about it, it's a good keyboard - all ZAGG iPad keyboards are. However it significantly increases the weight of your iPad Air making it heavier than a macbook air. As a result, I returned it in favour of the Slim Book Case

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5