Profile for Phil Flynn > Reviews

Phil Flynn "Phil"

Manuscript A4 Calligraphy Practice Pad
Manuscript A4 Calligraphy Practice Pad

3.0 out of 5 stars It bleeds, 10 Dec. 2016
I am just trying to learn calligraphy and I wanted to quality paper to practise on and this seemed to fit the bill. Unfortunately I was disappointed.

The paper is good if you are using a fine nib, but it bleeds terribly if you use a large nib. Even to the point of the ink soaking through the paper to what's below.

Not exactly ideal for a beginner, but probably OK for someone more advanced.

CSX Walking 3D Pedometer Fitness Calorie Monitor, White
CSX Walking 3D Pedometer Fitness Calorie Monitor, White
Offered by CSX Direct | Aspire Desire

5.0 out of 5 stars ... have received my pedometer in quick time and am delighted with it, 18 Sept. 2014
I have received my pedometer in quick time and am delighted with it. It does everything I want and more.

I found the unit easy to set up and easy to use. It is in my pocket constantly. I have set myself a daily target of 10,000 steps.

I downloaded the book and am present doing the 30 day walking challenge. I recently had a heart scare and that was the catalyst to a lifestyle change. The first step of which was getting the pedometer so that I could monitor my activity.

BLACK GNAT MICRO DRY SIZE 18 - NF73/18
BLACK GNAT MICRO DRY SIZE 18 - NF73/18
Offered by Fishing Republic Company UK

5.0 out of 5 stars My go to fly, 28 Mar. 2014
I love the black gnat fly. When all else fails this is my go to fly. It may not catch specimen fish but it will catch 99 times out of a 100. If I was only allowed to take one fly with me on a fishing trip it would be the black gnat!

Airflo Poly Leader Trout Braided Loops Floating x3
Airflo Poly Leader Trout Braided Loops Floating x3
Offered by C A Anderson & Co Tackle & Guns

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 28 Mar. 2014
These arrived in quick time and look just the job. I haven't had cause to use them yet, but like to keep spares in my vest along with a bottle of super glue. I find these very easy to use and much simpler than tying the fly line to a tapered leader.

Nutley's 360-Cell Modiform Plug Tray (Pack of 2)
Nutley's 360-Cell Modiform Plug Tray (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 27 Mar. 2014
My wife and I are keen gardeners and were looking to grow leeks from seed. These trays were perfect for the job. When we have ordered plug plants in the past they have arrived in cells about the same size.

Also, with a tray with this number of modules we can plant up a whole packet of seeds in one go.

Official Groundspeak Geocaching Black Magnetic Nano Cache - Qty 3
Official Groundspeak Geocaching Black Magnetic Nano Cache - Qty 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job spot on, 10 Aug. 2012
Ordered this as we have just taken up geocaching and were keen to get some hides done. They arrived promptly and well wrapped. We've been out today and hidden them and they are just the job.

Magellan eXplorist GC
Magellan eXplorist GC

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Magellan eXplorist GC (Sports)
Only just taken up geocaching and this GPS was recommended by my sister who uses the same product out in Canada. Whilst we've not actually gotten out and used it in anger yet I have experimented with it at home and downloaded caches on to it and found it extremely user friendly. It is very much a plug and play piece of kit and appears to be a lot faster and more accurate than my old Garmin.

Betrayed
Betrayed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, THE new thriller writer, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Betrayed (Kindle Edition)
This book takes you to the dark side and back. It shows what despair can do to a rational person and what an iron resolve can accomplish. I was riveted with this book and disappointed when I had finished it as I just wanted to keep reading Mr Mccabe's work. I can't wait now for him to bring out further books.