Profile for Joanna Cooke > Reviews

Content by Joanna Cooke

Joanna Cooke

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
1/12th Scale Doll House Miniature Victorian Books x 13 - Jane Austen, Bronte Sisters etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It !, 10 Mar. 2017
Sweet ! This was my birthday present to myself, along with a teeny pair of horse head bookends, and it's on my miniatures shelf. Beautifully made and clear printing. Obviously, at the price, NOT an actual book - the description did make this clear, but I'd hate anyone to be disappointed because I hadn't made it clear also. If you're buying for a dolls' house, these are perfect either on a shelf or on a coffee table.

Champion Men's Pro Run 2 Fitness Shoes, Black, 8
Champion Men's Pro Run 2 Fitness Shoes, Black, 8

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money but......., 10 Mar. 2017
The back is a little rigid and rubbed the back of my son's ankle at first, necessitating two pairs of socks for thre first couple of weeks, but as he usually puts them on and off without properly unlacing them, they are now softer. However, for the price, they are a good quality shoe and when he leaves them on a bus in a week or so, I shall certainly buy them again.

We Need To Talk About Kevin (Serpent's Tail Classics)
We Need To Talk About Kevin (Serpent's Tail Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Don't Know..., 4 Dec. 2016
I am now entering my sixth decade and I'm aware that there's a lot of books I haven't yet read which I need to be getting on with. So why did I just read this for the fourth time? It isn't a great liking for Ms Shriver's writing: I rushed to read more of her work after I first read this one and stopped after two - not that they were bad, but I expected great, and they weren't that. I wouldn't say that I enjoyed 'Kevin', but I found the book remarkable and unique, and the feeling of profound unease with which it left me has never quite gone away.
Shriver raises questions about responsibility, about parenting and about good and evil, and makes the reader feel that there are answers, but we're just not getting them. So, I read the book every couple of years and I don't get any closer. Sometimes I identify with the mother, always I'm irritated by the father, never do I find the linchpin where disaster could have been averted.
At the first reading I was teaching disturbed/disturbing adolescents. Now I have a difficult teenage son. There has to be a linchpin - doesn't there?

JewelryWe Outdoor Cycling Skiing Black Seamless Skull Face Tube Mask Motorcycle Biker Snowboards
Offered by JewelryWe Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP AND CHEERFUL, 7 Oct. 2016
I bought this for my son, who has only worn it once and found it suitably creepy-looking but a bit warm, so he's saving it for the colder weather.

FOLDING DESIGNER DRAINER
FOLDING DESIGNER DRAINER

2.0 out of 5 stars THINK AGAIN, 7 Oct. 2016
It doesn't hold much washing up. Plates drop off the end : you have to start stacking from about an inch in. The bottom tray has no slope so the drain hole has to be pulled right out over the sink. It is therefore in the way and if I knock it the hole slips back and water runs under the tray onto the worksurface and then drips down th door and onto the floo (or my feet). I have a similar, cheaper rack and tray also purchased through Amazon, but it only comes in red, white and black . I bought this one becuse it is green, which is the only good point.
I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to stand it on a draining borad - in which case, why would you need a drip tray ? - and only wash up about five things at a time.

Michel Design Works Glass Soap Dish, Seashore
Michel Design Works Glass Soap Dish, Seashore
Offered by The Luxury Beauty Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERY HOME SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE, 7 Oct. 2016
Utterly beautiful. It took me WEEKS to decide, because all the designs are lovely. Also, as I found when I received it, the shape is seductive : it's really nice just to hold. I don't know how much time one can sanely spend holding a soap dish, but it's definitely worth a few !

Charles Addams Favorite Haunts
Charles Addams Favorite Haunts
by Charles Addams

5.0 out of 5 stars TIMELESS, 7 Oct. 2016
The best black humour. I've loved Addams since I was seven. My uncle showed the cartoons to me and I showed my son - now I'm laying in the volumes I haven't got so that they're here for the next generation.

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE BADGE BUTTON PIN SET (Size is 1inch/25mm diameter) HAMLET
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE BADGE BUTTON PIN SET (Size is 1inch/25mm diameter) HAMLET
Offered by Pin It On Badges

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU'RE BARD., 7 Oct. 2016
My son was just in a production of The Merchant, so he had a lovely souvenir at the end of the run.

Standard Food Can Tin Covers x3
Standard Food Can Tin Covers x3

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Sept. 2016
Stops the fridge smelling of dogfood.

Boy's I'm Not Sleeping I'm Just Recharging Pyjamas 11 to 16 Years Blue (15-16 Years)
Offered by ThePyjamaFactory

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Sept. 2016
He actually wears them, so, result.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3