Profile for Rj Thompson > Reviews

Content by Rj Thompson

Rj Thompson "R Thompson" (U.K.)

Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor 3.5" Colour LCD Display
Motorola MBP36S Digital Video Monitor 3.5" Colour LCD Display

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build lets down a good monitor., 7 Mar. 2017
I ignored many if the reviews that said this monitor was unusable after the chargering port became faulty. I however thought I would take extra care and would avoid this problem. However after less than a years use (it stayed in the box for the first 6 months as my daughter was sleeping our room) the charging port on my monitor is now faulty despite all our extra care and I am now forced into looking for a replacement. This must be a design fault due to the amount of people having the same problem and would put me off buying another Motorola product again. This is particularly frustrating as I did find the camera and mic to be very good.

The Alloy of Law: A Mistborn Novel
The Alloy of Law: A Mistborn Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Addition, 30 Jan. 2017
Fast paced welcome return to the Mistborn World. Likeable characters and interesting story. Cant wait to read the next one.

Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel Cleaner 1 Litre
Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel Cleaner 1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy British, excellent product!, 8 July 2016
Amazing product, extremely effective. The alloys on my car were a nightmare to clean with so many angled surfaces but this reduces time and effort massively. Have used twice on both cars and seems to be loads left so should last at least 6 months. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes.

Sworn in Steel (Tale of the Kin Book 2)
Sworn in Steel (Tale of the Kin Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Second Book, 27 Jun. 2014
Great characters and more of the same fast paced writing as the first book. Would highly recommend. Another great new fantasy series.

The Heresy Within (The Ties that Bind Book 1)
The Heresy Within (The Ties that Bind Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start to a trilogy, 9 April 2014
Dont let the fact that this book is self published or it's price put you off investing your time in this series. I read a lot and can honestly say this is better than a lot of published authors efforts. Good characters, interesting world and mythology and it is aimed at a more adult audience which is a refreshing change. Not just simply a copy of Abercrombie but certainly if you like the grittier realism of Abercrombies work you will enjoy this.

Three Mobile Broadband Ready to Go 3GB Preloaded Data Standard SIM for 3G Tablets
Offered by EBS Telecoms

1.0 out of 5 stars Massive Price Hike, 1 Jan. 2014
What happened?! Used to be £10 then was £12 now £20, I've an iPad 1 and have also used prepaid but with this price jump I'm going to look at a monthly contract and at least enjoy a new iPad.

Altec Lansing inMotion IMT702 Max - 30 Pin Connector - Black
Altec Lansing inMotion IMT702 Max - 30 Pin Connector - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything you could want, 5 Nov. 2010
Bought this to use in the kitchen and needed a good dock which had a radio and didn't get phone interference so I could use my iphone and not risk missing calls/texts.

Had it for a week and the sound is excellent, the radio picks up the stations well and of course no interference. Plus has the added advantage that you can take it on the move with the built in battery.

Can't think of another ipod dock that works with iphone, has a radio, good sound and portable all for under £100, excellent bit of kit.

Chronicles of the Black Company: The Black Company - Shadows Linger - The White Rose
by Glen Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, 11 May 2009
An excellent series that will keep you hooked from the start. There is little information on these books on the internet but if you like David Gemmell or Joe Abercrombie this is for you. I've just finsihed and I'm ordering the next series, Books of the South.

Braun Series 5 590cc Clean & Renew System Electric Rechargeable Male Foil Shaver
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shaver and the cleaning system is the icing, 15 Nov. 2008
I had been looking at a newer shaver for a while since my Phillishave coolskin hit the big 5 years and it was with some nervousness that I purchased this razor. Going in blind with seemingly no reviews on the internet I closed my eyes and hit buy. Well two weeks on I can say it's an excellent shaver. It cuts close and quickly with no irritation, even on my own skin which is quite dry. The best thing for me is the cleaning system which not only looks great but leaves the shaver spotless and with a zesty lemon smell. This saves a lot of time as I had to manual clean my Phillisave constantly and I was never able to get it clean enough for my satisfaction. This is a top razor and well worth the money, having all the features of the 7 series (which is currently £190!) minus the pulsating head which if some reviews are to be believed isn't worth too much!