Profile for L. Waddingham > Reviews

Content by L. Waddingham

L. Waddingham "*Lizzilion*" (Good Ol' England!)

Notes from the North Pole
Notes from the North Pole
by Emily Maguire

5.0 out of 5 stars Philosophical, honest and above all, enjoyable!, 4 Feb. 2017
I received this book as a gift, having read Emily Maguire's first book Start Over Again.
I have been a fan of Emily's music for some time now, owning all of her albums Stranger Place, Keep Walking, Believer, Bird Inside A Cage and look forward to the release of A Bit Of Blue (24.02.17).
The quality of her song writing and the subject matter always intrigue me. I felt an immediate connection with what I was hearing and an honesty that touched me. Emily suffers with Bipolar Disorder and I too have mental health problems but I have found through her music and now her books a sense of comfort. Start Over Again was, for me, a deep insight into a mind living with Bipolar...not always a comfortable read, but very truthful.
Notes From The North Pole, is a collection of poems, prose and song lyrics that convey the day to day living with mental illness. Now, if the assumption is that this book is full of woe and depressive writings, sure, it's there in parts but the truth is, it shows the roller-coaster ride of living with mental illness. There are some beautiful, thought provoking words that can lift you one moment and wrack you the next.
Emily Maguire is a brave warrior and has used her mental health in a positive way to reach out and connect with others. By sharing her deepest thoughts and take on life she has shown that all is not lost and that we can all pick ourselves up and "Start Over Again!"
A thoroughly enjoyable read and a book that can be picked up and put down as and when. It's my go to book when I feel the need! It is also a great
lyric book to accompany her music!

Plum® Stardust Trampoline and Enclosure
Plum® Stardust Trampoline and Enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Boing!!!!, 1 Nov. 2012
Purchased this trampoline for our two-year-old daughter. She absolutely loves it! It is an ideal size for a small garden. It appears to be well made and comes supplied with all the neccessary tools to erect it (unlike other makes). My husband took 45 mins to put it up (with help from our daughter!)
Very happy with the trampoline! A++++

LINDY BOP CLASSIC BLACK VINTAGE 1940's 1950's PINUP PENCIL WIGGLE DRESS
LINDY BOP CLASSIC BLACK VINTAGE 1940's 1950's PINUP PENCIL WIGGLE DRESS

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap dress, 25 April 2012
This dress is ok, but you get what you pay for ;)
Material is a lot thinner than expected and creases too easily, but if you want a cheap dress (or a few!!) this is the one to go for.
Quick shipping from this company.

Red Hot Rockabilly: 50 Hard Hitting Rockabilly Classics
Red Hot Rockabilly: 50 Hard Hitting Rockabilly Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Jan. 2012
An excellent compilation of some well known classics and some more obscure tracks. A great purchase, I will be purchasing more of this collection in the near future!

Coping with Diverticulitis
Coping with Diverticulitis
by Peter Cartwright

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 23 Mar. 2011
Purchased this book for my Mum who is a sufferer of Diverticulitis. She has told me that it is the best book she has read on the subject. Easy to read and very helpful for someone researching the condition.

Imperfectly Natural Baby and Toddler: How to be a green parent in today's busy world
by Janey Lee Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for mums!, 23 Jun. 2007
I love the way the author shares her thoughts & ideas with the reader. Unlike other reference books this is written in a sensitive & caring way.You are not bombarded with medical or scientific text.It is just from a mothers point of view & I really like that.There are so many tips in it that make real sense.I felt really inspired reading it & will make good use of the links at the back of the book.

The layout is really nice & the pictures throughout are beautiful.

I look forward to another book in the 'Imperfectly Natural' series.

Rock Goddess [VINYL]
Rock Goddess [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars mmmmmmmmm Nice., 11 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Rock Goddess [VINYL] (Audio CD)
The Goddesses at their best.
Raw rock 'n' roll

Our Own Way Of Rockin'
Our Own Way Of Rockin'
Offered by raucous-records

4.0 out of 5 stars Teddy Boy Rock 'n' Roll, 11 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Our Own Way Of Rockin' (Audio CD)
Good hard rockin' teddy boy rock 'n' roll,
just what you would expect from this fine band.
Crack a tin, put on ya creepers & rock the night away.

Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRING , COMFORTING ... GO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 15 May 2002
I first heard this album three months ago. I've played it a lot since & have yet to tire of it!
There are very few artists around at the moment that touch you the way Alanis does. She's always so honest & open within her lyrics. I have always found a lot of comfort in her songs in the past & U R S is no exception. Her style has altered, producing a softer, more polished delivery. As you listen you are aware of her emotional transparency. The anger that was there in her earlier stuff has been dispelled into wisdom & reflection. Alanis has always been an interesting artist to see perform ( manic head twirling a speciality!!)but with this new album her voice is beautiful. Most notably ; Flinch & That Particular Time. She truly touches your heart with her words. Make your own mind up...but I happen to think Alanis is a very clever lady!!! :)

Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, 3 Feb. 2002
This long awaited third album will not disappoint.
If you've been unsure about Alanis' previous stuff then try this one!
JLP is evident throughout but with twist of something new. A self assured sound & confidently produced by Alanis herself. This album will be a classic in it's own right. Each song has it's own unique combination ( unlike other albums that all sound the same). Most striking are the ballads 'That Particular Time' & 'Flinch'. Both beautifully written & performed.
I think we are witnessing a more mature Alanis, someone who has grown as a songwriter & who is able to show us that she can reinvent herself & produce an album that is a joy to own.
Well worth the wait!!!!! Thank u!