Profile for P. White > Reviews

Content by P. White

P. White (Cambridge, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NASA Saturn V Manual 2016 (Haynes Manuals)
NASA Saturn V Manual 2016 (Haynes Manuals)
by David Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely done. This is the best book on the ..., 10 Aug. 2016
Nicely done.
This is the best book on the Saturn V that I own or have read. The text and illustrations are superb and the level of detail very educational in an interesting way. Some of the component part images are astonishing, this truly was a work of art, shame we had to throw it away to use it!
If you have an interest in Apollo then this is a must buy.
Oh, and it IS rocket science.

Zoolander 2 [Blu-ray] [2016]
Zoolander 2 [Blu-ray] [2016]
Dvd ~ Ben Stiller

4.0 out of 5 stars I (male) really enjoyed this as did my female friend and we were ..., 26 July 2016
I (male) really enjoyed this as did my female friend and we were surprised to do so after all the bad reviews. It's exactly the same style of comedy as the first one, well acted, has imaginatiion and interest and I genuinely don't understand why so many people dislike it.

Rust Never Sleeps [Blu-ray] [2016] [Region Free]
Rust Never Sleeps [Blu-ray] [2016] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Neil Young & Crazy Horse

4.0 out of 5 stars ... audio which I greatly appreciate BUT I'm a bit disappointed that the packaging is not a standard plastic blu-ray ..., 4 July 2016
The actual disc is superb and has very high quality audio which I greatly appreciate BUT I'm a bit disappointed that the packaging is not a standard plastic blu-ray case but the cheapest cardboard CD type sleeve! Not good and that's the only reason that I knocked off one star.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2016 8:43 PM BST

Revolutionary New Sujeo Green Garlic Press with Stainless Steel Blades, Easily Slices and Dices, Will also do Fruit and Vegetables, Very Easy to Clean, Dishwasher Safe, Cuts Largest Pieces Yet Takes Little Space
Offered by SDL Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars The unit disassembles into about 10 pieces for easy cleaning and it's really well made, 1 July 2016
This device does exactly what it says it will. It dices, slices and grates garlic.
The unit disassembles into about 10 pieces for easy cleaning and it's really well made. Absolutely recommended,
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2016 7:01 AM BST

Ghostbusters [Blu-ray] [1984]
Ghostbusters [Blu-ray] [1984]
Dvd ~ Bill Murray

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Ultra HD (UHD) blu-ray version of this product and like many people state, 28 Jun. 2016
I'm reviewing the Ultra HD (UHD) blu-ray version of this product and like many people state, it's infuriating, Amazon, to have everything from VHS copies to many different DVD and blu-ray copies as well as this latest much superior offering all lumped under the same set of reviews. How is that meant to benefit the shopper OR the publisher?! It's just STUPID.
The UHD version is an obvious improvement on the (so called) Masterd In 4K blu-ray copy that I also own. The resolution is increased and the colour depth is greatly enhanced. The HDR is very obviously doing its thing and the contrast is very cinematic. There's an optional multi channel audio track too if you don't fancy the original. I'm very pleased with my purchase and we need more older titles on UHD please rather than the, occasionally, third rate recent titles coming out.

The Doors ~ Feast Of Friends (BLU-RAY) (REGION B)
The Doors ~ Feast Of Friends (BLU-RAY) (REGION B)
Offered by SmokeCDs

5.0 out of 5 stars There are more extras too so overall this is a good purchase., 26 Jun. 2016
Whilst the main feature is quite short, about 40 minutes, it's interesting (a much delayed Doors produced project) AND one of the extras is the entire Granada documentary: 'The Doors are Open' which if anything is even more interesting. There are more extras too so overall this is a good purchase.

NASA Gemini Owners' Workshop Manual: 1965 - 1966 (All Missions, All Models)
NASA Gemini Owners' Workshop Manual: 1965 - 1966 (All Missions, All Models)
by David Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a nicely presented and very technical (in a good way) guide ..., 26 Jun. 2016
This is a nicely presented and very technical (in a good way) guide to the Gemini spacecraft and the Atlas and Titan boosters plus ancillary equipment like suits and the Agena system. Recommended.

Jewellers Jewellery and Watchmakers Handling White Cotton Micro Dotes Sizes (9 - Large)
Offered by salesProoteq

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality and highly effective, 26 Jun. 2016
Very good quality and highly effective. I bought these to facilitate the fingerprint free installation of a new TV and they did the job perfectly. The grip surface really helps.

The Last Man on the Moon [Blu-ray]
The Last Man on the Moon [Blu-ray]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Some of the reviews have been less than positive and that delayed my purchase for a while but eventually I dove in and I'm VERY, 26 Jun. 2016
I've read and seen most films, programmes and literature about the Apollo programme including the superb pack of photos and mission briefings that NASA sent me in 1975. I've also read Gene Cernan's book upon which this film is based so i was keen to obtain it. Some of the reviews have been less than positive and that delayed my purchase for a while but eventually I dove in and I'm VERY pleased that I did.
The film is excellent. Gene Cernan comes across as surprisingly humble and grounded (no pun intended). The presentation is effective, the clips used appropriate and the contributions from friends, family and colleagues are very human. I'd recommend this to anyone because it's a human story and one of the important ones but for a student of Apollo it is essential. Be prepared to feel sad when Gene visits pad 39A though ...

The Revenant [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy] [2016]
The Revenant [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy] [2016]
Dvd ~ Tom Hardy

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good film, well made, 12 Jun. 2016
Quite a good film, well made, very well acted but for me, ruined by the constant usage of excessive lens flare. Someone needs to send the cinematographer back to basic camera operation class!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20