Profile for george1 > Reviews

Content by george1

george1 "george1" (UK)

Battles Greenhouse Sulpur Candle, 225 g
Battles Greenhouse Sulpur Candle, 225 g

3.0 out of 5 stars WELL DONE, WHOEVER STUCK BARCODE LABEL OVER INSTRUCTIONS!, 19 Jan. 2017
NB - review is currently not for product and when product is used I will re-review. However, it arrived with a large sticky label attached to the tin, having the product name (exactly as produced on the front of the tin itself - "Battles Greenhouse Sulphur Candle 225g") and a barcode printed on it. A label that could have been stuck on the base of the tin, I thought, until I eventually got it off to discover it replaced a minuscule barcode beneath. Sadly, someone (at the product end, not Amazon, it later turned out) decided to print it overly-large and stick it over the area of the tin providing the instructions for use and safety warning. And it was not one of those easy-peel labels that just comes off, it was one of those labels that only peels off its surface layer and leaves a thin layer of paper and adhesive stuck on the tin. Scraping and a little solvent worked ok, but it may not always. I contacted Battles by email to advise them re this problem and, very impressively, within an hour I had a set of emailed instructions/safety warnings in my inbox, and now they are aware of the problem let's hope it is fixed. Anyone with similar issue can email to the contact address on their website and instructions will be sent, I'm sure. Once it warms up a little and I can clear the greenhouse of plants, I'll set it off and observe the results.

Analog Science Fiction and Fact
Analog Science Fiction and Fact

4.0 out of 5 stars Print edition difference, 15 Nov. 2011
I've been an Analog subscriber for years so having it on my Kindle is great. But in the contents page (Sections & Articles") one sees the story title but not the author. If anyone from the publisher is reading this, please can we have that info too (just as in the contents page in the print edition)?

Why? Because you have many authors who appear frequently and because some of us have favourite (and less favoured) authors - I'd like not to have to navigate to each story first to find out who is in each edition.