Profile for Eva E. Mcdiarmid > Reviews

Content by Eva E. Mcdiarmid

Eva E. Mcdiarmid "Eva Mac" (Scotland)

EzyDdog Dog Flotation Device, Large, Red
EzyDdog Dog Flotation Device, Large, Red
Offered by EzyDog UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Old dog new trick, 16 Oct. 2016
Exactly same as the vets - perfect. It means our old dog can go in swimming again with confidence.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 10 Feb. 2014
this product was used by a hairdresser on my frizzy and unruly hair and was the best b low dry I've had - ever!! Managed to track it down here and have recommended also to a friend.

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul
by Deborah Rodriguez

4.0 out of 5 stars feel good factor in a novel, 1 Oct. 2013
I bought this to take on holiday as am not really into chick-lit. You could tell that the writer had actually spent time in Afghanistan as the detail couldn't have been made up. There were times where you could feel the dust - but the optimism was a tonic and made me realise what a charmed life I lead

Dial M for Murdoch: News Corporation and the Corruption of Britain
Dial M for Murdoch: News Corporation and the Corruption of Britain
by Martin Hickman

5.0 out of 5 stars required reading!, 1 Oct. 2013
absolutely brilliant, well researched and written - what an expose on the dirty dealings within the Murdoch empire. This was easy to read, in fact after chapter 3 I couldn't put it down and even went back and re-read the first chapters just to contextualise the whole shenanigans.

The Thread
The Thread
by Victoria Hislop

2.0 out of 5 stars Too simplistic, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Thread (Paperback)
I bought this book against my better judgement as I had read a couple of other Victoria Hislop books and found them rather trite. And gave up on this about 1/3 way through, so maybe that doesn't qualify me to post a review on a book I didn't complete. Give her due it is well-researched (like her others) but I felt it a book by someone from an academic background pandering to the masses. The characters were one dimensional and stereotypical - goodies are goodies and baddies are baddies. I can only imagine the outcome was the same. Last Victoria HIslop for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2012 3:45 PM BST

My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You
My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You
by Louisa Young

5.0 out of 5 stars So well written, 11 Jun. 2012
For such a tricky subject, this book was so well written. It dealt with the human side of the effects of war - psychological and physical - and really faced them full on. It was reminiscent of Vera Brittain whom I read when I was much younger but older and more cynical I was no less touched as there was little pathos or drama, just a great story about people and how they cope or not. Just wonderful - thank you

The Paris Wife
The Paris Wife
by Paula McLain

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 11 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Paris Wife (Paperback)
This was excellent, something not every book is which is a great read. It was written in an utterly believable way and with no judgements on any of the characters. For me it really captured the spirit of the era. This was the first book I'd read by this author but I'd seek her out again. This was substance with style.

The House By the Sea
The House By the Sea
by Santa Montefiore

2.0 out of 5 stars all too cliched, 11 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The House By the Sea (Paperback)
I must be the exception, looking at all the good reviews for this book. I just found the storyline too thin, trite and predicable. I knew the ending 100 pages before the end - all too obvious. And all the characters were so cliched. I know the aim of a novel is that it is not true but this was just - well - awful, for me at least.

Samsung NC10 10.2-inch Netbook (Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Windows XP Home, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Liberating!!, 3 Aug. 2009
This is truly liberating! This is small (and light) enough to fit into a big handbag and be used on the train etc. Also if travelling with a suitcase or overnight bag- again - small enough not to be a burden. Easy to use with XP as operating system and the battery lasts for ages without needing to be recharged. WiFi access so easy and it has a webcam too. Fantastic!