Profile for J Miller > Reviews

J Miller

48 x Children's Plastic KAZOO Music Maker 4 Assorted Colours Wholesale Box
48 x Children's Plastic KAZOO Music Maker 4 Assorted Colours Wholesale Box
Offered by WowTastic UK ™

4.0 out of 5 stars Spur of the moment purchase. It is exactly what ..., 19 Dec. 2016
Spur of the moment purchase. It is exactly what it says on the box. 48 Kazoos. May come in handy

Beard Grooming Kit by Percy Nobleman. A Beard Oil, Wash, Wax & Comb Gift Set For Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexify your beard, 19 Dec. 2016
I was given this product in a promotion and I must say it is fabulous. Now I may not have the most luscious of beards, in fact it's quite short and scruffy, but the difference that using the beard wash, oil and comb made was impressive.

My beard looks far neater and is softer thanks to the oil especially.
The fragrance of the beard wash could not be more manly if it smelled of WD40!

The moustache wax was not that useful to me as I have a fairly clipped moustache but as I do have quite epic eyebrows I found it handy to keep them under control as well as serving as a nice travel size hair wax.

Definitely worth buying.
I'm happy to answer any questions.

Cateck Premium 4 Port Aluminum USB Hub with 11 inch Shielded Cable for iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, Mac Mini, PCs and Laptops
Offered by Cateck Online

2.0 out of 5 stars it looks styled similar to the Macbook but in reality it looks like it's been cut from a lump of aluminium by ..., 30 Oct. 2015
The picture is misleading, it looks styled similar to the Macbook but in reality it looks like it's been cut from a lump of aluminium by a 4 year old with a lump hammer. It also struggles if you have more than one device plugged in

Samsung SE-208GB/RSGD Ultra Slim Portable Optical DVD Writer - Grey
Samsung SE-208GB/RSGD Ultra Slim Portable Optical DVD Writer - Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but noisy, 30 Oct. 2015
Not bad, a bit on the noisy side. However, after the optical drive failed on my 12 month old piece of crap Macbook Pro, it really got me out of a hole.
It is fast, compatible and slim enough to not clutter my desk as well as being portable.

A Song of Ice and Fire (1) - A Game of Thrones
A Song of Ice and Fire (1) - A Game of Thrones
by George R.R. Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars The Emperors new clothes are boiled leather with simple fur cloak draped over his shoulders. His boots were......, 20 Dec. 2014
In theory I should enjoy it because it is one of my favourite genres but I find it a bit dull and slow moving overly padded with elaborate descriptions of what everyone is wearing on every single page. Not enough dialogue for any meaningful character development it reads as a book designed to be made into a film or tv show, much like the DaVinci code which also bored me. It may be because I read slowly, every single word. If I read about "boiled leather" one more time though I will put the book down :)

Ronson Venetian Jet Flame Gas Lighter
Ronson Venetian Jet Flame Gas Lighter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little lighter, 24 July 2013
Not much to say other than it works well and is solid and well built. I think it's only downside is not having any way to guauge how full the lighter is

High Peak Minilite Two Man Tent
High Peak Minilite Two Man Tent

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it says, 24 July 2013
It is a small (the bag's about the size of a 1.5kg bag of flour), light (the same as a 1kg bag of sugar) single shell (like an egg) tent and putting it up is a piece of cake (you see what I did there?).

It probably would not cope all that well with a traditional British summer but if you get those couple of days of sun we get each year this could be quite a handy festival/party tent.

Pros;

Small
Light
Easy to set up
Cheap

Cons;

Not very strong
It is only single skin (the description does not make this clear, the inner and outer that it speaks of is the door only)
The instructions are rubbish, the rear pole actually fits outside the tent (if you put it up in the tent, it will fall down...a lot)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2014 9:13 PM GMT

Lego 9493 Starwars - X-Wing Starfighter
Lego 9493 Starwars - X-Wing Starfighter

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the very best LEGO kits, 23 Jun. 2013
I am a massive fan of LEGO as a member of that odd group of people known as AFL (adult fan of LEGO). So when I had some Amazon vouchers for my birthday this was my first choice of what to buy and I was not disappointed! It is quite a large set and although it took a while to put together it was very worth it. After building you have an excellent large model of an X-Wing fighter with wings that open into the famous X position at the twist of a dial. This set should please young and older builders alike. So when you really need to stick it to the dark side, this LEGO set has to be your first choice.

Pros;
4 minifigures
Moveable wings
Great size

Cons;
Price is high (as with many sets of this size)
The X-Wing is quite heavy when built which might be a bit much for younger ones
I now have 3 R2-D2s!

10 Second Sermons: ... and even Quicker Illustrations
10 Second Sermons: ... and even Quicker Illustrations
by Milton Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, hilarious and inspired often at the same time, 1 Sept. 2011
This book was a very pleasant surprise. Not only did it come with the startling revelation of Milton's Christian beleifs it was also surprising that it was not all jokes. It is a brilliant mixture of profound theological insight, razor sharp observational humour and deep moving insights into his personal beleifs all bound together by Milton's usual quick one line comedy as well as some very funny cartoons.

My only problem with this book is it is soooooo short! Milton told us at Greenbelt that you could finish reading it while you queued to pay for it and he was right.

Many congregations will be hearing from these "sermons" and will be very glad of it!

Jimi wallet - green
Jimi wallet - green

5.0 out of 5 stars The best wallet I have ever owned, 14 Mar. 2011
Quite simply this wallet is perfect for what I need. Space for my cards, ID and a couple of bank notes. But the best bit is that I am no longer getting bent or broken bank cards no matter what pocket they are in or how often I sit on them. Also this wallet is made from recycled plastic so you are doing your bit for the environment and saving leather for shoes and belts and such. In short buy this wallet and you will not regret it.Jimi Wallet (Black)