Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Profile for Anna Browne > Reviews

Content by Anna Browne

Anna Browne

Dreams Made Flesh
Dreams Made Flesh
by Anne Bishop
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars short stories, 22 Sept. 2013
I bought this book as a fan of Ms Bishop. It is a book for those who have read her previous series of the Black Jewels Trilogy. Thi collection answers some of the questions about this trilogy, while also providing some new tales. As a fan I can honestly say I have a bias but I loved the nature of this collection.

Go the F**k to Sleep
Go the F**k to Sleep
by Adam Mansbach

5.0 out of 5 stars Good joke book, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
After a week of our toddler not sleeping I saw this and bought it for my husband's birthday. He appreciated the shared pain that the book has illustrated wonderfully. Great book for over tired parents - of a certain humour - that shows you are not alone.

Stuck
Stuck
by Oliver Jeffers

4.0 out of 5 stars Child's wish, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Stuck (Paperback)
I first saw this book, when my son brought it home from the library. After renewing it twice I had to get it for him. He said he liked the book because the boy can do anything silly and not get into much trouble. It now sits beside his bed and is read every night. The illustrations are lovely and easily recognisable as Jeffer's work. It is a fun tale that young readers will love.

Little Red Riding Hood
Little Red Riding Hood
by Brothers Grimm

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous fairytale, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Little Red Riding Hood (Hardcover)
I could lie and say I bought this fairytale for my children but to be honest it is too beautiful for them. Gorgeously illustrated, each image is stunning in its use of images and typography. I would recommend this for anybody with a love of illustration.

Spot It Again!: Find More Hidden Creatures (Lift the Flap)
Spot It Again!: Find More Hidden Creatures (Lift the Flap)
by Delphine Chedru

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual book, 22 Sept. 2013
I am always on the lookout for unusual books that my children would like. This book was a recommendation from Amazon, which I had not heard of before. Larger than most books it has a great visual appeal, that had my children hunting through it for a while. Great to sit down with all ages but not robust enough for toddlers - a flap was torn off within hours! Still its bright colours and unique take on hide and seek was a joy.

Octonauts Eight Figurine Set
Octonauts Eight Figurine Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Figures, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Octonauts Eight Figurine Set (Toy)
Great little box of figures that ensures you have all the characters and allows the children to play imaginatively without fighting over one ship/gup-e. That they all work with the other items based around the cartoon is a bonus, my kids love them

Character Building RAF Regiment Gunner Army Builder Pack
Character Building RAF Regiment Gunner Army Builder Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars little boy soldier, 1 Jun. 2013
I bought this for my nephew who is small toy soldier mad! He carries them around in a little backpack now, which he sleeps with.
They are versatile and the movement is good. They look great and though they are British he associates them with the movie "Small Soldiers", which is a bonus. He has already requested more, so that is sure sign they are a hit.

Paul Thurlby's Alphabet
Paul Thurlby's Alphabet
by Paul Thurlby

5.0 out of 5 stars "A is for awesome", 20 April 2013
I love unusual alphabet books, as it can get boring reading and looking at the same images that seem to be used in a lot of these books (a is apple for example). This is great addition to a children's library as its bold prints and striking imagery get great attention, while the little details allow the children to explore the pages again and again.
It touches on the classic associations of letter and image but the approach is very different and I loved the references to modern surroundings, such as graffiti. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2015 6:52 AM BST

Paul Thurlby's Wildlife
Paul Thurlby's Wildlife
by Paul Thurlby

5.0 out of 5 stars great children's book, 20 April 2013
A different and quirky look at animals with vibrant images and colours. Great for all ages to read and explore. My children loved the fun facts and kept repeating them to their friends!