Profile for Mr. R. Cooper > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Cooper

Mr. R. Cooper "chameleon" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Making Life Rhyme
Making Life Rhyme

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Making Life Rhyme (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this return to recording by Lulu. She can sing absolutely anything but excels in this type of material. I recently had the pleasure of attending the pre-album release at Decca House and of course also meeting the lady herself! A lovely woman indeed who told me all she wanted was to sell enough copies so that they would let her record another album! A brief appearance in the top 40 plus all the copies she will sell at her concerts should help to make that possible...if only there was a BBC documentary on the way, based round the album. A lot was filmed at the launch so that might be a possibility. I personally think it will be a steady seller and she will reach her target...and another album will materialise in due course!!

Wanted On Voyage (Deluxe) [Explicit]
Wanted On Voyage (Deluxe) [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic first album, 19 Oct. 2014
Cannot praise this highly enough.An album of this standard at the age he is is amazing and he must surely go from strength to strength.Looking forwad to the next one already.

Dusty: An Intimate Portrait of a Musical Legend
Dusty: An Intimate Portrait of a Musical Legend

4.0 out of 5 stars Another book on Dusty!, 19 Oct. 2014
Interesting take on Dusty's career containing some new facts...some of which I'd rather not have read! Aside from that, no one could erase her status as Britain's best ever soul diva, no matter what is written about her.Shame she was taken so young.

100 Hits: Soul
100 Hits: Soul

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soul Tracks, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: 100 Hits: Soul (Audio CD)
Brilliant collection that fills many gaps in my huge library of soul music.....and so cheap too!

EUROPA
EUROPA

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back Holly, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: EUROPA (Audio CD)
So glad Holly is recording again and only reaching no.63 in top 100 must be a big disappointment.It's every bit as good as Erasure and Andy Bell recent releases but they have been more visible than Holly.I knew him on the club scene in Liverpool when in his teens in Big In Japan and I'm so pleased he's making music again instead of just painting! Most tracks are standouts and the whole CD is a joy to play repeatedly.The maturity in his voice is incredible particularly on In And Out Of Love.Should be a hit single but probably won't be...never mind, just go and buy the album to lift your spirits!

The Crabby Old Git on Cruising (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy)
The Crabby Old Git on Cruising (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 24 Aug. 2014
Having travelled to many countries, I have never gone on a cruise...except for a minicruise to Copenhagen.On the other hand my brother has been on many cruises and from what he's told me, the crabby old git has perhaps been on one of those as many of his anecdotes are so similar.I laughed out loud throughout this account of cruising and I somehow think I will stick to flying but even that has it's drawbacks as seasoned travellers will know!

Movies & Memories Music
Movies & Memories Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb collection!, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Movies & Memories Music (Audio CD)
For someone who should never have stopped recording, it is wonderful to have this CD that contains songs that have never been released before, never mind heard of. I refer to some of the forties and fifties tracks. I wonder how many more are buried in the archives. Also to have more of the recordings from the eighties is exciting.....but what has happened to Fontella Bass's 'Rescue Me' and Elton's 'Crocodile Rock'? Hopefully these will surface on a future compilation. Doris leaves an amazing legacy of fine recordings but I just wish she had extended her recording career further to include many modern day standards. A fine example is 'the Way we were' which for me is the definitive version, so warm and nostalgic.

Incanto (Enchantment)
Incanto (Enchantment)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing collaboration, 7 May 2014
Being a fan of Yanni for many years and suddenly discovering he had teamed up with Russell Watson for a track on the new album
was simply amazing. I have followed Russell's career since the beginning and this is, to be a bit corny, a match made in heaven. Love it to bits and that goes for the rest of the album. And he certainly doesn't look in his sxties.... Yanni that is!

Brother
Brother

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing singer, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Brother (MP3 Download)
This man just gets better and better as he gets older and manages to stay totally contemporary. Vastly different from his last album 'Out of My Hands' but equally as good. It was sad when A-ha broke-up but as long as Morten keeps singing it doesn't matter. This deserves to be a number one album and has actually entered the charts this week.. Every home should have a copy!

Bish Bosch
Bish Bosch

2.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of talent!, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Bish Bosch (Audio CD)
Such a waste of a spectacular voice who just indulges in his own strange world. I've bought everything he's recorded since the sixties but I've finally convinced myself that I want to listen to music I enjoy, not something that is grating on the nerves. 'Tilt' I could cope with but 'The Drift' and Scott's latest leave me stone cold. How 4AD earn any money from his recordings I don't know judging by the amount that's been sold. Scott One to Four were amazing albums plus a few later ones. I'll stick with those from now on!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 6:50 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2