Profile for Neale Hind > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Strength Training Anatomy Workout
The Strength Training Anatomy Workout
by Frederic Delavier

2.0 out of 5 stars It's quite a good book for exercises and techniques but lacks nutrition advice, 20 April 2015
It's quite a good book for exercises and techniques but lacks nutrition advice. But the worst problem I have with it is in the Workout Programmes section where it is unclear to me what many of the programme descriptions MEAN. Am I supposed to assume that all reducing repetitions are because of increasing weight. And some exercises are listed with increasing repetitions - is this to be achieved by using decreasing weight, or one of the several 'cheat repetition' techniques described earlier in the book.

Very frustrating that a generally well written book fails, in my opinion completely, in it's whole reason for writing - the actual Workouts themselves.

Hidden Mysteries: Titanic (Nintendo DS)
Hidden Mysteries: Titanic (Nintendo DS)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

1.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous that they would even develop this DS version, 16 May 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This DS version should never have come to market. From the the PC version GSP have removed all the hidden object puzzles and mini-games and reduced all screens to a non-scrollable single flat image. All that is left are some obscure object manipulations and some 'collect 10 of the same item' screens. After playing it once I played again to see the alternate ending - second run through took a little over thirty minutes, such is the lack of substance in the game.

I'm not normally one for extreme negative reviews but this item is so bad I felt I must.

After the Dark (Dark Angel)
After the Dark (Dark Angel)
by Max Allan Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Execellent wraps it all up nicely, 17 Mar. 2013
An essential read if you watched the TV show. It pretty much wraps up all the loose ends. It also opens up a possible new story line but no further novels were written.

Dark Angel: Skin Game
Dark Angel: Skin Game
by Max Allan Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars Weakest of the three novels, 17 Mar. 2013
As a fan of the TV show I'm pleased I bought this, but I found it the weakest of the three Dark Angel novels. Essential though if you want continuity from the end of the TV show into 'After the Dark' (which is a MUST read book).

The Eyes Only Dossier (Dark Angel)
The Eyes Only Dossier (Dark Angel)
by D A Stern

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 17 Mar. 2013
Gives an Eyes Only perspective on post pulse Seattle. The wider page format (compared to the novels) works well and the 'dossiers' flow well.

Before the Dawn (Dark Angel)
Before the Dawn (Dark Angel)
by Ballantine

4.0 out of 5 stars If you liked the TV show you must read this., 17 Mar. 2013
I wasn't sure I'd be interested in a prequel but actually it is pretty good. I'm pleased I bought it.

Seagate 1TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Seagate 1TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Offered by InvisibleMedia

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit concerned, 17 Mar. 2013
After two weeks of perfect running (although with an irritating continuous drone sound) it started throwing up read errors and wouldn't boot. I put the disk into a USB enclosure and ran chkdsk /R on it. My goodness - page after page of disk errors and nearly all the free space wrongly marked as allocated space.

Anyway after completion of chkdsk the drive _seems_ to be functioning normally (and, touch wood, without the droning sound). I will be keeping a careful eye on this drive.

CiT 3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA HDD Enclosure
CiT 3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA HDD Enclosure

4.0 out of 5 stars Recovered my 'broken' Verbatim drive, 7 Mar. 2013
When I plugged in my Verbatim 1.5TB external hard drive on Tuesday to recover a backup file I was stunned to get a Windows message along the lines of 'The last USB device plugged in has malfunctioned and Windows cannot recognise it'. Having taken the plunge and upgraded to Windows 8 in January this drive had my entire Windows 7 system backup in case W8 proved troublesome and I wanted to get the old system back. So this was a worry.

Knowing it was a SATA drive inside the Verbatim housing I ordered one of these. It arrived this morning. I removed the drive from the Verbatim unit and put it into the CiC housing and it works fine. So fortunately it was just the SATA-USB bridge electronics on the old unit that failed and this housing has brought it back to life.

I docked a star because the CiC log on the side not shown in the picture is tacky plus you have to unplug the drive LED before fitting the drive.

There is another CiC housing on Amazon that got some poor reviews because of the power supply. The unit with this housing looks well made and runs cool so hopefully it is good. The housing itself also has an on/off switch which a lot of the more recent external hard drives no longer have (cost cutting I expect). so that's another good point.

Final comment - I've ordered another for a spare SATA drive I've got hanging around that may give it a new lease of life.

Cheers,

Cronos - Special Edition [Blu-ray]
Cronos - Special Edition [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Guillermo del Toro

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but hard to watch, 1 May 2012
Purchased because my daughter is doing A'Level Spanish and it works well for that.

As a movie, although well filmed, it is slow moving with no real horror and poor make-up effects.

Pan's Labyrinth - Special Edition [Blu-ray]
Pan's Labyrinth - Special Edition [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Ivana Baquero

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I remembered, 1 May 2012
I've seen this before but had forgotten how intense it was. I also remembered poor animation/CGI but on watching again think it much better than I previously thought. Add to the mix a really callous Spanish commander and the horror of the civil war as it affected both sides.

I purchased it because my daughter is doing A'Level Spanish so it works well no two levels.

Page: 1 | 2