Profile for Bob Ashwood > Reviews

Content by Bob Ashwood

Bob Ashwood "Bob Ashwood" (UK)

Cure Your Emetophobia & Thrive: The Research-backed Self-help Programme to Overcome Your Fear of Being Sick
by Rob Kelly
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars £20 quid is all it takes to really help you, 20 Feb. 2014
Same old story. I have spent thousands of pounds on lots of therapies over the years. The most I have ever been promised is, 'overcome' your emetophobia. Note that this book actually states, 'Cure' your emetophobia. Like most people I was sceptic. Also, I was desperate and would try anything. I have been through, CBT, Hypnotherapy, exposure therapy, EMDR therapy, relaxation etc etc. I have bought every CD/book that has ever come on the market (not many) and visited every website on the subject (which I have to say are unhelpful and just make you co-dependent).
Stop all that now. Just buy this book, it really, really makes life changing differences. However, there is a catch and some conditions. You actually have to put in the work and do the exercises. How else are you going to cure something that has been with you since you were 8 years old? Do the work, do the exercises and keep practising them. Never stop practising them and you will be free of this life-consuming phobia that is far more common than you may think.

SEO Checklist: A step-by-step plan for fixing SEO problems with your web site (Webmaster Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear and informative., 30 Jan. 2014
No nonsense advice. Strong focus on ground work and discipline. A good start out guide. Recommended for beginners and self starters.

BARITONE UKULELE CLEARWATER BARITONE UKE IN SATIN MAHOGANY WITH CASE - LATEST MODEL

5.0 out of 5 stars A little charmer, 12 Sept. 2012
I've played guitars for years. Lately, my hands have developed arthritis. I struggle with steel 6-strings. I have a soprano ukulele but even that is difficult. Plus, the GCEA tuning does my head in - transposing from 6-string chord patterns to uke.

Anyway, I found this Clearwater Baritone which handles DGBA tuning. I love it. It's so tolerant and forgiving towards my old fingers. The tone is bright, clear and friendly. My wife loves to hear me playing it (that's something she never said about my guitar work!). I get a tone out of it that I never got out of a spanish-style classical guitar. Good sound quality and volume from 4 strings. I intend to tweak the action by lowering the bridge a tad, but that's the sort of personalisation you do with a guitar costing twice, three times the price.

It is very nicely finished for an instrument of this price.

If Martin made one (I think they do) it would be hundreds of pounds more. For around £90 quid including case, you can't go wrong. I have treated it to a set of black Aquilla Strings. It looks and sounds even better.

Ruby Tucker
Ruby Tucker
by Ruthie Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Affords children the right to think between the lines, 24 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Ruby Tucker (Paperback)
Ruthie Thomas has brought to us Ruby Tucker. A story that stands alongside us as a' there but for fortune' allegory comparable to the best of any classic or modern childrens' tale. In Ruby, Ruthie has created a complex, unsubtle youngster to whom we can all relate. In fact, each character in the story is not only a testimony to Ms Thomas's writing ability but also to her sense of 'child-ness'. It reminds us that, in the face of suffering, we are all children. Unlike a TV soap-opera, the author allows us to fill-in the back story and feel for ourselves the between-the-lines pain of a little girl who loves her mother, struggles to understand the absence of her estranged father and questions the point of being good and loving God, if he really exists. Ruby responds like most children to these hurts and questions. She craves something simple that she can understand and grabs it. Just to feel something. Right or wrong. To experience an emotion that makes sense to a child trapped in the eye of her own quiet storm. A story crammed with characters that leap off the page and stay with you long after you put it down. We haven't heard the last of Ruby Tucker. Yes, as some reviewers have noted, the publisher let the author down on the proof-reading. But, that can never detract from what is a brilliant debut for this author and for Ruby.