Profile for :) > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Garmin Small Coloured Wrist Band for Vivofit 2 - Canary/Pink/Violet
Garmin Small Coloured Wrist Band for Vivofit 2 - Canary/Pink/Violet

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Oct. 2015
these pick up fluff easily, unlike the black, grey and navy straps!

Cute Rilakkuma Kiiroitori Cable Winder for iPhone iPod
Cute Rilakkuma Kiiroitori Cable Winder for iPhone iPod

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cute!, 20 Oct. 2015
Just got mine today, didn't realise when I ordered that there were two cable winders in each packet, so that was a nice surprise for me! -I didn't see the picture of them in the packaging! The cat ones are a bit nicer than the chick in my opinion.

Vapur Element Fire Reusable Plastic Water Bottle - Grey, 0.7 Litres
Vapur Element Fire Reusable Plastic Water Bottle - Grey, 0.7 Litres

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bottle I've had. Brilliant idea, doesn't leak- is fairly sturdy (unless it's practically empty) and easy to clean., 15 Sept. 2015
-I hand wash it as if you put it in the dish washer it's prone to collecting the dirty water in the base/ part of the lid. I have frozen it several times, been travelling through airport security and to festivals with it and scrunched it up in a bag for pretty much every day since I bought it nearly 5 months ago and there's no real sign of wear. The carabiner is really handy for clipping it onto bag straps, or just as a carry handle. (note my clip was black not pinkish red) I'm considering buying another one, as I find that if it's within eyesight I'm just drawn to it so have been drinking more. I've also filled it with lemon tea and nuun sports tablets, and as long as you rinse it afterward (I put a drop of fairy liquid in with some water, close the lid and shake it), it should last you well!.
I've also had many compliments on it, and when I had it at work some of my colleagues thought it was a hip flask ;)

Garmin Premium Soft Strap Heart Rate Monitor for Garmin Fitness Products Including Forerunner, Edge and Vivofit

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, could be improved further though., 15 Sept. 2015
Plastic receiver bit digs in after a while!
I haven't tested it out in the washing machine, as I'm not sure if I'd trust it in there... nor have I worn it in wet conditions.
As far as connectivity and accuracy go, it seems fairly accurate, and as long as you have it snug but not too tight, and wet the pads a little it shouldn't lose connectivity. If it's too loose then you might get a few issues.
I haven't tried it against any other HRM or straps so I'm not sure how much more comfortable this one is over the standard garmin one, but I bought this as I thought that the longer plastic bit might cause a few more issues as I am only small, and also it was only £2 more expensive, so I went for it.

Garmin Vivofit 2 Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker - Black
Garmin Vivofit 2 Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Device is great, documentation/app still needs perfecting., 15 Sept. 2015
I ordered this watch a couple of weeks ago after having originally bought a polar m400 that was faulty. I originally wanted a multipurpose fitness tracker, that could monitor my heart rate, calories, steps etc as well as have a basic watch function that wouldn't need to be tied up with a smartphone to work(sony smartwatch 2). I am so glad I went for this watch! The move bar is a great incentive to keep getting up (as I'm usually sat at a computer all day), and paired with the heart rate monitor it's even better, even if wearing a chest strap is a little uncomfortable. As I bought it to monitor my overall fitness, as well as use it when cycling I use the hrm all day and as far as accuracy goes, it is within a couple of beats of a local pharmaceutical blood pressure monitor, so it's accurate enough for me, but I have noticed that I do get a few strange readings when I am eating... It also occasionally loses connection, but after a couple of seconds on the heart rate screen it will reconnect quickly!
The pedometer is a little iffy sometimes, not counting steps unless I swing my arms, or counting steps when I am not walking but moving my wrist instead. I have two other clip on pedometers and these are about 300 steps different to the Vivofit 2, but I didn't expect it to be 100% accurate being on my wrist anyway, so just bear that in mind, if you move your arms a lot!
I love the interchangeable wristbands, have got several different colours already, but note that the pink, yellow and purple pack and the white band do like to collect fluff! (not sure if the green/red/blue colours do too? I originally bought the wings for life limited edition one with the black/grey/white bands and they [except the white] have a slightly shiny, less rubberised finish, which I prefer).
The garmin express app and connect work okay for me, I did have a couple of issues at first with syncing but I just re paired (not sync) the device and it works fine now, although I've noticed that the 2.4 wireless signal is the same as the signal to my wireless mouse so I make sure I've turned it off and unplugged the receiver to that first before syncing!
The connect dashboard is simple and you can pair it with My Fitness Pal if you want to monitor your calorie intake too. I use the timer function to list my cycling down as an activity, and with the HRM it tells me how effective my workout was (using hr zones) and also how many calories I have burned off. You can manually enter other data such as speed and cadence, and that's probably the only thing that I would want that this watch cannot do. If it had the connectivity with the garmin cadence monitor it would be brilliant, but for the price you can't expect everything (that's the sort of feature that comes with a £200+ watch!)
I love the sleep feature too, which I just find it easier to set when I go to bed and turn off when I wake up in the morning. Although one thing about sleep mode is that you can't see the time when it's on, so if you do wake up in the night, or when you wake up in the morning, you have to turn it off before you can see the other screens.
The garmin instructions and online manual are a bit of a let down... I have come across a couple of screens not mentioned anywhere in the documentation, which I have yet to figure out, and it also took me a while to discover that the backlight is turned on by holding down the function button (longer than you would if you wanted the screen to cycle time/date/etc but not long enough to cycle through the timer/sync/sleep menu) I was half expecting the screen to be constantly backlit!
After I got used to it, the simplicity of the device is great! No annoying lost phone connection or bulkiness. The screen is clear and easy to read in all conditions, I find myself checking it regularly! It also isn't too sporty imo so I would be happy to wear it out of an evening; maybe not with the yellow strap though ;) I would definitely recommend this watch.

biOrb Halo Coldwater Fish Tank, 30 Litre, White
biOrb Halo Coldwater Fish Tank, 30 Litre, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Aesthetically pleasing, but still has a few design flaws., 1 Sept. 2015
So I bought this item (with the intelligent lights) about a month ago, and wanted to allow things to settle before posting a review.

Currently I have only got plants (and a couple of snails >:L ) in my tank, with a view to adding some small tropicals later on. Aside from the original kit I have also added a heater and some smaller substrate (Biogravel from ebay).

At first I was after a biube pure to set up a desktop planted tank, but it proved too difficult/costly to get hold of. Anyway, I was suckered in with the futuristic looks of the biorb halo, despite knowing that they come with a few issues.
-The first is that the filtration system is pretty poor. Despite working in theory, I have watched plant matter just continually revolve around in circles, the current not being strong enough to suck it into the substrate. (This is a known design flaw in all of the biorb tanks.)
Because of the biorb halo's shape and lid design this would make it impossible to add in an external filter without doing some drastic modifications, (an internal one wouldn't fit properly with the curve). But as I wanted a planted tank, I felt that the plants and substrate could handle much of the filtration, I would just need to keep on top of manually removing any debris.
-This brings me on to the next little issue I have with it; the fact that it is acrylic. Having forked out £10 for the biorb algae cleaner I quickly discovered that it scratched the tank. Brand new filter wool also managed to leave marks, despite there not being anything sharp stuck in or on the tank. So, now when cleaning I just have to be extremely careful and use the cleaner with a piece of cleaning pad sandwiched between the magnets. (The biorb cleaning pads and siphon cleaner are brilliant!)
-My third issue with the tank is with the lighting system. It's more than capable of providing enough light for my plants, but the daytime lights are only situated at the front of the tank, meaning that the plants grow unevenly and die off at the back of the tank. Although I paid the same price as the standard light version, I had still expected there to be more than two white LEDs (& one blue night light), evenly spread around the top of the tank. I am contemplating adding an extra light, or perhaps just re-scaping the plants, but it is still disappointing and will ruin the overall look of my tank either way.
-I like the fact that the biorb transformer allows you to use one plug for the lights and air pump, but the air pump is seriously loud, so not ideal for a bedroom! I have switched it out for an interpet nano aquamini air pump which I am very impressed with as it is virtually silent.
-The evaporation lid on the intelligent LED version is a nice touch, with two removable tabs so that you can manage cables, and a little rubber capped hole for feeding your fish.
-Compared to other sized tanks, and when using the biorb siphon it takes me a couple of minutes to do a 50% water change. (I also have a 180l tank and a tetra siphon cleaner which is a pain to get started).

Other points to note:
-Some people have an issue with the magnification that occurs with the shape of the tank, but this doesn't bother me.
-This aquarium is a good size, although beware of overstocking your fish.
-This biorb is perhaps better suited to one or two slow growing live plants and a few tetras/guppies/white cloud mountain minnows/otos. Not the whole underwater jungle I've got going on...unless you like maintenance!
-Don't buy the biorb service kits every time!!! Finest filters sell biorb compatible kits much cheaper. Or you can just keep and reuse the sponges. (You don't need carbon all the time unless you are having issues with water quality/pollutants or want to remove a fish medicine from the tank).
-Also ensure that your tank is away from any sunlight/ spotlights as not only will you get overrun with algae but also you can cook any fish you have in there and possibly end up setting fire to things outside of your tank (which is a giant magnifying glass).
-If you plan on heavily planting it out but still using the air driven filter, do your research first!!!
-if you're considering buying it for a child or as a small family tank I would recommend as long as cleaning is done regularly and you don't put goldfish/ more than 8 small tropicals in there.

I hope I haven't been too critical... but by choosing this aquarium for a planted tank I have given myself more of a challenge. If you just want it as a small species tank it would probably be better suited. As far as it looks though, I love the shape and have had several compliments on it, hence the 4 stars!

VISCONTI LUXURY SOFT LEATHER CREDIT CARD HOLDER IN BERRY MULTI RB-44
VISCONTI LUXURY SOFT LEATHER CREDIT CARD HOLDER IN BERRY MULTI RB-44
Offered by David Viggers Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 Jun. 2015
Good, is a little bulky when completely full but I have removed the plastic insert as I don't need the extra space. Isn't quite as soft as the larger Berry purse, and as the outer bit is purple, it doesn't quite match. Still nice though, good to put cards and tickets in when travelling light.

panache Women's Full Cup Sports Bra, Geo Print, Size: 34D
panache Women's Full Cup Sports Bra, Geo Print, Size: 34D

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, 11 Feb. 2015
Love this bra! At first I was a bit sceptical-especially as it's quite expensive and I've never used panache before...but once on it fits amazingly and you feel well supported. It's a really cool print too which makes me want to show it off but I don't have the stomach for that yet ;) Much MUCH nicer than my boring white m&s sports bra. I was a little unsure of the sizing as normally I'm between a D & DD and as my last sports bra seemed a bit too big I thought I'd go for the smaller size. This one fits well enough, my only niggle is that when you clip the straps together into a racer back the front of the straps seem to dig in a little around the collarbone (but I'm sure with some adjustments they'll be fine!). Definitely worth buying!

10ml Cinnamon Pure Essential Oil
10ml Cinnamon Pure Essential Oil
Offered by FRESHSKIN

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not smell of cinnamon, look elsewhere if you're buying for the scent!, 27 Sept. 2014
This review is from: 10ml Cinnamon Pure Essential Oil
Should have read the reviews first :/ this is not at all cinnamon scented, it smells of strong cloves-which I hate! Really disappointed, and as other reviewers stated-it does not say which part of the plant/tree it is from, which is very misleading. I will not be ordering this product again!

Sistema Lunch Sandwich Box 3 Pack -450 ml, Assorted
Sistema Lunch Sandwich Box 3 Pack -450 ml, Assorted

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, better value for money than buying them separately, 29 May 2014
So, I bought these boxes in august last year...forgot to do a review until now. The pink one I used in the microwave and it actually melted in the bottom leaving a hole. This is not very good to say it's supposed to be microwave safe. Anyway, I contacted sistema as it was way past the amazon 30-day guarantee and their customer service was very helpful. I'd asked for a replacement and within two days I have a new box. :) I really like this company's products and now even though I had a faulty product I'm still happy to recommend them. The many other products I have of theirs have withstood some heavy duty microwaving and travel. So, now I know that this is one company that values its customers, and is willing to fix any issues with their products. I will definitely continue to use them.The woman I emailed also apologised that she could not offer me a pink one(?!) as a replacement, and the one I've got isn't the basic one with dark blue clips, it has green clips! so I'm happy! thanks, Sistema! :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7