Profile for E. Rouxel > Reviews

Content by E. Rouxel

E. Rouxel (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mosquito Repellent, Binwo Best Indoor Outdoor Insect Repellent Bracelet Pest Control Sports Bracelet with up to 90 Days Protection, Natural Safe and DEET-FREE, Waterproof Wrist / Ankle Bands for Kids & Adults (Black)
Offered by Binwo Intelligent Electronics

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously disappointed, 27 July 2017
I was so excited to have found this product for my daughter. However within an hour of her wearing it the "capsule" had fallen out of its silicone band. We did manage to find it but the silicone band is clearly too large for the capsule and it was always going to fall out. To rescue it we have glued it in place and tried again. But while she was playing she must have rolled on it and it has popped and now leaks.
Definitely not worth the money. Avoid!

Mosquito Repellent Bracelets - 10 Pack - All Natural, Deet Free and Waterproof Bands for Adults and Children
Offered by One Retail Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 19 Aug. 2016
My daughter reacts awfully to insect bites so I need a solution that I can use every day with no possibility of it affecting her health in the long or short term- so I avoid anything containing Deet as much as I can.

She absolutely loves thes bracelets (which she wears as anklets) and their fun colours. They are in resealible packets to keep the smell as long as possible when not being worn (eg over night) which is very helpful and the 10 day effectiveness estimate seems about right.

Night Light Wall Switch - Set of 2 - Wireless Battery LED Lamp. Ideal Children's Bedroom Nightlight
Offered by worldofbargain888

3.0 out of 5 stars Much brighter than expected, 7 Mar. 2016
I brought this for my daughters room. The light is much brighter than I expected and can definitely light the room enough for safe midnight trips to the loo. The switch can be easily used by a child and the batteries last ages.
However I chose this as I did not want it screwed into the wall and this came with Velcro which you would assume to be fit for purpose which it isn't. The adhesive is week and the forced needed to use the switch either separates the Velcro or the adhesive. Shame as this really lets it down and I'm now on the hunt for better quality Velcro

The 2014 British Sugar Free Shopper's Guide
The 2014 British Sugar Free Shopper's Guide
by David Gillespie

2.0 out of 5 stars Not helpful, 13 Feb. 2015
this book starts with a great table listing the different types of sugar by how bad they are for you. This is the most useful part of the book.
The lists of all the different food items has a good variety and is really interesting until you realise that the only information given for them all is the percentage of sugar content. No where does it say if this is acceptable sugar or absolutely no go type of sugar. Surely this is the whole point of the exercise? To have no no go sugars but allow a small amount of acceptable sugars? So to do that I have to check all the packets. As I may as well have just done this in the first place now I have realised that this book seems pointless. It's a shame as I was really excited about a book that would help me shop wiser and still be able to buy some prepared products- I'm just going to have to do the leg work myself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2016 6:55 AM BST

Davina's 5 Weeks to Sugar-Free: Yummy, easy recipes to help you kick sugar and feel amazing
by Davina McCall

2.0 out of 5 stars Deeply disappointed., 13 Feb. 2015
ive been interested in sugar free diets for a while now but in the past the boots I have found were by foreign authors and often recommended weird and wonderful alternatives that were challenging to find in the country. So I was really pleased to find this book and assumed it would be a similar idea with down to earth recipes and easy to find ingredients.
I many ways I was right but in a disappointing way. Many of the recipes are savoury which by their nature when you cook from scratch are sugar free. So you could use pretty much any cook book again for that.
All recipes that use sugar in this book have maple syrup in (or honey) instead. So the cake recipe is basically a usual cake with maple syrup instead on sugar. I could honestly have worked that one out myself.
I am also more confused by the other sugar free diets I have read list maple syrup and honey as bad sugars! With even artificial sweeteners preferred over their use.
So in summary swap sugar for maple syrup in any recipe and you are following this diet- much more simple that the other sugar free versions but I'm not sure how its weening you off a sweet tooth

My Unintended
My Unintended

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it! I need more!, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: My Unintended (Kindle Edition)
There is so much more to this book than I was expecting. The characters have depth with plenty of twists in the storyline. Completely brilliant read and I need more!

New Girls/Childrens Red Minnie Mouse Bootie Slipperspolka Dot Bow. - Red/Black - UK SIZE 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 May 2014
This is my daughters second pair of this type, they are brilliant. A proper plastic sole, fluffy insides, quite supportive for a slipper and she loves them

22 Tassimo T Discs Pods Variety Pack
22 Tassimo T Discs Pods Variety Pack
Offered by Sterling UK Coffee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter kit, 13 May 2014
Great starter selection of discs. Some of them are really nice but I have not found them easy to source a box off

Floradix Iron Vitamin Formula Liquid, 500 ml
Floradix Iron Vitamin Formula Liquid, 500 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 13 May 2014
This was recommended by a midwife as an alternative to prescribed iron tablets. It did the job with great results and none of the horrid side effects. It does taste a bit like the end of a compost bin to start with but once your used to it it's fine

Paleo/Caveman Diet And Gluten Free Recipes Tailored For British Tastes Using Foods Commonly Available In English Stores And Supermarkets
by Budding Books

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 13 May 2014
A very thin book- very little useful information and a dull read. I'm not sure what I was expecting from this book- I think I was just excited to see something not American for a change. If your even a remotely experienced cook you won't learn anything from this

Page: 1 | 2 | 3