Profile for Ffwrnais > Reviews

Content by Ffwrnais

Ffwrnais

Beet IT Organic Beetroot Juice 750ml (Pack of 8)
Beet IT Organic Beetroot Juice 750ml (Pack of 8)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but needs more careful packaging/delivery, 7 Aug. 2014
Very pleasant tasting, reasonable price and has lots of alleged health benefits. I would rate it as excellent apart from the disastrous packaging/delivery problems. The last consignment came in a soggy box which had a gaping hole in it. Beet root juice was leaking everywhere including onto another item in the same box. I really don't know what the courier had been doing with this but it looked as though it taken part in a football game. The package was left at my house when I was out which was fortunate because I would have refused to accept it had I been at home. I couldn't bring myself to wrap it all up and send it back as I'd have been covered in the juice, so I salvaged as much as possible and hosed down my path (literally).
It's a good product but packaging/delivery is inadequate.

The Monthly Sky Guide
The Monthly Sky Guide
by Ian Ridpath

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little guide to the sky, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Monthly Sky Guide (Paperback)
This is a really well put together guide to help you become more familiar with the night sky. Engagingly written and easy to carry and use, it provides a monthly description of interesting objects you should be able to find in the night sky. Each month particular objects are chosen for a detailed look as well as a general overview of the current sky. Planet positions for each month are clearly shown for a range of years as well as annual ephemera such as meteor showers.

The Behavior of the Honey Bee in Pollen Collecting.
The Behavior of the Honey Bee in Pollen Collecting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent text but no figures, 12 Sept. 2013
A very well put together work on how honey bees deal with pollen with excellent descriptions of the processes. Unfortunately the text refers to figures which are missing from the book and without which make it extremely difficult to understand. If you read it with some good illustrations of bee anatomy to hand it makes sense but without these (unless you are very familiar with the nomenclature of bee anatomy) it is a real struggle to understand.

Mirrycle Road Bike Mirror - Black
Mirrycle Road Bike Mirror - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever little device, 31 July 2011
I've tried many different sorts of bike mirrors over the years and this one is the best by far. It fits very easily onto Shimano STIs is really easy to adjust and works well on the road with very little vibration. I have to twist mine around when storing my bike but an occasional tighten with an Allen key keeps it in place.