Profile for Pixie Girl > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bamboo Heart
Bamboo Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 9 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Bamboo Heart (Kindle Edition)
This, I think, is loosely part of a trilogy and I eagerly await the publication of the third book. The first two most enjoyable.

Poldark [DVD]
Poldark [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aidan Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars COMPULSIVE VIEWING, 30 April 2016
This review is from: Poldark [DVD] (DVD)
Never expected this to be as good as the 1970's Poldark! But have to say was blown away by both the acting and the scenary! Can't wait for the Second series which I believe comes on air in the autumn.

Paris Letters
Paris Letters

5.0 out of 5 stars Paris Visit, 16 April 2016
This review is from: Paris Letters (Kindle Edition)
Most enjoyable! With having visited Paris many times I knew everywhere that she wrote about! Definitely a five-star.

The Silk Merchant's Daughter
The Silk Merchant's Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars BEGUILING READ, 19 Mar. 2016
This is the third book of hers I've read and beautifully written. I found it hard to put this book down. Became really involved with the characters. It made me think of Vietnam in a totally different way! The descriptive parts so good I felt I was there! I hope she writes many more books. Will be keeping a look out for her next one!

The Wicked Wit of Queen Elizabeth II
The Wicked Wit of Queen Elizabeth II

1.0 out of 5 stars ERROR, 30 Jan. 2016
Bought this in error. Pressed the wrong button! Read it but did read it and thought it a pretty poor read! Can't recommend I'm afraid!

Mystery in White (British Library Crime Classics)
Mystery in White (British Library Crime Classics)

2.0 out of 5 stars This started well, but eventually became rather dragged out ..., 7 Jan. 2016
This started well, but eventually became rather dragged out. By half way thro the book I didn't really care what happened to the various characters.

The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes From a Small Island (Bryson)
The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes From a Small Island (Bryson)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY WARM READ, 25 Oct. 2015
A book to curl up on the sofa with! Lots of amusing anecdotes. Just as good as his first book on Britain. Highly recommend!

A Daughter's Tale: The Memoir of Winston and Clementine Churchill's youngest child

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Aug. 2015
Tremendously enjoyable book. Chartwell a beautiful backdrop, most especially if you've visited it as I have twice.

First Lady: The Life and Wars of Clementine Churchill
First Lady: The Life and Wars of Clementine Churchill

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very interesting book, though quite a ..., 20 Aug. 2015
This is a very interesting book, though quite a lot of information taken from Mary Soames book which I've just read. The book about growing up at Chartwell up to just after he end of the war.

The Legacy of Elizabeth Pringle
The Legacy of Elizabeth Pringle

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous first book, 11 Aug. 2015
I read this book in two days. I couldn't put it down. She chose a background/setting that she knew well. I know this area and the history of it myself so made it doubly fascinating. The story had an unexpected twist. An extremely good debut book and I very much look forward to her next one

Page: 1 | 2 | 3