Profile for Bookie > Reviews

Content by Bookie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 109

Bookie (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Giwox 2.0 Mega Pixels USB Endoscope Waterproof Inspection Camera Borescope with OTG Cable & 6 Adjustable LEDs for Android Smartphones (5M)
Offered by Giwox UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built, easy to set up and use, great picture quality and multiple applications., 28 May 2016
Flex cam

I was offered this item At a discount to try out in exchange for an honest review.

I first saw a camera like this in use last year in adverse circumstances involving my private sewage system with a problem. Using a similar device and a laptop on a cold November night, a contractor identified two areas where underground pipes had collapsed, causing a blockage. The problem was resolved easily as the exact area requiring attention was identified on camera and then accessed from above ground. The camera was very similar to this one, but with much longer cabling.

The camera arrived next day and it's packed in a simple card box. It comes with user guidance a few tools to help position and recover the camera and a PC disc. The disc means it's quick and easy to set up on a Windows laptop. I'm wary of unknown software, but I had no problem with installing the necessary using the supplied disc and no subsequent PC issues. Great start! It's very user friendly and was good to go in minutes.

Having seen a camera like this in use in difficult conditions, I was intrigued by the accessibility the camera provides to otherwise out of bounds areas. In summary, it's incredible. For starters, I won't be using mine to poke round the sewage system, but in a few days, I've found a number of interesting and even exciting uses. The first was to creep, unobtrusively towards and into a nesting box in a tree in my garden. I thought it was unused, but after a quick check with the camera, I discovered a nesting great tit. That view was priceless.

I have loft space areas I like to check regularly, normally by physically clambering into the loft. With a bit of arthritis, this isn't ideal! This camera provides an instant, easy and very practical solution. The cable length is generous so I was able to open the loft hatch and send the cable around to check the areas I wanted to see, without physically climbing up there. Safe and very effective. I want to take a look at the flue pipe leading into the chimney from the rear of my solid fuel burner, to ensure all seams are secure and not leaking fumes. The LED lights are really effective, bright clear light that can illuminate even the darkest and most inaccessible recess.

In summary, this is a little gizmo that's not only inexpensive, it's practical, well built, easy o operate and worth every penny. I'm really impressed by it.

D-FantiX Portable Handheld Fan Mini Water Misting Fan Personal Humidifier Fan Battery Operated / USB Powered for Beauty, Home, Office and Travel (Blue)
Offered by D-FantiX UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This fan is genius; compact, quiet and really effective, 27 May 2016
I was offered this item free of charge, in exchange for trying it out and writing an honest review. It's genius! I have a small battery operated fan. It's a bit noisy but it works ok. No moisture option though and that was the bit that intrigued me about this fan. It's very clever and actually performs way above my expectation.

It arrived next day and it's nicely presented. I like the fact that this is so easy to charge using the USB cable, supplied. Up and running, fully charged in less than an hour. User guidance is clear and it's largely intuitive. The fan only function is gentle and refreshing. The unit is well balanced and easy to hold and it's also easy to stand up nearby. But the best bit is the moisture option. I wonders if I'd be drenched, but it's not like that. It sends out a moist mist. Very delicate and soothing. I love it. Such a simple idea, brilliantly executed and given that the build is robust, this has the look and feel of a really practical gizmo that'll give long service. Great value and I've no hesitation in recommending.

SIBON 13-17Inches Laptop Messenger Shoulder Bag Handbag Briefcase Laptop for MacBook Air / MacBook Pro / Notebook Computer/Ipad (14Inches, Black)
Offered by Yuchenji

5.0 out of 5 stars Really well made, looks professional, light but protective., 27 May 2016
I was offered this bag free of cost to try out, in exchange for an honest review.

It arrived very quickly and it's a really good looking bag. The colour is a rich charcoal grey and it feels and looks luxurious. It's the type of bag I'd be happy to wear or be seen with anywhere. The stitching and finish, throughout, is superb. I couldn't find any loose threads or double stitching, despite some tight corners and numerous pockets within the bag. That's impressive for starters!

The bag is padded; it's lightweight and not bulky, and provides considerable protection, if dropped or banged, when used to carry a tablet or netbook. The shoulder carry strap is wide enough to be comfortable and practical. Internally, I like the numerous separate pockets and pouches so hardware and other items can be loaded easily and separately. The metal clips are all sturdy and look both good quality and heavy duty. The shoulder strap is easily adjustable, allowing for difference in user size and also sufficient length to wear cross body in messenger bag style.

This is a really good looking, great quality multi purpose bag. It'll hold a large tablet, a notebook or small laptop easily and there's plenty of room for additional papers or personal stuff. It looks and feels professional; the kind of bag that you're happy to carry going into any meeting etc. The hand straps are soft and comfortable if you don't want to use the shoulder strap and I really liked the easy access zippered pockets on the outside. Ideal for carrying teavel papers or entry pass and quick to get to. I'm Very impressed overall by quality and price; a good looking, well made bag which should give long and excellent service.

GaGa MILANO 3D Protable Accelerometer Pedometer Sensor Outdoors Fitness Digital 3D Pedometer Simple and Eesy Use Carabiner Step Sensor Pedometer Suit for Older for Keep Fit (Pink)
Offered by GaGa MILANO

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read display and well built, but limited accurate application, 26 May 2016
I walk daily, for pleasure, with my dog. It may be a quick walk along the lanes on Tarmac roads near home or the beach or hill walks in mountain areas. I've used pedometers before to measure distance and they've worked by clipping to a waistband. They've seemed cumbersome in comparison with this pedometer which, in my view, is slim, elegant and very easy to carry.

It arrived next day, nicely presented in a card box and it's complete with a user leaflet and battery. It's very easy to set up and operate. Insert the battery, give it a couple of shakes and it's ready to go. The build quality is good; the integral clip seems strong, but it's easy to attach. The display readout is clear.

I set it up to record steps to the post box. I know the distance in both physical steps and in yards. It's just over a mile there and back. The ground is regular in that it's a B road. It's mainly level with a couple of dips and rises. I like the ease with which it's set up; a couple of shakes. Clever and simple. It recorded the distance in steps very accurately, so it works well on an even surface.

Later I took it out with me on a walk over very irregular ground. A stone, small rock and pebble mountain path. It's a designated walker route, signposted and well used, so I'm not talking about 'off piste' hill walking, just regular lowland but rough track. Again I know the route in both steps and yards. The steps were way out; it under recorded my steps, over a distance of under two miles, by over 1,500. That's a large error margin, and for that type of walking for me, unacceptable.

So, if you want to accurately record your steps over relatively even ground, this seems to work well and I'd give it 4 stars. But if you walk on irregular ground, it's less accurate and on that basis, I'm only able to give it a very average 3. It's a good idea, a nice looking product, but it's limited in application.

Portable LED HD Mini Projector, Meyoung Gp70 Full Color 150" 1200 Lumens Pico Video Projector 800*600 Resolution Home Cinema Projector for Party and Games with HDMI Cable and Built-in TV Tuner, Black
Offered by JIETIAN Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and does what it says. Can't fault it., 26 May 2016
I was offered this projector free of charge in exchange for an honest review.

It's very neat. Smaller than another home projector I have, but with similar features. It's low cost, but high performance. Good value.

Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-contact Digital Laser IR Infrared Thermometer, -50°C ~ 550°C, Yellow/Black
Offered by Etekcity Corporation

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust build and really easy to use. Good to go out of the box., 25 May 2016
This digital laser thermometer is awesome! I was offered a sample in exchange for a review and I'm really impressed. I've been wandering around randomly taking readings and it's proved fascinating.

To start with, it arrived very quickly and it looks the business. It's presented in a blister pack and comes with user guidance and a 9v battery, so it's good to go out of the box. I like the robust build quality and the soft touch grip handle and trigger. It's so easy to use and whilst it's practical, it's also fun!

My oven seal has become detached and I'm not sure how that's affecting the oven temperature. With this brilliant gadget, I found I'm losing over 15 degrees of heat. That's critical for some cooking and could result in undercooked food or cakes etc failing to rise. I also discovered where a hot water supply pipe is routed below a tiled floor as I was able to track a slightly higher temperature where the pipe runs. The same in a plaster wall; I didn't know there was a hot water supply pipe coming down the middle of a hall wall and could have drilled into it as I want to put some hooks in that area.

Temperature differences in the garage were considerable and I may rearrange so I work in the warmer rather than colder area. This is an amazing item, every home will find a use for it without a doubt and I believe it'll give long service. Very easy to read; the display is large and clear and I didn't need my reading glasses to read it. Outstanding value item with multiple applications.
Comment Comment | Permalink

BangRui Can Opener Electric One Touch Can Opener Best Can Opener Soft Edge Automatic Electric Can Opener with Assistive Auto-Stop (red)
Offered by BangRuiZhiJia

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing gizmo; does the job quickly and well., 25 May 2016
I have slight grip difficulty and some shoulder problems, both aggravated by using a hand turn can opener. I have an electric can opener, but it's large and quite cumbersome, so I was really pleased to be offered this can opener free of charge, in exchange for an honest review.

It arrived next day and it's nicely presented in a coloured card Box. I like the striking colouring but what I like most is the size and shape. It's spot on for holding in comfort; it's larger than some, but the design is great. It comes with an instruction leaflet and it's powered by 4 AA batteries ( not supplied). They're easy to insert and within two minutes of the device arriving, I had it powered up and a lid off.

It's incredibly simple to use; put it on top of the tin, push the button, it starts up and moves, as if by magic, round the edge of the can, then stops automatically. Pick it up and the lid is attached to the opener, a nice clean edge round the tin and easy to drop the lid into waste disposal. The whole unit seems well built and robust and I'm very impressed that such a simple looking gadget works so well. It's more expensive than my electric opener, but it's lighter, compact and much, much easier to use. I like it a lot and it's now in regular use.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Tenn Well Jute Twine, Natural Thick Jute String 3Ply Jute Rope for Floristry, Gifts, DIY Arts&Crafts, Decoration, Bundling, Garden and Recycling (Brown, 500 Feet)
Offered by T&H Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, very strong but easy to work with, 25 May 2016
I use a lot of twine, mainly in the garden, so I was pleased to be offered a roll of this to try out in exchange for an honest review.

I keep my twine in a tin, made for the purpose, and this roll fits into the tin. Please note that the tin in the photos is one I already own; it doesn't come with this twine. I haven't chaecked the length, but there's a lot of twine. It's not unduly rough, which is good as it makes it easier on the fingers. It's very strong and ideal for tying beans and peas to canes or for training young growth on fruit trees and shrubs. I use it in preference to nylon twine because it's easier to handle and it looks more natural.

I've also used it to replace a broken hanging string on the back of a large and heavy picture frame. I'm confident it'll hold the weight without slipping or stretching and again, it's easy to work with. A really good value ball of twine and I love it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

GreForest 3D Virtual Reality Headset IMAX 360 Degree 3D VR Glasses HD Carl Zeiss Aspherical Compatible with 3.5-6.0 inches Android IOS Smartphone
Offered by GreForest

5.0 out of 5 stars Great image quality, light, well balanced and comfortable. Great fun, 25 May 2016
I was offered a free sample of this VR headset in exchange for an honest review. It arrived next day and it's well presented in a good quality card box, with a slip off outer.

First impression is that's it's a good quality item. VR headsets are becoming very popular and vary considerably in build and comfort. It's vital that the wearer finds the fit comfortable and is able to adjust to allow for individual differences in vision. Essentially, these headsets hold a mobile phone and allow the user to experience 3D gaming or film viewing. They're great fun and at the budget end of the market, this is definitely one of the best that I've used.

It's a really good fit; there's so no light coming in from around the mask so nothing to disrupt gameplay or distract from a film. It's very comfortable. It's well balanced, light and with a broad headband it allows wear for longer periods without making your head hurt. The facial surround is leather and it's soft and padded. It's better than some which have plastic surround which can become damp and unpleasant.

It's easy to adjust for different eyesight; there's focal adjustment and both lenses move sideways allowing for width adjustment too. I'm not sure it would be suitable if you wear glasses; the headband is elasticated and comfortable but not adjustable and I think it would be a little tight.

It'll hold most ordinary size ( up to iPhone 6) mobiles, but not the larger models. There's no separate Bluetooth control, but bearing in mind the price point and image quality, it's excellent value, particularly if the VR experience and Apps is something you want to try before investing a fortune in gadgetry. Good looking and solid build with clear well written user guide, it's a steal at the current price. You'll still look daft wearing it, but you're absorbed in a game, you won't care! They're far more fun than I ever imagined and I've no hesitation in recommending this.
Comment Comment | Permalink

RFID Blocking Trifold Bifold Leather Wallet for Men, 18 Pocket Extra Capacity, Birthday Graduation Father's Day Gift, Credit Card Protection
Offered by Mt. Everest Brands

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, smells of leather and feels soft. Slim, stylish, elegant., 25 May 2016
Wallet

I was offered a discount for this wallet in exchange for an honest review.

It arrived next day and the presentation is excellent. It's in a really good quality card box and it's carefully wrapped in tissue paper. It would make a very elegant and good looking gift and first impressions are of a real quality product.

The wallet meets every expectation. Firstly, it's leather. It looks like leather, it smells of leather and the soft, thick grain is leather. I'm a little tired of items described as leather which turn out to be synthetic or some kind of thin, stripped leather that is like plastic. This looks be feels really nice. The grain gives it texture and although it's a fold over wallet with numerous lots, it looks slim and elegant. The logo branding is on the front; it's not overpowering and doesn't detract in any way from the appearance.

There's loads of spaces for cards, plus 4 slightly larger slots for non standard size business cards or papers. The billfold area across the ditch of the wallet has two lined compartments to separate notes or papers. The stitching throughout is perfect. There are no loose threads or badly stitched corners. There's real skill and craftsmanship in the finish and appearance.

The wallet has RFID blocking technology built in. I haven't been able to test this, but it means that automatic attempts to scan card data will be blocked. I can carry it in a bag or pocket in stores, secure from technology that lifts personal data without my knowledge. I now consider this an essential feature for any cardholder.

This wallet looks and feels good. I imagine it will not only wear well, but also last a very long time. Great price and price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20