Profile for AndyR > Reviews

Content by AndyR

AndyR

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
ERGONEER Preassembled Healthy Sit-stand Elevating Computer Workstation | Dual Monitor Wide Tabletop Standing Desk Converter | Height Adjustable Desktop Riser w/ Squeeze Handles (89CM)
Offered by ErgoRemedy Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Heads-up for iMac users . . ., 11 Aug. 2017
I nearly bought one of these. In fact it was already past checkout and dispatch was imminent.
I decided however to try raising my iMac 5.9" off of my desk, the height it would be at with the unit in the collapsed (seated) position.
I'm glad I did - it was way to high. I was able to cancel the order - thanks amazon and sorry: I thought I'd done all the research needed.

I guess this is something that other iMac users may want to consider. If you're using a standard monitor that does not have 3" or 4" below the screen that the iMac has then you should be okay - but probably no harm in trying the experiment i did - best to do so before you actually order it though.

I think it'd be better still if your monitor has variable height adjustment and can be set low or even VESA mounted.

So, this is not a criticism of this product that's why I've given it four stars. In fact I'll go so far as to say that I'm really disappointed as I was looking forward to the Sit-Stand option. When I am in a position - monitor wise - I'll be beck the reorder but having done the appropriate height test first.

Oypla Professional Grade A3 Guillotine With Safety Guard - Blue
Oypla Professional Grade A3 Guillotine With Safety Guard - Blue
Offered by Oypla

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't impressed - sent it back., 4 Jan. 2017
I reckon if I was a professional paper cuter I'd probably be using something else.
Wasn't impressed - sent it back.

Magic Bullet printhead cleaner and unblocker Kit - 120ml
Magic Bullet printhead cleaner and unblocker Kit - 120ml
Offered by magcts

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead easy to use., 4 Jan. 2017
Dead easy to use - does the job perfectly. I've only once had to make a second application.
It also seems that the more you use it the longer the intervals between having to use it become.

Our Version of Events+DVD
Our Version of Events+DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 4 Jan. 2017
Now, here was me thinking that the studio version was one of the best albums ever.
This is just simple glorious with such a clean live recording it's like you're actually there.
Wonderful!

What Would The Community Think
What Would The Community Think

5.0 out of 5 stars worth sticking with, 4 Jan. 2017
No one would ever say that this is easy listening - in fact it can be quite hard going,
It'll probably never be in my top fifty albums but a little perseverance with it does pay off.
It sort of grows on you.

BT 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 1200 Kit (Booster) - White
BT 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 1200 Kit (Booster) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Top piece of kit., 4 Jan. 2017
All set-up within 15 minutes of delivery including connecting 2 iPads, 2 iPhones and an iPod to it.
Easy Peasy.
Not a single lost connection in the 7 weeks since first switched on.
Both iPads are often in use at the same time.
Great for amazon music - just plug your iPad into your amplifier, make your music choice and relaaaaaax.
Top piece of kit.

HOTPOINT Washing Machine DRUM PADDLE LIFTER VERSION 2
HOTPOINT Washing Machine DRUM PADDLE LIFTER VERSION 2
Offered by bartyspares

5.0 out of 5 stars job done - easy peasy., 11 Feb. 2016
Hotpoint WMA66. During Friday's wash one of these came loose - the tabs had broken. Ordered 3 from bartyspares on Saturday, they arrived on Tuesday - and fitted - Tuesday's wash done, job done - easy peasy . . .. Good price as well; three for the price of two from elsewhere.

Scott
Scott

3.0 out of 5 stars Have you got HDCD compatible gear?, 16 July 2015
This review is from: Scott (Audio CD)
I ordered this CD together with 2, 3, & 4. It was only when they arrived that I discovered that they are all HDCD - amazon don't mention it on their pages. Not sure why not.

Apparently HDCD was a system from the nineties (now owned but discarded by Microsoft) that embeds 20bit within the standard 16bit Red Book CD.
It was claimed at the time that these could be played on standard CD players with no detriment to the sound and that HDCD compatible equipment would improve the sound.

I have a number of high-end CD players none of which are HDCD compatible. I opened this CD to try (I left the others sealed). To me this one at least really sounds pretty awful - clipped all over the place - so this CD and the other 3 (unopened) all went back for a refund as I have no HDCD compatible equipment and no Microsoft either for that matter.

I can't comment on the music because I could not get past half way through the third track on this CD - the others were never opened.
If you have HDCD equipment I guess they'd sound fine. How they'd then compare to previous releases or to the original vinyl is, I guess, a question for another time.

I've given three stars because the issues I had are not a fault of the product - they are what they are - it'd just be nice to have known that they are HDCD before ordering - but, then, I probably wouldn't have ordered.

Slightly Haunted
Slightly Haunted

5.0 out of 5 stars a collection of very well crafted songs, 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Slightly Haunted (Audio CD)
I have 32 CDs that came with New Country Magazine back in the mid nineties all copied (AIFF) to my iTunes library.
While I usually prefer to listen to complete albums I do on occasion put these 353 tracks on shuffle.
During one of these sessions "You Don't Love Me Anymore" came on. Immediately the singer and the track stood out as something a bit special.
I'd never heard of Lynn but within a few minutes I'd identified, found, and ordered the CD.
I've played it a few times since it arrived a couple of days ago and I'm just as impressed with the rest of the album - a collection of very well crafted songs - so I've just ordered another of Lynn's CDs and no doubt in time I'll have them all.
If, like me, you don't know Lynn's work this CD is, I reckon, an excellent place to start - I commend it to you.

iFi Micro iTube Tube Buffer Stage
iFi Micro iTube Tube Buffer Stage
Offered by Analogue Seduction

5.0 out of 5 stars . . . a worthwhile addition to my setup., 28 Dec. 2014
I only got seriously got into computer based audio in February 2014 and what I have been trying to achieve since then is for the speakers to disappear - like in my main listening-room setup.

I think, with the other iFi components and a computer based Near-Field setup the iTube has full reign to perform to it's potential - and as such the speakers have now disappeared - though it took a bit of burn-in of the iTube for this to be fully realised.

The iTube is the most recent addition to my setup and it's the second Pre-Amp, as that's how I'm using it - I'm now also on my third DAC, second pair of Monitor Speakers and many different RCA and USB cable combinations.

The speakers have been moved many times to try and get the best but in the end I added an extension to the back of my desk so that I could move the speakers just 12 inches further away and what an immediate and profound difference it made. Still close to a back and side wall but the base is set on the speakers to accommodate this.

It's been fun going through the process and it's all now (Dec 2014) sounding really pretty good to me which is what we are all striving for in this hobby.

In summary, yes the iFi ITube was a worthwhile addition to my setup. I'd highly recommend that you give it a try, especially so if you have other iFi components - it has added warmth, separation, height and depth while maintaining the smoothness of the iDac - all thoroughly enjoyable. Base strings and drums are much better defined - not in an overpowering way - just more realistic.
Mids and highs were already very good without the iTube and I don't feel that it has affected them much - certainly not in any sort of detrimental way.

As a tip . . . switch the iTube on at least 30 seconds or so before your amp or powered speakers and switch off your amp or powered speakers before the iTube.

==============================
AIFF files stored on a LaCie 2TB d2 Quadra v3 >--> Apple iMac (Audirvana Plus) > Atlas Element USB > iFi Audio Micro iUSB > iFi Audio Gemini USB Cable > iFi Audio Micro iDAC > Ecosse Reference HD 75ohm Asymmetrical Monocrystal Cables > iFi Audio Micro iTube Buffer/Preamp > Atlas Navigator double shielded symmetrical cables > Neutrik XLR adapt > M-Audio BX6 Carbon Studio Monitors (on IsoAcoustic L8R155 Stands)
==============================