Profile for Sarah-Jane R > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Washington Post
The Washington Post

5.0 out of 5 stars Journalism at its best, 23 May 2017
This review is from: The Washington Post (App)
Absolutely love. Appreciated the six months access for free. Will definitely subscribe.

Silence Fallen: Mercy Thompson Book 10
Silence Fallen: Mercy Thompson Book 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Another big hitter from PBriggs, 1 April 2017
Another Mercy Thompson winner for me. Absolutely loved it. The story is as captivating as the entire series has been, and I hated when it ended. Now I have to wait another two years =(

First Star I See Tonight
First Star I See Tonight

5.0 out of 5 stars This woman can write!!!, 21 Mar. 2017
Absolutely loved this book. It was so reminiscent of the series yet as individual as the next. A couple with chemistry and both so likeable. One of my faves. Already.

Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga

1.0 out of 5 stars latest app update deleted all my stash, 29 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Candy Crush Saga (App)
Lost all my loot when I applied the latest update. Very annoyed!!!

Backyardigans - Season 1
Backyardigans - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Let your imagination soar!!, 31 Dec. 2016
Absolutely fabulous! My son fell in love with the characters, skilful song writing and choreographed dancing. Ok , so I'm a fan too. :)
Imagination knows no bounds. Would highly recommend

Facebook
Facebook

1.0 out of 5 stars about six updates too old, 30 May 2016
This review is from: Facebook (App)
Amazon need to catch up on the updates on this app. The difference with what I can do on my phone vs my kindle fire is staggering.

360°Clean BBQ Grill Brush Barbecue Grill Cleaner 18" Stainless Steel Woven Wire Brushes Perfect,Char-Broil,Weber,Porcelain,Infrared Grills,Durable Effective,Bristles Bonus Handy Bag Basting Brush
Offered by Wonderful Home life

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, Comfortable, Effective, 17 April 2016
A good piece of kit for any avid barbecue cook. We have used on our Weber several times now and the brush is holding up very well - taking quite a bit of abuse, because we barbecue a LOT! Haven't tried the basting brush yet but it looks and feels quite well made.
I will very comfortably recommend

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my almost one year old, 28 Nov. 2015
Fabulous item. No drips, and held very securely by my baby

Dark Places
Dark Places
by Gillian Flynn

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not deliver :(, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dark Places (Paperback)
A novel that has such an excellent premise that just doesn't deliver. Don't get me wrong; the writing is sharp and very captivating and will hold your attention until the very disappointing end. What is with Flynn and her endings? Her books start out with such promise!
The pros: Well written. Excellent story. Identifiable characters.
The cons: The ending. :(

Will I buy her other books? Yes, but I will set my expectations to a fizzled out ending.

Children of Liberty (The Bronze Horseman Trilogy)
Children of Liberty (The Bronze Horseman Trilogy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Discrepancies. Much better as a standalone novel, 14 April 2013
Very much anticipated for readers of The Bronze Horseman Trilogy, I can't help but feel quite disappointed in this novel. First there are many discrepancies - I won't give too many away because of spoilers, but for example Gina's age when she first moved to Boston; and Gina having two brothers and NOT a sister who died (as mentioned in Tatiana & Alexander) etc. I know that we are supposed to fill in the blanks, or possibly await another novel to fill in some of the gaps, but you will feel short-changed by the direction this book takes at times.
Highly political in context, yet you will still try to understand why this couple ended up in the Soviet Union. You cannot sympathise with them. Their secret affair does not carry the credence of that dramatic love you feel with Tatiana & Alexander, which is weighted with sacrifice, and selflessness.
Harry is egotistical and Gina is a child. Harry believes that he knows the world as it should be, and Gina is enamoured. So expect every decision made to originate from those themes.
If you haven't read The Bronze Horseman trilogy, please don't let this be your introduction. If you are also looking for any resemblance to that tragic love that is Alexander's and Tatiana's, you will not find it here.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3