Profile for Cornishman > Reviews

Ian Rankin's Rebus - The Ken Stott Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ken Stott
Offered by The Canny Store

4.0 out of 5 stars A great series., 28 Nov. 2014
Enjoyable but unlike many other reviewers I prefer John Hannah as Rebus. Still worth watching if you're a Rebus fan.

Rebus : Seasons 1-2 [DVD]
Rebus : Seasons 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong with John Hannah!, 28 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Rebus : Seasons 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
I have really enjoyed watching these DVDs. I was nearly put off buying them by the negative comments about John Hannah being an unsuitable Rebus but I'm glad I went ahead. In my opinion he fits the part very well indeed.

Garmin ZUMO 390LM 4.3 inch Motorbike Satellite Navigation with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Bluetooth

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but flawed, 30 April 2014
I would like to have given it five stars as its an excellent SAT NAV and does exactly what I wanted it to do on my motorcycle with the added bonus of having a car kit supplied as well. However...
The big problem is Switzerland, for some reason it will not accept fairly main roads preferring to route you hundreds of kilometres instead of a very short distance. Try the Furka Pass to Interlaken for example, a 40 mile journey is shown as several hundred! I did get it to accept the route but only by putting each and every village as a via until I found one that went straight to Interlaken. It doesn't like Swiss banks either. It showed and took me to three false locations when I needed a cash point. One place was interesting as the Team Sky cycling team were there but I needed cash to pay for my hotel. In the end I gave up, went o a town where I knw there are banks and hunted a cash point down on foot. Annoying, it is such a useful feature but it needs to work.
I also don't like the 'dashboard'. I suppose it's to make it clear for motorcycling but I like using a North up view and whenever you're travelling between WSW and ESE through S the roads are hidden from view. My other Garmin SAT NAV, despite having the same screen dimensions is MUCH better.
Three stars then but it could so easily have been five!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2015 5:24 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic, 23 Mar. 2014
First of all the fan arrived ahead of schedule and was well packed. I really was expecting this to be a gimmick but with a 35 square metre stone walled, tile floored room to heat with a wood burner I was prepared to try anything.
Once warmed up the blades turn and strangely don't obviously do anything to the airflow, there is no evidence of the air moving at all. However, it does something because the thermometer kept in the far corner of the room quickly reached temperatures only previously seen when I used an electric radiator there. The room has been transformed; what was once a very zoned space, warm by the fire, cold around the walls is now evenly heated. Wort the five stars.

The Island Murder (The Reluctant Detective Mysteries Book 2)
The Island Murder (The Reluctant Detective Mysteries Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good short story, 7 Mar. 2014
I am glad that this was not the first book that I read by the author as I may not have been tempted to read the others. OK but I preferred the other Reluctant Detective books which I thought were well written and a good read.

Road Closed (A DI Geraldine Steel Thriller Book 2)
Road Closed (A DI Geraldine Steel Thriller Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak, 3 Feb. 2014
Rambling story which lacks finesse. Too predictable. Would not recommend to anyone, too many good books to read to need this.

20 Jazz Greats: Playalong for Alto Saxophone (Guest Spot)
20 Jazz Greats: Playalong for Alto Saxophone (Guest Spot)
by VARIOUS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of Classic tunes., 27 Jan. 2014
Lovely collection of Jazz tunes to listen to and play along with. Great to have the CDs, I actually listen to the complete tracks as a music CD as well as using it as a backing track.

Ballads: Play-Along Solos for Alto Sax
Ballads: Play-Along Solos for Alto Sax
by Hal Leonard Corp

5.0 out of 5 stars A good selection of music., 27 Jan. 2014
A good selection of tunes to play along to. Very useful for me to have the CD included. Some straightforward titles ranging up to quite challenging pieces.

Rosedale Professional Alto Sax Players Pack By Gear4music
Rosedale Professional Alto Sax Players Pack By Gear4music

5.0 out of 5 stars A great package., 27 Jan. 2014
Excellent value for money kit. I'd read reviews which rated these saxophones highly and was not disappointed. A very comprehensive kit which allowed me to get playing and look after the instrument straight away.
I changed the mouthpiece for a Yamaha S4 but that was personal preference.
Very prompt delivery, well packed to protect everything.

Escape to Little Britain
Escape to Little Britain

2.0 out of 5 stars Long winded, 22 Oct. 2013
I kept going to the end so it must have been a worthwhile read but every time I read gotten used as the past tense of to get, I felt like giving up.

Page: 1 | 2