Profile for Mr. T. A. P. Stapenhurst > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. A. P. S...

Mr. T. A. P. Stapenhurst (Aberdeen UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
HG Mould Spray
HG Mould Spray
Offered by Home and Hardware Shop Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Kills the mould!, 22 Mar. 2016
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
Does what it says on the bottle: kills the mould! Great.

Epson WorkForce WF-3620DWF A4 Duplex 4-in-1 Small Printer with Wi-Fi and AirPrint - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well - easy enogh to set up, 22 Mar. 2016
Works well, does all I expect, reasonably easy to use.

Coloured Mini Labels in Red, Blue, Green or Yellow Colours. 1300 x A4 Printer Labels - L7651
Offered by A4 LABELS

5.0 out of 5 stars Got what I expected, 22 Mar. 2016
Got product exactly as described - which is what one expects!

Duracell AA 2500mAh Recharge Ultra Rechargeable Batteries - Pack of 4 - Pre Charged / Stay Starged Replace 2400 (4 Pack)
Offered by Go Green Batteries UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Work in Garmin GPS, 22 Mar. 2016
They work in my Garmin GPS - (Energizer rechargeable batteries didn't work well)

Camino to Santiago: A Spiritual Companion
Camino to Santiago: A Spiritual Companion
by John Rafferty

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle reflections on the Camino de Santiago., 26 Feb. 2016
This is a books of short (most are 2 pages) vignettes of pilgrims experiences on the Camino de Santiago. Having walked the Camino, I relate very closely to the stories - the events they depict, the language, the phrases - they all speak to me of the Camino. I am enjoying the book and see myself dipping into it whenever I want to re-connect with the Camino.

The photos blend well with the text and, for me at least, with the Camino - reflective.

I'm not sure that I would use the word "companion" in the title as I would not take this (or indeed any non-essential) book with me when I'm walking - too heavy!

Letting Go - breathing new life into organisations (Postcards from Scotland)
Letting Go - breathing new life into organisations (Postcards from Scotland)
by Tony Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are a manager and concerned that you may not be doing things right - check this out., 16 Feb. 2016
I found this book very readable and enjoyable. It outlines current/traditional "command and control" management thinking/methods and explains why they result in the problems that many (most?) organisations experience today. In addition, Miller and Hall back up assertions with research findings and mini "case studies".

They also provide an alternative management approach resulting in greater workforce commitment which they again back up with research and case studies.

As an employee, I often wondered why I felt so frustrated at work - why I seemed to be restrained from using my knowledge and skills to solve problems and improve the work place - this book explains why I felt like that and that it's not just me!

At 120 pages this book cannot be definitive - and doesn't set out to be - but it is a great starting point for all managers wanting to break away from the historic repressive management style and move to a style that engages staff and promotes cooperation and contribution.

If you are a manager or business owner, read this book. It's only 120 pages and just might set you on the road to transforming your organisation.

Well done gents, I just fear nothing will change and in 5 years time organisations will still be using outdated, sub-optimal management methods.

MiniSun Branded 5W High Power GU10 Frosted Lens Bulb with 6 x 3030 SMD LEDs - 520 Lumens - Daylight/Cool White
Offered by The Light Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars Very white, very bright., 19 Dec. 2015
This is a very bright light - which is great. It is also a very white light (other GU10 bulbs I have are warmer).
I've only had the bulb for less than a week and so cant comment on its longevity.
So why only 4 stars? mainly because I can't comment on longevity.
Would I buy it again? If it lasts well and I want a very white light then yes, definitely.

The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief
The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief
by Francis S Collins
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting personal views from a scientist, 9 April 2013
Nowadays the common belief seems to be that either you can be a Christian OR you can accept science.
As a statistician - the arch-objective science - I refute this common belief and it is interesting to hear that there are many many scientists that DO believe in God.
Collin's explanation of why he believes, and commentaries on - specifically Dawkins - is well thought out, presented and backed up with evidence.

Key Performance Indicators (KPI): Developing, Implementing, and Using Winning KPIs
by David Parmenter

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written good intro for practicioners. Includes "resource" kit & templates., 1 Mar. 2013
I am a business statistician an have experience in performance measurement.
I wanted to get a good grounding in KPIs.
The book gives what seems to be a good comprehensive guide into a 12 step model for implementing a KPI system. It also gives a "resource kit" set of tools and templates to use for each step.

I found this book reasonably clear, though I did have to "study" rather than read parts of it to fully work out connections between chapters, and it left a some gaps in my knowledge. However, this is a very useful book which I will keep to hand when I am working with KPIs.

The book can't - and doesn't aim - to do everything, so for complete coverage of the topic you will probably also need:
- a book focusing on the design of balanced scorecards and charting (e.g. Balanced scorecards & operational dashboards with Microsoft Excel - of which the second half of the book on drawing scorecard charts in Excel is very helpful)
- a book giving detailed discussion on specific KPIs (e.g Key Performance Indicators by Bernard Marr which discusses 75 KPIs in detail)
- a book on designing charts/scorecards - perhaps one by Stephen Few would be best

These 4 books would, I think be a pretty much complete guide.

The Grahams: A Guide to Scotland's 2,000ft Peaks
The Grahams: A Guide to Scotland's 2,000ft Peaks
by Andrew Dempster

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful down to earth book, 12 Oct. 2012
The "standard" - and very good - texts for Scottish mountain guides are the SMC Munro and Corbett guide books.
As the SMC don't have a guide book for the Grahams (hills 2000ft - 2500ft) I bought this.
It lists the hills, gives walking guidelines, and has simple maps - so functionally it's good.
It is not, however, the glossy nicely presented volume that the SMC guides are so: very useful, but not "attractive"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3