57 of 59 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars
Kodak Zi8 versus Flip Ultra HD 8GB, 30 Nov. 2009
I am currently testing the Zi8 versus the Flip Ultra HD. To make it short: they are very close. Both have amazing quality considering the low price and the small size - of cause its not a "real" professional HD Camcorder. Let me give you the reasons why finally I am about to decide for the Kodak:
- Images overall are much sharper (sometimes tending to be "oversharped")
- more options for Image Quality and bigger sensor (1/2.5")
- the thinner cam fits into every pocket - so I can really allways have it with me
- great large display
- Makro option
- the 1.6 Update solved some Problems - let's now wait for 1.7 or even 2.0....
What could be PRO Flip Ultra HD?
- better low-light performance - specially in very low light
- very simple to use Software for the Mac and PC
- the cam itself is more stylish and valuable. Not a fingerprint magnet like the Kodak
So it's also a question of taste.