Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Daler-Rowney artist kneadable putty eraser - soft rubber large size
Daler-Rowney artist kneadable putty eraser - soft rubber large size
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars Putty Eraser., 19 Jan. 2016
Kneadable -but only if you are the Hulk. For mere mortals, it is purely a putty eraser.

Amazing Cakes
Amazing Cakes

2.0 out of 5 stars Was not what I was expecting., 22 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Amazing Cakes (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this expecting recipes and a simple guide for making some lovely cakes. Unfortunately, this isn't what I got.

There is no way that I would be willing to make a cake for a party using lights, wires and electronics! I'm just not that skilled.

The pictures of the cakes are amazing though and their creators do have some serious skills which is the only reason I am rating this as 2 stars.

Their Newborn Gift (Mills & Boon) (Outback Baby Tales series Book 3)
Their Newborn Gift (Mills & Boon) (Outback Baby Tales series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars A Newborn Gift, 22 Mar. 2011
I downloaded and read this book as it was free.

It is a Mills and Boon book written by Nikki Logan about a big secret. Lea became accidentally pregnant when she had a one night stand and decided that she would go it alone. Five years later, she has to tell the baby's father as her little girl is fighting for survival with her only hope being a new brother or sister.

It reads in traditional Mills and Boon style, but I did find myself skimming ahead for something exciting to happen. The story started off very well but lost it's momentum midway through and never really regained it.

The idea behind this story would have been brilliant, but I found that it was aimed at a slightly different target audience than myself.

LeapFrog Twinkle Twinkle Little Scout
LeapFrog Twinkle Twinkle Little Scout

4.0 out of 5 stars Noisy!, 11 Jan. 2011
The features of this toy are great, and in the shop it seemed a certain rival to the Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse. However, it is very loud and not as soothing and calming as the Seahorse because of this.

I would recommend buying this as a toy, but not as a sleep aid. For a sleep aid, it will be the seahorse every time I'm afraid. We use this as a backup if the other has no batteries, and even then it can only really be on environmental sounds as everything else is just too much.

Exquisite Corpse
Exquisite Corpse
by Poppy Z. Brite

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 15 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Exquisite Corpse (Paperback)
I first read this book when I was in my teens.

It is, in my opinion, loosely based on the murders committed by Jeffrey Dahmer. There are many similarities between this book and real life, which makes it an interesting read.

It is one of my favourite books, very well written and graphic (as all Brite's novels are). It is a shame she has now retired as I always love reading her books.

Lost Souls
Lost Souls
by Poppy Z. Brite

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 15 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Lost Souls (Paperback)
This book took my breath away.

There are not many books that I remember. This however, was one of them.

Brite has created a world where no one is quite what they seem, and everyone has something to learn about themselves and their loves. I found Lost Souls to be profoundly disturbing and also fascinating. The book includes mature scenes and graphic descriptions of violence, without any glamorization of drugs and violence. All of the sex and violence were a natural outgrowth of the characters' personalities; none of it seemed contrived or stuck in simply for the sake of having sex and violence in the book. (As some often are).

I wouldn't suggest buying this book as a present unless you know the recipient extremely well, however buy it for yourself. You will love it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Value, 15 Dec. 2010
Much better value than high street retailers for this dosage.

I will continue to buy from here.

Memento Mori
Memento Mori
Offered by DUBOX

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, 15 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Memento Mori (Audio CD)
I bought this as a gift for my husband as he is a big fan of the band. Up until now, I had never heard of them.

However, I am pleasantly surprised with what I heard. The songs are wonderful, and somewhat haunting at times. I would possibly compare them to the older Evanescence and Lacuna Coil songs.

If you are not sure, do yourself a favour.... buy it. You won't regret it.

Stacking Cups
Stacking Cups
Offered by S&S images

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller Than I Expected, 15 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Stacking Cups (Toy)
I have bought this as a Christmas present for my little cousin who loves to bash things around.

It was smaller than I had thought, but to be fair.. I didn;t read the dimensions when ordering so this is totally my fault.

Looks well made and sturdy and will be happy to give this as a present.

Dreamland Fleece Under Blanket
Dreamland Fleece Under Blanket

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 15 Dec. 2010
Had this on our bed for the first time last night, and am pleasantly surprised. The blanket warmed up very quickly and did hold it's heat all night long.

We had previously had an oil filled radiator to heat our room which was on all night. We ended up turning this off midway through as we were so toasty.

I wish I'd bought one earlier.

Only 4 stars as I found it a bit fiddly to tie to the bed.

Page: 1 | 2